• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Nutcracker

DeletedUser

doesn't matter, I thought the difference between ages would be greater. thnx anyway.

DeletedUser2382

this building is soooo stupid, heh. Yes, its only 2x1, but really that just makes building around it akward. You basically need to set aside a 2x2 square and fill the other 2 with trees/whatever. Simply building a gallows is actually more effective (also kinda a stupid building). It would have been far better to have as a 1x1 or 2x2 building with comparitive happiness values. Its just simply in the way and doesnt do much. The only reason I haven't torn it down already is just in case they decide to tweak it.
Can anyone comment on this? Do the developers ever do stuff like that, or should I just tear it down now, so I can build something worthwhile in the space?

DeletedUser34

My only comment would be to call you a grinch. If you didn't like it you should have kept it in inventory and spared all of us the ghost of Christmas sour

DeletedUser2145

At least it's a decoration so you can put it anywhere without worrying about it being connected to a road. I don't really love it (I dislike all decorations automatically), but hey, you already got rewards for all quests, nothing wrong in appreciating the extra reward.

Plus, from what the announcement said about these winter quests, there are two buildings - the nutcracker and a "secret building", which we'll probably get if we complete all quests. That one will probably be way better than this decoration. But yes, this rewards you for making it through half of the quests, you can't expect that much from it, especially when the quests so far have been rather easy compared to everything we had to do for the Graveyard. :)

DeletedUser2145

The female population requested a girl-version of the Santa icon we got after finishing 10 quests, so I'm guessing they're fulfilling their wish. :D

DeletedUser34

oh please, that reward was written long before anyone ever saw it

DeletedUser2988

On the surface, yes, but lets hope the next building is worth all the trouble we've put into this.

DeletedUser34

or.....

next holiday they can just ignore because of a bunch of ungrateful players....just a thought.

DeletedUser

The nutcracker is awesome! I am HMA and I received 128 happiness. So the simple breakdown is 64 happiness per square. That's much better than most options. It's over 50% greater than even the gallows at 160 for 2x2 so 40 happiness per square.

Annnnnd you don't have to pay for it. I appreciate the gift!

DeletedUser2589

Nutcracker is +128 Happiness (HMA). Nice!

And the Confectionary is a great Production building! 4x2, and +490 Supplies/1 hour in HMA.

Thanks very much, InnoGames! Fun holiday quests, and great rewards! The portraits are fine intermediate rewards, too.

DeletedUser

Confectionary (Iron Age) = 4x2, 200 supplies/hour. Don't suppose it upgrades itself as my town advances?

DeletedUser2589

If it's like the others, then no, the values are locked in at the time of acquisition.

DeletedUser2145

Nope, there is currently no way to put any buildings in the inventory, regardless if they were already there before you took them out. Hopefully they implement the option to "pack" buildings in you inventory at some point so that we can better remodel our city.