• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Recent content by Smeorail

1. The Most Important Age in Forge of Empires

I've been seeing some changes in the Iron Age and they're pretty amazing. The Karchagu quest now pays 4 x EMA mercs and 4 x EMA Mounted Archers. The mountain Tarmelmann campaign is easy with only 4 enemies in each sector in all provinces. Quests are easier, GbG eligibility has moved techs so you...
  2. GE lvl 5 gameplay balancing

Yeah, hmmm, and I wonder what percentage of Guilds have boycotted level 5 and refuse to open it? That would be an interesting statistic to see. Minorities always tend to be heard the most,
  3. GE lvl 5 gameplay balancing

Yeah, I hear you, I guess I posted this comment in the wrong place at the wrong time. Please read my new discussion on The Most Important Age in Forge of Empires. I'm not trying to spoil the game for you :)
  4. GE lvl 5 gameplay balancing

Hi Mr Lion, I've just posted a new discussion on what I believe is the most important age in Forge of Empires and I explain myself in there. I certainly don't wish to hold back experienced players like you from enjoying the game.
  5. The Most Important Age in Forge of Empires

I would love to hear folks thoughts on what they believe is the most important age in the game. I think it's the Iron Age and here are my reasons. First of all, every single penny Forge of Empires makes comes through the Iron Age. It's so important I'm going to repeat this - all revenue, all of...
  6. GE lvl 5 gameplay balancing

The best balancing you could do is get rid of level 5, it is destroying GE and damaging the game.
  7. "Reward" Pop-Ups during collection

Yes, and it's becoming more and more annoying to the point I dread collection time. There should be a check box for getting rid of popups at collection.
  8. Ad Removal

I've finally found a solution to buying Ad Removal and still having Ads. Nothing has worked until now, but I have a fix. Go to your cupboard, dig out that old dusty PC that's been lying in there for years, spend two hours doing Windows updates, go to Forge of Empires and the Ads will be...
  9. GE lvl 5 gameplay balancing

Ah, yes, there is that, good point.
  10. GE lvl 5 gameplay balancing

You're right Emberguard, and yes, you're right Mr Lion. I have no idea what the solution is, but I'm not sure I'm quite communicating clearly here either, so let me set some context and background to what I'm trying to say. I've been away a long time and there have been some major changes. One...
  11. GE lvl 5 gameplay balancing

An expert guild would soon reach level 20, and if they also played GbG they would be at level 20 in 3 or 4 weeks. I was kidding about GbG :)
  12. GE lvl 5 gameplay balancing

By the way, since you brought it up and it's in writing, why isn't GbG grouped by size then? What chance does a 3 man guild have being put into a competition with guilds with 50+ players? Just asking lol
  13. GE lvl 5 gameplay balancing

Yes, I hear you, and yes, you're right, but I feel level 5 has unbalanced the current system to the point I think new players will give up. Could GE be grouped by size and level, Levels 0-20. and levels 21+? I'm just thinking out loud here as I believe new players are giving up on GE and that...
  14. GE lvl 5 gameplay balancing

On reflection, I think Inno would make better gameplay decisions if they had yearly sales targets to hit rather than weekly sales targets or monthly.
  15. GE lvl 5 gameplay balancing

I hear you guys, and you're all correct, however, I'm thinking about new players, not lazy players or players who refuse to change, new players. If new players join the game, try GE and give up on it because it's impossible to win cups, GE will eventually die out of the game just as the old...