• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

feedback for Winter event 2023

Dursland

60 stars from incidents so far on my main, all 10s.

Have hit the 20 and 30 on side worlds but not on main yet.

Going for keys is nuts, I spent 200 stars today chasing one on two different boards and didn't get it. Then of course third board pops up with no key.

Be Chuille

I gave up on getting keys. In 2 worlds, spending all stars, and only found a few keys so far.

The negative happiness on the new buildings is hurting my IA city in one world, so not even building these new ones there for now. It takes time to build up happiness to cover for that kind of hit.

I remember this event in the past where you would get 1-3 matches per package. Now it's a max of 2 matches, and 80% of the matches I get is only 1. So getting the 20 matches to get the prize is even harder, and makes it almost impossible to get all the levels of the Winter Wonderland Pyramid, which is the only reason I play these useless events.

Sharmon the Impaler

This is the first event in 19 events where I spent 0$ and 0 diamonds. If the odds aren't fair I have no interest in an event. On top of the shuffle they also removed the keys from all of my starting boards so far, sometimes the second and third too. I think everyone can agree that that could be construde as being patently unfair. Make 4 the winning number our of 1 - 26 but first remove the 4 from the set , pretty much the same thing.

Last edited:

LiciniusLucullus

Hello. Is it possible to complete the calendar without spending diamonds? Or spending just a small amount? I have 10/10 doors opened until now, and I'm also set for the 11th.

Pericles the Lion

This is the first event in 19 events where I spent 0$ and 0 diamonds. If the odds aren't fair I have no interest in an event. On top of the shuffle they also removed the keys from all of my starting boards so far, sometimes the second and third too. I think everyone can agree that that could be construde as being patently unfair. Make 4 the winning number our of 1 - 26 but first remove the 4 from the set , pretty much the same thing.
For once I won't say that your results are due to "bad luck". There is a strategy for completing the calendar with a minimum expenditure of diamonds. You are not using it. Below is my calendar through today. I've used no diamonds on keys and still have 753 stars in reserve.

1702208846030.png

Pericles the Lion

Hello. Is it possible to complete the calendar without spending diamonds? Or spending just a small amount? I have 10/10 doors opened until now, and I'm also set for the 11th.
It is theoretically possible but unlikely. I spent 2500 diamonds to complete the 2022 Winter Event calendar. I have a feeling that this year will be about the same.

ScreamingZiva

For once I won't say that your results are due to "bad luck". There is a strategy for completing the calendar with a minimum expenditure of diamonds. You are not using it. Below is my calendar through today. I've used no diamonds on keys and still have 753 stars in reserve.
There is no strategy outside of massive luck for what you have done so far. You can't magically force a key onto your first board and then you can't magically force a shuffle if you haven't gotten one. Your current star count also seems very very high unless you were lucky enough to get a key on your first board every single time and then found the present with it in one or two clicks. You've obviously used key parts but you must be getting lucky getting the max every day as well.

There is zero strategy to luck and that's all the calendar is.

Sharmon the Impaler

There is no strategy outside of massive luck for what you have done so far. You can't magically force a key onto your first board and then you can't magically force a shuffle if you haven't gotten one. Your current star count also seems very very high unless you were lucky enough to get a key on your first board every single time and then found the present with it in one or two clicks. You've obviously used key parts but you must be getting lucky getting the max every day as well.

I have received 2 keys grand total one on the first board and one on the second board. All the rest have been duds , how can you strategize that ?

Pericles the Lion

Let's compare notes at the end of the Event. You play the calendar your way and I'll do it mine. Let's see how it plays out.

Pericles the Lion

I have received 2 keys grand total one on the first board and one on the second board. All the rest have been duds , how can you strategize that ?
All presents are revealed before the "Start" button is used. You are playing boards even though no key was displayed beforehand. Then, after not getting a key, you play the next board even when it shows no key, then even a third board with no key. It's not possible to find a key that is not there.

Dursland

You're certainly on a very good track, I only have 7/11 opened.

That said I don't think it's possible to complete for free no. You will run into situations where you spend 100-200ish stars and get no key.

If they appeared on every single board then definitely would be possible, but with it coming up once every 2 or 3 boards it's designed to draw in the diamonds.

Best you can hope for is to make it as cheap as possible. At 10/10 you're at a very good start and I'd keep going. Godspeed!

ScreamingZiva

All presents are revealed before the "Start" button is used. You are playing boards even though no key was displayed beforehand. Then, after not getting a key, you play the next board even when it shows no key, then even a third board with no key. It's not possible to find a key that is not there.
You make it sound so easy. When a key shows up on your board how do you make sure you find it before you hit a shuffle? Oh yeah, you can't. Yes, you shouldn't really search for keys on boards that don't have them but it's still luck if you find one before you find a shuffle.

Sharmon the Impaler

Because I am not interested in this event so I kept going until I hit a board that had keys displayed before the scramble. It shows how poor the odds are that are baked into the game before you even start the board.

Johnny B. Goode

Let's compare notes at the end of the Event. You play the calendar your way and I'll do it mine. Let's see how it plays out.
So why don't you share your "strategy"? I'm guessing you wait until a day when there's a key showing on the first board and then if you don't get it before shuffle and there's no key on the next board you wait until the next day. And you probably are doing the key parts option on the DC every day. Other than that, what "strategy" can there be? None, that's what. And even with that "strategy", you have to have luck. Lots of luck. Or Diamond spending. Your "strategy" isn't Diamond spending by any chance, is it? I mean, you say you didn't spend any Diamonds "on keys", but did you spend Diamonds on other event stuff? I'm guessing so, unless you've had incredible luck. Especially since you say you still have over 750 Stars in reserve.

Pericles the Lion

You make it sound so easy. When a key shows up on your board how do you make sure you find it before you hit a shuffle? Oh yeah, you can't. Yes, you shouldn't really search for keys on boards that don't have them but it's still luck if you find one before you find a shuffle.
It is easy. If the board doesn't have a key then don't play it. Period. Yes, it is certainly possible to hit the shuffle before you find the key but it's also possible to find the key first. If there was no key displayed then there is no chance to find a key. So, you tell me, which is a better strategy, playing boards that only have keys or just let 'er rip and play all boards?
Because I am not interested in this event so I kept going until I hit a board that had keys displayed before the scramble. It shows how poor the odds are that are baked into the game before you even start the board.
If you don't care about the event then why are you complaining about not finding keys?

Pericles the Lion

So why don't you share your "strategy"? I'm guessing you wait until a day when there's a key showing on the first board and then if you don't get it before shuffle and there's no key on the next board you wait until the next day. And you probably are doing the key parts option on the DC every day. Other than that, what "strategy" can there be? None, that's what. And even with that "strategy", you have to have luck. Lots of luck. Or Diamond spending. Your "strategy" isn't Diamond spending by any chance, is it? I mean, you say you didn't spend any Diamonds "on keys", but did you spend Diamonds on other event stuff? I'm guessing so, unless you've had incredible luck. Especially since you say you still have over 750 Stars in reserve.
You hit the nail on the head. I do not play a board unless a key was first displayed. If I hit the shuffle first I only continue if a key is displayed on the next board. Yes, collecting key parts for the DCs is very important (this is where approximately 14 keys will come from). I have not spent diamonds on keys (yet) or event currency (won't). I have only spent diamonds on Elve's workshop items.

I agree with you, luck plays a part in calendar success. However, skill at deciding which boards to play, and which to avoid, reduces a player's dependence on luck.

Johnny B. Goode

Yes, collecting key parts for the DCs is very important (this is where approximately 14 keys will come from).
The probability, according to Inno's stated odds of getting 1, 2 or 3 fragments, is slightly over 10 complete Keys from the DC. Out of 100 chances, with the stated odds, you would get 165 fragments. Divided by 100 chances, that's 1.65 fragments per day. You'll get 31 chances at these fragments during the event (last day's DC usually doesn't have the fragments), meaning probability of just over 51 total fragments. Needing 5 fragments to complete a Key, that's only 10 Keys from the DC. To get 14 complete Keys, you would need 70 fragments, which would be an average of 2.258 per day. That's getting extremely lucky.

The other thing about your strategy is that you have to totally ignore what the Daily Special is. Can't go after the Daily Special if the board doesn't have a Key, can you?