• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Any tips on finding a better Guild?

FriarTuck

When this week's GE is over I'm going to switch Guilds. Should I expect a direct answer to the question "Does your Guild really prohibit sniping?" The one I'm in claims it does in it's profile but it doesn't define unwanted posting of FPs on a Guildmember's GBs as sniping.
Any other tips?

Ebeondi Asi

Do not ask that. Whatever problems you had with Guildies sniping you is not common. The #1 no no is making it seem you are 'drama' no Guild wants anyone making Drama. So skip any discussion at all of previous problems totally,.
Tell the new Guild if you are applying for entrance) what Era you are in. if you fight and your attack stats, if yo finish GE and how fast. Tell them what you are good at. what your goals are. do you play every day. you can ask do they have a 1.9 thread. Do they have swap threads ( actually I would avoid any Guild with a lot of swap threads shows they don't understand 1.9 value. Knowing how to use 1.9 is a huge plus)
The way to search for a Guild is to look in the Player personal point level pop up. the first tab in that pop up is Guilds.
Yo can scroll to the top and then start backing down. (I say avoid the bottom area where you can scroll through random Guilds Inno hands you. Too variable and capricious chances that way, and as likely to see Guild that totally suck as well as are average)
Clearly you cannot get into the top Guilds (if you have to ask here) so I would suggest scroll down the list fron the top to say the positions between # 75 down to 150 in the list. Those are Guilds that are strong, play every day. etc. The list shows he size of the Guild. I go for the bigger ones sincemore players doing1.9 is far better. some Guild are open anyone can join. Some yo need to ask to join. writing a good PM to teh leaders is important. Be honest and as mentioned, no whining or past problems.
Each Guild you can read the into. and go into the Guild and see all the players. Check how many personal points they all have. if no one is over a hundred million, then you know it is a young Guild. Lost of players over 500 million you can expect them all to be mature .. etc
I would look for a Guild with 65 to 75 players with a mix of points between 800 million down to 2 million a smooth slide on the mix. that kind of guild might offer the most to a newer player.
remember every Guild is different. and they all have oddities you have to accept to be happy in it. But finding the right fit is vital. So do not be afraid to look around again if you get unhappy or feel you have outgrown the Guild.

Last edited:

FriarTuck

Excellent advice which I would not have thought of. You have really helped me MANY times and I appreciate it.

e

Ebeondi Asi

The problem of what is 'sniping' is because it is a large group of things to different players.
The basic meaning of sniping / snipe is to take a position on another players Great Building that causes them to lose Forge Points (in relation to what they would get using a 1.9 thread. The tie in to Arc is part of the Sniping / snipe definition.
The use has been extended to include any unwanted Forge Points on a Great Building. Mainly because in 1.9 work any spurious Fps are a problem to the smooth use of 1.9
One confusion about snipe in particular s from new players. Who almost all seem to think any FPs added is a great thing, on their own Gb and thus "must also be" on others. This confusion lasts untl they get a hard rebuke from a player they are annoying. LOL

FriarTuck

Well, I sure thought any unasked for FPs put on a GB was sniping. So, are there Guilds which don't allow members to put FPs on Guildmates GBs? I have repeatedly had my buildings made unusable on 1.9 threads by fellow Guildmembers. I have no idea how to issue a strong rebuke. Is there anything I can do? As far as I know there is no way to save up FPs till I get the 200-300 or more to dump them all at once.

Pericles the Lion

I have repeatedly had my buildings made unusable on 1.9 threads by fellow Guildmembers.
Sorry but I don't understand how unsolicited donations make the GB unusable for the 1.9 thread. How so? If the contributor donated enough points to lock a spot @ 1.9 let him have it. If not, get him to add more or get another player to bump him to a lower spot.

As far as I know there is no way to save up FPs till I get the 200-300 or more to dump them all at once.
You can accumulate more than 100 FPs on your bar several ways (GBG and HC to name two) but it's not necessary to prime a GB for the 1.9 in a single shot. I do it in increments all the time with no problems from snipers.

FriarTuck

I don't have a clue as to how I would "get" another player to do anything. As to making it impossible to use 1.9 threads--posting just under the 1.9 amount by three different players leaves no room for Mr ARC 80 to post. So I'm left to add enough points to level it up myself--after adding enough points already to make it "snipe proof." The next time it happens I'll post real a real example.

Ebeondi Asi

As to making it impossible to use 1.9 threads--posting just under the 1.9 amount by three different players leaves no room for Mr ARC 80 to post. So I'm left to add enough points to level it up myself--after adding enough points already to make it "snipe proof." The next time it happens I'll post real a real example.
Good example of problems created by random Fps on a GB.
The reasons odd extra FPs mess up a GB for 1.9 is "Lock" one needs to lock against those odd FPs too. At least one only has to lock agaist the largest one. Then if the added amount is too large. it gets to be impossible to lock the offered position. (oddly what you are expereincing is like the dreaded 1/3 plus 1/3 buddy sniping. The worst snipe on high level Arcs and just plain evil. )

As for getting players to do things. yelling criticizing usually does not work in Foe. Players are like cats. No herding cats. So I suggest education. if one explains why not to do something. it may work. Problem is most players are not so good at clearly explaining why anything in Foe.
So my suggestion is yeah you need to find a new Guild.

Also you should never add more Forge points to your own GB than it takes to lock P1 (usually this also locks P2) Never add all the FP you need to add all on at the start. never! Only add the amount needed to lock P1 and not one extra FP more. until you have P1 andP2 filled.

FriarTuck

I don't add more than necessary. I have repeatedly tried to reason with Guildmates but they think I have lost nothing because I have lost nothing on the position they have taken. I do hope the new Guild will be better, but the posts here make me dubious. Probably Friday.

Sharmon the Impaler

Also you should never add more Forge points to your own GB than it takes to lock P1 (usually this also locks P2) Never add all the FP you need to add all on at the start. never! Only add the amount needed to lock P1 and not one extra FP more. until you have P1 andP2 filled.

The only exception is if you are power leveling your Gb (leveling in quick succession with a chosen group of 5 other players at a chosen rate (usually 1.9 or 1.92). In this case do not put any FP on it until all 5 are filled and then dump the rest to flip it . This leaves snipers no room and even if they do try to snipe they will need to snipe at 2.7-2.9 or just have the level 3 POS add FP to bump them down and then flip it right away. Make up the lost FP to the bumped 2nd position and down with the extra FP that is now donated by the clueless sniper :)

Ebeondi Asi

Power leveling or Speed leveling is to do several to many levels all at one time. You need to have five other players who select which position they will repeatedly take as the level rise. What it requires are plenty of Forge Points in storage (packets) to be able to fill the slots. Generally only players with Arc 80 or higher will do it. (though at times a player with a small Arc will take P5 so the can gain blueprints even though they lose Fps doing so.
The main gain for participants are Medals and blueprints. I have gained as many as two million Medals in one speed level event.
In a good Guild it is easy to post a request for five players to help speed level 30 levels on your GB.

Johnny B. Goode

The basic meaning of sniping / snipe is to take a position on another players Great Building that causes them to lose Forge Points (in relation to what they would get using a 1.9 thread.
This is not the original definition of sniping in this game. Sniping existed before there even was an Arc GB. The original meaning of sniping in this game was donating enough FP to take a spot from someone who has not locked the spot. Generally, it happened on GBs that were in regular swap threads, or were in private swaps. Then the Arc and the 1.9 sickness came along and everyone redefined what they thought sniping was. Personally, the owner of a GB should be happy for any donations, and quit expecting people to play the way they want them to. So there.

Ebeondi Asi

History. Not current facts. I agree with you about history. the word existed before Arc. I was not here then either, but I can see that is where it came from. And there are still a few players who refuse to build any Arc so their play is unaffected by the horror of Arc perversions inflicted into the game and players minds and actions. Feel free to discard any Arc you own and play without it. You are free to do so.

Just An Observer

1-Play GBG
2-See which guilds dominate
3-Build your city and playstyle up to the point it takes to join a genuine Big Dog guild.

Watch out for highly ranked guilds which do next to nothing in GBG. Those are GVG-centric guilds that play in the All Ages setting. You won't belong with them unless you are in the Space Ages.