• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Expansion square costs (diamonds)

DeletedUser

Expansion square costs 200 when you first purchase them. I went and got a second square, assuming they'd cost the same. I didn't quite pay attention, because I wanted the cool amphitheater. When i decided, well it would be cool to use the space behind the Town hall, I went to add 2 more squares, and There I saw 400. Is there a warning somewhere (besides the box that shows up telling you u going to spend diamonds) that tells the increments of things when you buy them... I saw points cost 50 each time you buy a forge point. But the squares? Diamonds aren't cheap to begin with, so I'm wondering about the almost exponential cost of things when repurchasing them.
Cool objects require space. If the space continues to rise in cost, well.... we are looking at so many saying, purchasing sounds bogus.
I don't want a debate or an opinion... plenty of those around . Just a Sentry to explain the actual thought behind this.... It would seem to me, premium means that.... PREMIUM in Latin means Reward : Prize. It seems here I am actually being Premo which means to Squeeze or press down. Its the opposite of premium.
While I am Purchasing My "Prize", I can't help but feel I am being subjugated to relinquish it immediately.
And extra 100 diamonds for each square purchased? really? that's 100. Like I've stated before, this is going to be an after work game....
Or should I invest in an Xbox 360 and play halo and ODS?
:mad:

DeletedUser

How much more of a warning do you need than a pop-up box telling you how many you are going to spend?

The cost to free up more space needs to increase to avoid having such huge gaps between premium and non-paying players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How much more of a warning do you need than a pop-up box telling you how many you are going to spend?

The cost to free up more space needs to increase to avoid having such huge gaps between premium and non-paying players.
you're not a sentry. but since you asked. You mentioned it outright, paying and non paying.
There was no way for me to tell "before" buying the diamonds that this was the case..... Please.... I'm waiting for a sentry or DEV to respond... :hmph:

DeletedUser34

omg, are you still on this kick? Dude, you are changing the words to your song, but the tune is the same. Please..enough already. I'd say 90 percent of your posts are griping about something, mostly cost, and you know...It gets old already.....

It isn't as if not knowing the raised cost was going to stop you from purchasing the first expansion. It is almost like you are picking and picking and showing how many diamonds you purchase to give your gripes more validity.....It is unrealistic not to expect them to raise in rate, after all EVERY THING ESLE DOES

DeletedUser

Please.... I'm waiting for a sentry or DEV to respond... :hmph:

If you're looking for an answer solely from a sentry (devs aren't part of the forum), then PM'ing one or asking in-game should suffice. No need to post on a public forum and then limit who you'll take answers from.

DeletedUser34

OMG, I just had a GENIUS MOMENT....A few Developers read and post on .en.....
you should go register over there and talk to them. I am pretty sure they will be better able to reach a Sentinel......

And no, I am not being catty, I seriously thought about it....and realized none of our answers work for you....

DeletedUser

.en?
I tried to Pm but its difficult closing and going back and forth... Is Why I placed it here, for the query guy...
90%, huh?
well....
You're still bringing that one post up?.... Nice. Don't you work here or something?... Be nice.
You continue to astound me.

DeletedUser

Expansion square costs 200 when you first purchase them. I went and got a second square, assuming they'd cost the same. I didn't quite pay attention, because I wanted the cool amphitheater. When i decided, well it would be cool to use the space behind the Town hall, I went to add 2 more squares, and There I saw 400. Is there a warning somewhere (besides the box that shows up telling you u going to spend diamonds) that tells the increments of things when you buy them... ......

It's in the guides.
People put a lot of work into them and don't appreciate moaning posts that could have been avoided if the guides had been read before posting.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure what your actual question is here. I don't know exactly how much it rises each time, but it's only common sense that the cost of buying premium expansions would increase just as the cost of buying expansions with cash does. No one is forcing you to buy diamonds. You're not being "pressed down", and yes, you are being given an advantage. Those two premium expansions of yours are already more than what 99% of players have bought. The premium system of this game, while it does technically allow you to buy pretty much everything, is not designed for that to actually be practical. The costs are often astronomical in order to prevent players from "abusing" the premium features.

Just have a little patience and wait for your next victory or tech tree expansions, and stop complaining that the game is not easy enough for your liking.

DeletedUser

The guides are so discombobulated, at times I cant find anything. As for assumming they go up in price, nowhere did I get that, because you don't find out until After you bought the square.
Look, Had it been placed somewhere, I could have accounted for the differential. an additional 600 diamonds. The decorations and the extra squares that were needed I can no longer get. Not to sound like a whiner, it shouldn't be assumed someone who's never played the game will understand this. the things you "buy" during building don't go up in price, so why should I assume that?
Just place it clearly somewhere. I know this is beta and you don't have a real guides menu. Domino just posted one clear format and I really appreciate it.
A little thing like subsequent purchases are 100 diamonds more than the last would have let me know to either buy more, or plan for less.
Imagine, i got things and now I cant placer them anywhere, or I get a space, and now no things...
that's what disturbed me.
All said and done,
I know now.

DeletedUser

So should there be, like, a warning if you try to buy a second diamond expansion? Or a tooltip ahead of time?

DeletedUser

Yes, but before you purchase the first one.
It's all good, Just saying I was chastised for not assuming i should have known. All I could say is how? I know I can buy expansion squares during quest, still 200 coins every time. MY assumption was OK... so I calculated the number I would need, did the first three steps, THEN i found out the price goes up in diamond mode. I searched the guides and could find anything as of yet that specifies this. Perhaps it could help in the future to place the facts.
The way I Look at it know is, I could have bout the 6500 diamonds had I known this, Is all, or not...
I go back to work on monday, so now I have only 1 hour a night to play this....
So much for trying to pack it in before that.

DeletedUser

Intuitively, you'd think that the price on land would increase as you bought more.

DeletedUser

intuitively it actually dictates the opposite. But were not talking about that. Besides, normal squares cost the same through 3 ages... so, what are you saying?

Buttlefly, you got my answer.

Thanks

DeletedUser

intuitively it actually dictates the opposite. But were not talking about that. Besides, normal squares cost the same through 3 ages... so, what are you saying?

So then how else would they prevent premium players from gaining too much of an advantage?

And how do normal squares cost the same through 3 ages? The price of expanding goes up each time...

DeletedUser34

So then how else would they prevent premium players from gaining too much of an advantage?

And how do normal squares cost the same through 3 ages? The price of expanding goes up each time...

just tell him it is water :D
he wanted a lazy game, and now he wants a cheap game....once you win this point it will move on to something else.....
I think telling him it is beer is more believable.

DeletedUser

The price of buying expansions with coins increases every time. Even if you didn't assume it would be the same for diamond expansions, it clearly says the amount of diamonds needed right underneath the expansion, again on the window that pops up when you hover over it and a third time on the warning screen if you didn't disable that. There's really no excuse for accidentally spending more diamonds than you expected, and it's definitely no one else's fault but your own.

It's not like the expansion you purchased now becomes useless because you paid too much for it. Why do you have to fill it with a premium building? Why not with a normal building?

DeletedUser

Whether or not you think it's obvious is irrelevant. Angelwerks didn't think it was obvious enough, and is requesting that it be made clearer so that others do not make the same mistake. Given that it involves actual money, I think this is justified. I can't speak for anyone else but I'm inclined to plan how I spend money based on how much things cost. If I make a mistake on the cost and don't realize it until it's too late, tough, that money is gone.

It's not unreasonable. It's just a warning, just in case.

DeletedUser

thank you butterfly. I'm sure others would think the same. sometimes we want to "decorate" and instead of wasting valuable game space, we could just buy the flowers, or whatever. The design in the tree allows for only specialty items at times. Unfortunately they're too nice to pass up, but they have to be placed somewhere.
And scarecrow: i never said accidentally. I said I calculated one number and was popped with another... threw off my meager and meaningless plan for a nicer looking setup.

DeletedUser

The costs for diamond expansions are listed in my military guide. What I would like to see is, knowing that there are 10 expansions you can buy, how many of them I've already bought. I tend to forget things, so a small addition in the tooltip like 7/10 would be helpful in planning further diamond purchases.