• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Dump Babel to stop getting BP's?

DeletedUser26786

I have a level 2 ToB that provides a paltry, broke and unhappy population and 9 goods a day. I could really use the 16 squares for something else, but have heard that once gone I can never build it again. My question is: Will I keep getting ToB blueprints after I sell the building? If not, then that would be a real benefit to dumping it. Can anyone with experience tell me about this?

DeletedUser24552

I've deleted a couple of my GB's, and still have the option to construct them in the future if I so desire.

DeletedUser3679

I have a level 2 ToB that provides a paltry, broke and unhappy population and 9 goods a day. I could really use the 16 squares for something else, but have heard that once gone I can never build it again. My question is: Will I keep getting ToB blueprints after I sell the building? If not, then that would be a real benefit to dumping it. Can anyone with experience tell me about this?

Although it's not very clear, what INNO means is that you can't have two at a time. And yes, you continue to get bps, giving you the option to rebuild (don't know why you would, but it is possible).

DeletedUser10415

I have a level 2 ToB that provides a paltry, broke and unhappy population and 9 goods a day. I could really use the 16 squares for something else

Since you mentioned this, I'll go ahead and mention that goods buildings get progressively large in higher ages, and 4x4 is pretty darn small. Babel is a source of goods that cannot be plundered, and while the population it provides doesn't give you coins, if you level it up it will save you some space you'd otherwise need for housing. I have a level 11 Babel in one of my Colonial Age cities. It provides me with 160 more population than four 2x2 gambrel roof houses would, and 16 unplunderable goods per day. When I get to Modern Era, it will produce 32 unrefined goods per day, which is far better than the 1 day production on a goods building, which is 20.

There's no great building that's great if it isn't leveled up.

DeletedUser8152

There's no great building that's great if it isn't leveled up.
Interesting thought... what GBs would you build even if you were not allowed to level them past 1?
I'd say for sure: traz, LoA, St Marks
Maybe: Babel, Chateau, Observatory, Cape, Arc, maybe some other goods producers...

DeletedUser10415

Interesting thought... what GBs would you build even if you were not allowed to level them past 1?
I'd say for sure: traz, LoA, St Marks
Maybe: Babel, Chateau, Observatory, Cape, Arc, maybe some other goods producers...

Alcatraz is a good GB without any leveling beyond 1, since it produces unattached units. So that's the obvious one. What it's really great for is it's happiness production on top of the unattached units, and that only comes with leveling it up. Both Lighthouse and Babel for goods production. St. Marks, Dresden and RAH as well, for the same reason. Voyager would be more useful, since goods supply would take a massive hit with GBs limited to level 1. And Dynamic Tower too. For GE, Arc, Atomium, and Observatory, which would help with GvG too. I don't think I'd bother with Deal or St. Basil's for GvG or any other reason. Cape would be a waste of space. I could put 4 SoKs in the space a level 1 Cape takes up. Chateau would also be a waste of space, IMO. CdM, Zeus, Aachen, Hagia - all worthless capped at level 1.

DeletedUser1753

Chateau would also be a waste of space, IMO.
I agree with you everywhere except here. When I see you talk about unplunderable goods... CF at level 1 boosts random rewards from recurring quests. When I do 8-10 recurring a day, that would easily be 5 times it will give me goods as a random reward. That's 10 (refined!!) goods it gives me on level 1. Which GB gives you refined goods?

DeletedUser8152

I agree with Queste about the chateau, but it does depend how many quests you do. Also, while I'd certainly rather have 4 SoKs than one level 1 cape, not everyone has 4 SoKs sitting in inventory. Cape is basically the same as a bazaar, which I would have said was generally considered about average. The cape is less flexible, but doesn't require population either.

DeletedUser26786

Thanks for the great replies. Guess I won't dump the Babel after all.