• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

10th Anniversary Feedback

Gypsy Grace

I like that the incidents are theme related. St. Pat's could be shamrocks, beer steins, rainbows, little pots of gold. Forge Bowl could be footballs, helmets, cleats, goal posts. Spring could be different types of flowers, rain drops, and umbrella. Tons of options for Halloween and Christmas incidents. Seriously, Inno...let's do this!

Lord Pest

The stage of ages is an excellent drop in replacement for the colossus and pagoda. This is for those who are out of space in their city With a goal of putting in the best buildings they can in the space available.

UBERhelp1

TL; DR, I like this event.

In more detail, I like the unique mechanics here. It's nothing overly complex like the block breaking game, but there's something nice about the dice rolling. The only thing I haven't liked so far is that I've gotten only two daily specials after spending thousands of event currency across multiple worlds. However, while I haven't gotten many daily specials, I've noticed the quality of other rewards is much higher. I've gotten many more quality rewards from boxes than any other event so far. So while I might not have won what I wanted, I've gotten a higher standard of rewards.

Johnny B. Goode

Pros:
A few nice daily prizes. Stage of Ages is very nice.
Ability to switch out daily prizes once a day if the regular one doesn't appeal to you.
Special Incident icons for the Incidents with Event currency.

Cons:
Over1/3 of the squares on the mini-game board are given to mostly prizes with minimal to zero worth such as avatars, coins, supplies and medals. Even many of the buildings in the non-chest squares are only good for AD fodder...and many of those have little resale value at that.
The fact that one square gives you only one 5% increase in possibility of getting daily prize. If you go around board multiple times and land on it again, you get nothing.
Speaking of that, if you land on the starting square, you get nothing but the grand prize for that time around. If you pass it and land on a following square, you get the grand prize plus another prize. So you are basically penalized for landing on the starting square.
This may just be perception bias, as it is in many such cases, but it does seem to me that the daily prizes are being awarded at a much lower rate than advertised, even when you get the extra 5% chance. I am usually skeptical of such claims, but I play 9 cities and have spent most of my Paper Money on every one of them with very little to show for it on most of my worlds. There are a couple where I've had moderate success, but the non-chest squares combined with the low payout means even when you have a few thousand event currency and spend it all, you may not get very many daily prizes. On a couple of worlds I have spent thousands and gotten zero daily prizes. Lots of useless avatars, but no daily prizes.
Perhaps most disappointing of all, to me at least, is landing on the lower left corner square and not getting a Grand King or Grand Queen selection kit. They're not worth much at level one, and I've yet to get two of either one on any world despite landing on that square multiple times.

Centurion 39

I do think the actual non-deco prizes are good, but the number of avatars on the board and number of times I've happened to land on them (which is NOT random) is a complete waste of a roll for me. Also, the Golden Orrery special productions are really, really disappointing for the 10th Anniversary building. The first fragments should be at least be hour or 2 hour ones, the 20% attack is ok I guess, and the last one should have been reno kits and not one ups (I mean, geesh, how long will it take to RANDOMLY get enough fragments?) 20% of getting 2 means every 5 days I might hit it, so if I need 15 then every 40 days, I might get ONE one up kit. And there isn't even a 1% chance of getting diamonds? I think the Crow's Nest randoms would have been a better choice to be honest, it is the 10th Anniversary you know! But great artwork and animations, congrats on 10 years!

Just An Observer

Plenty of Incidents for getting the paper money were present. The event's quests were of the moderate to easy variety. I saved up my money for when the Sentinel upgrade kit showed up. When it did, I had 8600 paper money to spend. The result was a dozen Sentinel upgrade kits, all the needed Orrery kits to have a complete building, a bit over 100 FP's, tons of excellent stuff to sell to the AD, then add in the coins, supplies, Medals and goods. I liked that kind of payoff! The Golden Dice was a nice touch of gameplay too. All in all I consider myself a satisfied customer.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Final feedback...

Absolutely boring gameplay that simply consisted of clicking on a virtual dice over and over on two days out of a couple week event. Even more boring than the usual events since there was no choice to be made like with the frogs in the spring event.

Quests were easy but annoying in the order they were layed out.

Main prize was good for new cities, Stage of Ages is pretty good overall. Number of daily specials won was about par for the course for any recent event.

Incidents with special graphics like this and the spring cherry trees should be the norm in events where event currency is available in incidents. So good job there.

The "aging up" feature could have been made interesting and meaningful with game play functions, but ended up being meaningless, especially since playing all of my currency at once meant I only spent seconds in most eras, and didn't really notice them as they flew past. And unless you spent a ton of diamonds you couldn't even make it halfway through them.

If this was a regular event I'd give it a 5/10, but since it was a special event celebrating a huge milestone I have to give it a 2/10 since not only wasn't there anything special about the event, but it was of lesser quality than most normal events, with nothing to do outside the daily quest and search for incidents on days when you weren't interested in the daily special.

Unfortunately a truly forgettable event all in all.

Last edited:

Graviton

I thought it was a fine anniversary event. I like all of the Stages and Checkmate Squares I picked up. I somehow managed to not get the upgrade kits for the new King and Queen statues in one city, but I had no problem doing so in my other six cities. The only issue is finding room for everything. Happy 10th, FoE!

DevaCat

Like almost all events this one’s gotten mixed reviews - ds too hard to get, rewards better than average, rewards meh, gameplay too dull, gameplay fun — you can’t make everybody happy lol. Aside from some minor quibbles which I agree with regarding the seeming lack of rewards when landing on the same space when doing multiple circuits, overall a nice event I think. Could it have been more over the top considering it was an anniversary event? Maybe. The current game meta suggests the main reward was less than memorable for many, but it wasn’t horrible.

Count me among those content to do simple events (shorter please) in order to have a chance to get nice event buildings. I neither need or want entertaining event mini-games to provide me entertainment; I do events for the rewards and the fewer the hoops to jump through the better. I have plenty of entertainment already with GE, GBG and the rest of the normal game; I am happy with the frog and Lilly pad mini game, as boring as that might be for others.

As far as a successful event for Inno, I spent diamonds across four worlds, which I rarely do. I’d say that was a win.

Ironrooster

I like the Stage of Ages. Since I had amassed them, I spent some diamonds in my main city to get extra SoA's.

Having the checkmate square was also a nice daily prize as well. The main building is nice also especially since it doesn't need motivated and can not be plundered.

While all 5 of my cities got the Grand Orrery level 10, only 1 city got 2 Grand King selection kits and 2 Grand Queen selection kits, the others got from 0 to 2 kits. I think I missed more often than I hit for the selection kits when I landed on that corner.

All in all, I enjoyed the event and am happy with the prizes I got.

LoveNkind

I got full Golden Orrery in both my Big Diamond League city and my little Iron Age City. My big city is crowded and I did not find space for it. I put it up in my little city.
I just destroyed the Golden Orrery in my small city because I felt assaulted every time I collected. I HATE fragments. I am going to send all the pieces in my other city to AD.