• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Recent content by xivarmy

1. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.11

Yes, Rio Roxo needs to be scouted but not conquered to start up TE story in the middle.
  2. Archaeology 2022 Feedback

It's more accommodating for chasing specials and the calendar at the same time. On a day when you want the special you can cover 3 different day's gems: - 1 before midnight - 1 after midnight - 1 found but not yet collected for the next day
  3. Goods drop ratio in SAJM

The initial goods demands are skewed; topographical in particular are in huge demand in the first half of the tree - if you've been researching you're likely to drain topo much faster at the start. By the end of the tree it balances out - but that mostly comes down to huge numbers in the last...
  4. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.11

It is a little brutal - but fighting through it with the MG team does work if you can replace the rogues. The first TE troop you'll get is the Combat Drones from Bajatai - which does help some :) Once you get to the stealth tank in Falsa Cruz (almost done TE by this point), the fighting is a...
  5. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.11

TE story will be able to resume after you scout but before you conquer Rio Roxo (~3 provinces in in direct path) if you want to get 2 of the stealth tanks (from the Falsa Cruz section). It can't resume immediately in the first TE province as far as I've found - and if you miss Meet Miguel...
  6. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.11

CE story needs to be skipped because it has a block at the end, which is why it doesn't have a tech (because you just don't get the quest). You might not be going any further until CE by the sounds of things (if you get King of the Desert you can't clear it til CE). TE story is 1 tech if you...
  7. [Question] Just started a new world. What should I do?

My new world start these days if trying hard: ~1 week in bronze age; as much as it might be tempting to just get the hell out of it, it still seems to make what follows more painful if you haven't acquired a base of bronze age goods first. Do RQs of some sort - blacksmiths if low effort...
  8. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.11

I'm pretty sure all unit side-quests are triggered by story or tech. I've heard speculation on getting CE helicopters many eras early from Derelict Dictator, but I don't know if anyone's put together a proof of concept for it yet. The only side quests you'll be able to trigger without story...
  9. 10th Anniversary questions and non feedback comments.

You can do both. You will get at least 5 free golden dice over the event. And using the golden die to hit the golden die doesn't consume one - so as long as your last golden die is still there you can keep using the trick. Eventually using up the golden die either on hitting an important...
  10. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.11

Update: "Miranda Meets Her Maker" it resumed at it seems. So too late to get the rest of the troops, but in time to have to pay the additional tech. So perhaps a little tricky to get the combat drones while saving a tech.
  11. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.11

It won't cause an issue - but it'd be more comfortable if you didn't. It's also useful to leave some old sectors uncleared for when story tells you to "negotiate a sector" in higher age story. Which is easier in the "don't trigger the bonus" pathway. But you'll have 1 of the 3 slots available...
  12. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.11

As far as I can tell so far, you can't get TE story after you've taken rio roxo without having gotten story yet. (with the exception of the short arc in Bajatai). Story can't resume at any old quest - there's specific points in CE+ where it'll resume without another prerequisite quest - but...
  13. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.11

Ok... so some more information regarding TE story from a friend's oopsie: They had fully taken Rio Roxo before trying to restart story and it failed to restart at that point. If you miss out on the quest "Meet Miguel Mantos", the 2nd half of the TE story will not spawn (so far at least -...
  14. PvP arena defense Strategies

Well I wouldn't. I generally gravitate towards the "don't care about PvP arena" camp for the most part though. I've found it to be a good source of prizes on Carthage - but ranking doesn't matter much towards that - if you're in the top 1000 you're getting pretty much as much as #4. My older...
  15. PvP arena defense Strategies

You have to surprise your opponent to get wins in arena on defense: - you can't look too tough on the screen or the people you might actually beat simply won't try you. rather it'll be the people with stacked stats that take your first 5 defenses and they're likely to win em all. they might...