• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2023 Feedback

Johnny B. Goode

What twelve blueprints ?
Some of the gold chests have a blueprints award. It's a ridiculous amount (didn't count but was at least 10) and they pop up one by one, instead of all at once. Don't know why they bothered to make the feature of a "show all items" box if they're not going to use it.

I won gold chest blueprints twice and it was painful both times.
The Gold chest BP reward is 10 BPs. And if you hit it on the first try of the day (when it's doubled), then it's 20. Not quite as painful if you're in a low era. For example, my Iron Age city only gets 4 pop ups of BPs due to there only being 4 era-specific GBs available. It's painful in the higher eras, when you can literally get 20 different pop ups.

PJS299

Most players prefer not to come to the forum and give feedback. You can see on many of your threads in the forum the "Well-Known Members" come to the forum to argue with people over their comments and then belittle everyone who does not agree with them. Imagine grown adults crying about someone elses comment about how the feel about aspects of the game. So why bother? If you want real feedback then post short surveys on FB or Instagram where people can give anonymous feedback. Where "well-known" troublemakers can keep their opinions out of it.
At least people here actually know how to play the game. On Insta, some random people could come and submit answers. And you can give anonymous feedback here. With the poll option.

Please try to stay on topic. This thread is for Soccer Event 2023 feedback and discussion only.

This event has been good so far. It's nice to restock on all of my boosts/potions, and I should be able to get the golden building.

Darkest.Knight

Narcissists seems to be coming out of the woodwork, it's not nearly as bad here as in the big, bad political arena.

Won't last for long but touched gold this morning, we'll c since I need to find incidents to do anything else. I just may be stuck spending a few footballs to continue on, will still have enough diamonds just in case next event is worth some spending.

Dursland

just in case next event is worth some spending.
Looks like it's worth getting the gold pass (for jumpin' pumpkins and the silver/gold upgrades to main building), and maybe dropping just a few diamonds if you come up short on 2nd vineyard.

People in beta are saying it's either free or cheap for a 2nd vineyard with gold pass.

But dump loads to get a bunch of buildings? No, not Fall Event.

Vineyard is lacking in stats and is also 3x7 that requires road.

Douglas 221

I used to have the same feelings about well-known members based simply on that title as well. I had a forum account when I first began playing almost 6 years ago and stopped coming precisely due to feeling attacked all of the time. When I reinstated my account in December of last year I must admit that I still had a bit of a chip on my shoulder about the whole issue. (I only know that I achieved well known status in a very short period of time).

The truth is that I really don't have any idea at all how someone becomes a well-known member but I do know that it has nothing at all to do with the amount of actual time spent on the forum itself based not only on my own experience + time spent on it but what I see in other well-known members' activity levels. I suspect it has far more to do with such issues as numbers of posts rather than length of actual time.

To be perfectly honest, I see far more arrogance and intolerance in others' opinions in those who are not regular to the forum than I do out of those who are "regulars."
Thank you but this is based more an just the title. I am sure if I came here daily and posted replies and respond to threads I could also gain the title as I have been with the game for some time and have experience to reply to most questions. But for most of the time I come to threads to read suggestions or requests and I see the arguing, arrogance and intolerance from those with the title. But then I will admit I do not spend much time on here as that is all I see. People who should be well respected for their time with the game and knowledge should not be attacking the opinions of others. Not all of us enjoy the same things in the game nor do all of us enjoy certain aspects of the game but that is no reason to verbally attack people for a different opinion.

Johnny B. Goode

Thank you but this is based more an just the title. I am sure if I came here daily and posted replies and respond to threads I could also gain the title as I have been with the game for some time and have experience to reply to most questions. But for most of the time I come to threads to read suggestions or requests and I see the arguing, arrogance and intolerance from those with the title. But then I will admit I do not spend much time on here as that is all I see. People who should be well respected for their time with the game and knowledge should not be attacking the opinions of others. Not all of us enjoy the same things in the game nor do all of us enjoy certain aspects of the game but that is no reason to verbally attack people for a different opinion.
None of this is feedback on the event. If you have a problem with specific posters, then report their posts or message the Community Managers about them. Quit spamming this feedback thread with your issues. (Incidentally, @Mor-Rioghain's comment about arrogance and intolerance in those who are not regular to the Forum fits you to a "T".)

Darkest.Knight

lol, J.B. we c more eye to eye these days; had some disagreements in the past. The thread is really off base, want someone to talk about event progress, I wonder how others r doing.

I just completed the complete Aegean Resort w/gold upgrade.

Dursland

want someone to talk about event progress, I wonder how others r doing.

I just completed the complete Aegean Resort w/gold upgrade.
3780 after doing 4x16 a day and spending most of my badges.

I'm now going for board clears as I need more progress to reach 5500. In a few days I'll see where I'm at and whether I need to start doing the 160 reset or not.

5500 is for three full Aegeans.

Mor-Rioghain

None of this is feedback on the event. If you have a problem with specific posters, then report their posts or message the Community Managers about them. Quit spamming this feedback thread with your issues. (Incidentally, [B]@Mor-Rioghain's comment about arrogance and intolerance in those who are not regular to the Forum fits you to a "T".)[/B]
At least I can admit that I was mistaken and change my behavior accordingly. Is there no room in your considered opinion for people who can adapt? Just because I am convicted and not about to be swayed on some opinions does not characterize me as inflexible nor anti-social. Everyone is correct: this is off-topic but honestly, JBG, you literally have no room to talk when it comes to intransience.

Pericles the Lion

At least I can admit that I was mistaken and change my behavior accordingly. Is there no room in your considered opinion for people who can adapt? Just because I am convicted and not about to be swayed on some opinions does not characterize me as inflexible nor anti-social. Everyone is correct: this is off-topic but honestly, JBG, you literally have no room to talk when it comes to intransience.
I could be wrong but I think that @Johnny B. Goode was being complimentary to you. :rolleyes:

Johnny B. Goode

@Pericles the Lion is partially correct. I was quoting you in reference to the other player. I meant no insult to you.

Dursland

Played aggressively today, 3 board clears in last 24 hours. One was a little expensive but it got me a Finish All Special.

Sitting on Gold League for the moment, at 4267 progress. Looks like hitting 5500 won't be a problem.

Don't think I need to go for extra boards here. Maybe another clear or two on last few days.

Darkest.Knight

Just managing to stay in gold. Oh well, forced myself to spend some diamonds or stop for a day. Lol, didn't take long to decide, I'll be spending some diamonds.

PJS299

You asked/intimated on another thread that you didn't understand why someone perceived you as mean, ignorant, or rude. THIS kind of comment might just be why people perceive you that way. What are you? The forum police?
I really don't have any idea at all how someone becomes a well-known member

No, I'd just like the thread to stay on-topic. And he was making fun of people, including you, so...

And I don't need a novel. :)

(Also, he liked my message...)

And you become a well known member when you receive 250 likes.

I switched the DS today to the Epic Soccer, but I only have gotten three, and have opened around 15 gold bags. Is this the expected number, or is something wrong?

Dursland

Anybody else notice they have nerfed incidents giving currency? Seems it was hitting a lot first few days of event, since then not so much.

I got about 800 currency first 4-5 days of event then 20 since then. Literally just 20.