• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FP Contribution Etiquette?

DeletedUser27023

I haven't heard of this either but Is it possible that it's a thing? Let me share my recent experience and perhaps I can get some opinions from more seasoned players.

I recently discovered that I could visit friends and neighbors and check out their GBs. In many cases, the player was contributing all of their own FPs to their own GB thereby leaving all of the FP, medals, and BP positions available. When their GB was close to leveling I would just contribute FPs to take a position and reap the reward. I did also occasionally do this when there were other people contributing as well.

What I noticed is that I began losing some of my higher level friends. Now I did go back to see if the friends I lost were people I had contributed to and I couldn't find a connection but it did get me wondering if by doing this, was I violating any unspoken friend code or something. I know that I don't personally mind when people from outside of my guild contribute but maybe others do? Just want to make sure.

DeletedUser8152

It's rude to actually finish the GB and level it, because often the person wants to wait and double collect, where you put the last FP on just after you collected it for the day. However, it is not rude to donate FPs and leave it one point shy of leveling. Generally that will assure you a reward spot and still let the player level it when they want.

DeletedUser27023

Absolutely agreed. I've never leveled anyone's GB despite it occasionally being done to me.

DeletedUser8152

Then I don't see why anyone would take offense. Maybe the friends thing is unrelated.

DeletedUser26154

get my revenge

The problem with revenge is...
You make eternal enemies.
I laugh it off when someone ganks me on a GB top contribution spot.

I had that happen the other day.
A guy who makes twice as many FPs a day as I do, lost 40 FPs so he can knock me out of the number one contribution spot.
Total, his move cost a LOSS of over 100 FP between us.
If the guy just left the GB alone... we both would have netted more FP rewards and just plain used the FPs better.
There was no logical reason to do that.
And I never saw the guy before in my life.
People don't always use common sense.

One thing you can take to the bank:
The more revenge you seek, the more enemies you find.
And word travels fast.

wolfhoundtoo

;););)
I haven't heard of this either but Is it possible that it's a thing? Let me share my recent experience and perhaps I can get some opinions from more seasoned players.

I recently discovered that I could visit friends and neighbors and check out their GBs. In many cases, the player was contributing all of their own FPs to their own GB thereby leaving all of the FP, medals, and BP positions available. When their GB was close to leveling I would just contribute FPs to take a position and reap the reward. I did also occasionally do this when there were other people contributing as well.

What I noticed is that I began losing some of my higher level friends. Now I did go back to see if the friends I lost were people I had contributed to and I couldn't find a connection but it did get me wondering if by doing this, was I violating any unspoken friend code or something. I know that I don't personally mind when people from outside of my guild contribute but maybe others do? Just want to make sure.

There could be various reasons they've dropped you:

1) you aid regularly?
2) you visit their tavern regularly?
3) it is possible that they want to keep the prizes within their guild or something but generally speaking that's easy to do with simple coordination.
4) Have you upgraded your tavern tablecloth? They may want the chance at a forge point.
5) It is possible that they want the spots for various reasons. If for example they want a new friend to trade with and don't have invites players will sometimes drop friends so they can send out invites.

It can be none of the above also. You could try asking the next one that drops you. As a general rule though people like free FPs. ;)

DeletedUser27023

I had considered other possibilities but I stay on top of Tavern and aiding. In fact, my Tavern is maxed so I'm sure that wasn't it. It could be coincidental BUT the other day I was close to securing a GB level on a fellow guild members LoA when someone from outside of the guild came in and dropped 70 FP on top of my 67, thereby inching me out. I took 30 FP instead of 60. The player from outside the guild lost 10 FP by doing this. One thought did occur though. If someone acquired a 100 FP prize through the GE, maybe it's less of a loss to give up 10 FP in exchange for FP packs.

It still doesn't explain the loss of those two high level friends but I could see how someone might get irritated and drop a friend who is taking over FP positions. Personally, I wouldn't drop someone. It's just to hard to get more high level friends at this stage of the game but sometimes people do things in this game that don't make sense.

Mustapha00

I can't say what you did would bother me in the least, but then I doubt that I am representative of the player base. You just never know what can tick folks off.....

DeletedUser27096

I had considered other possibilities but I stay on top of Tavern and aiding. In fact, my Tavern is maxed so I'm sure that wasn't it. It could be coincidental BUT the other day I was close to securing a GB level on a fellow guild members LoA when someone from outside of the guild came in and dropped 70 FP on top of my 67, thereby inching me out. I took 30 FP instead of 60. The player from outside the guild lost 10 FP by doing this. One thought did occur though. If someone acquired a 100 FP prize through the GE, maybe it's less of a loss to give up 10 FP in exchange for FP packs.

It still doesn't explain the loss of those two high level friends but I could see how someone might get irritated and drop a friend who is taking over FP positions. Personally, I wouldn't drop someone. It's just to hard to get more high level friends at this stage of the game but sometimes people do things in this game that don't make sense.
Have you tried to message them and ask? It could be a very simple reason that has nothing to do with your activities (like maybe they wanted to invite some specific people to their friends list and had to delete some folks to make space, maybe they are looking for certain types of players to have as friends (more fighters, more farmers, etc.) All you can do is politely ask them and hope they respond.

DeletedUser15042

Do you know for sure they lost 10 FPs? They could have an ARC and actually gained FPs. The Arc boosts your rewards.

DeletedUser26154

someone from outside of the guild came in and dropped 70 FP on top of my 67, thereby inching me out.

It happens for no apparent reason other than to take that away from you.
Even if they lose Forge Points to do it.
A 100 or more Forge Points wasted in the process.
Better and more efficient if simply left alone.

download.jpg

It happens so you get used to it.