• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Great building leveling

DeletedUser28628

Is there a way to prevent other players from leveling your great buildings. I appreciate all of the contributions from other players and I donate my fair share to others. However I do not want other players to be able to level my GB's. I want to be able to double dip when it is time to level. I also want to be able to keep the same collection schedule I have. Any suggestions besides asking people not to level my GB's because that doesn't work.

Join a guild that prefers to keep fp donations among its members. It's not foolproof but if you have guild members that understand the concept of "double dipping" then most will avoid this for your sake. That doesn't preclude the chance that outside players may level your GBs thereby denying you your double-dip, but overall you will have better luck this way than any other. The truth is you want players donating fp to your GBs (even if you're denied your bonus collection). Another suggestion would be to make a plea in your profile to other players regarding leveling your buildings. Again, there is no guarantee, but if you're in an understanding guild and you make it clear to everyone what you want, your odds are a lot better of getting your precious double-dip. Good luck.

DeletedUser28433

You should be Grateful that people take the time to DONATE FPs to HELP level your GBs and stop Crying about it, just like that man made in the other comment, its a perk. Much love...:0)

DeletedUser26154

Is there a way to prevent other players from leveling your great buildings.

This is my Guild Leader.
I joined his guild when I was in the EMA or HMA, and have been there ever since.

We wish there was PC.
Players have been trying to get something passed in proposals for a long time.

The closest thing to a "Response" was...

1aeedb0e356a85a6f9262bd08586ae84.png

Which only encourages the problem.

Every thread and suggestion on blocking unwanted Forge Point contribution,

download (3).jpg

Goes the way of this bird.
But I just had an idea...

DeletedUser26120

You can always disconnect GBs from the road. Good way to prevent fps being put on them if you're offline.

DeletedUser28433

If someone contributed 20ish+ FPs I might be inclined to agree with you but when it's 1 FP or even 5 FPs from leveling and some character from the hood dashes in at the last moment I can truly do without their "donation." Considering you're new to the game, at least from the date on your forum profile, you may see this issue in a different light as you gain more GBs.
Nope just new to the forums i have 12 Gbs in my CA city including a Traz and Chateau so i am hardly a nOOb Mr condesending answer man. here is my take on the double bubble dip
On the topic of leveling GBs,,,
If someone levels my GB accidentally (or on Purpose) i am grateful for the Donation of extra FPs outside the swaps, the Double dip is a Joke, Bits and Bytes in the darkness of a Server Farm. I personally will not purposely level anyone else's GB, i will send a PM if i accidentally level a GB to offer some form of compensation, but in most cases no one makes a big deal out out it and denies any sort of compensation. At times i have even notified someone that their GB is close to leveling when i have added FPs in the swaps as a courtesy to the owner. I can understand when your city is small or you are in the lower ages it does bite if you needed the goods on a so called doulble bubble dip but move on and enjoy the game, It is a game which should spell FUN ...:0)

sirblu

Be
is it worth making a proposal so that only the owner can level up his own GB? now I know some may not see it as a problem, but I know for fact most people rather level up than let someone else's couple of FP ruin their chance of double dip. that goes specially for those high level GB, I can only imagine what does someone feel when his Arc gets leveled up at level 57!
Be careful what you propose to Inno. If they decide to limit the leveling of GB's to only owners then they could just as easily take away your ability to double dip!!

DeletedUser28433

This is my Guild Leader.
I joined his guild when I was in the EMA or HMA, and have been there ever since.

We wish there was PC.
Players have been trying to get something passed in proposals for a long time.

The closest thing to a "Response" was...

View attachment 3228

Which only encourages the problem.

Every thread and suggestion on blocking unwanted Forge Point contribution,

View attachment 3227

Goes the way of this bird.
But I just had an idea...
For a guild goods GB, if someone other than the owner levels it, where do the goods Go? are they lost, or do they make it to the guilds treasury?
other non related question :: And is the double dip a myth? pressing questions that seem to start a fair share of measurements in my experience and i do not have concrete answers. :0)

DeletedUser

For a guild goods GB, if someone other than the owner levels it, where do the goods Go? are they lost, or do they make it to the guilds treasury?
other non related question :: And is the double dip a myth? pressing questions that seem to start a fair share of measurements in my experience and i do not have concrete answers. :0)
The goods don't go anywhere when the GB is leveled, only when it is collected, which only the owner can do. The opportunity to double dip is lost, however.
is the double dip a myth?
No, the double dip is not a myth. When your GB is both ready to level and ready to collect, you collect first, then put on last FP to level, then it is ready to collect again immediately.

DeletedUser39860

It would be nice if FoE had a feature where you could block other players from adding the final Forge Point needed to level Great Buildings.

Owners like to collect a GB's 24 hour production, then level their own GB, then collect the leveling bonus.

Such a feature is important for GBs which produce stuff - doesn't matter for Zeus, ToR. Most people don't care about OBS or Arc.

It could be an "opt-out," meaning when a person first constructs a GB, the feature is automatically added unless the owner opts-out.

Jern2017

It would be nice if FoE had a feature where you could block other players from adding the final Forge Point needed to level Great Buildings.

Owners like to collect a GB's 24 hour production, then level their own GB, then collect the leveling bonus.

Such a feature is important for GBs which produce stuff - doesn't matter for Zeus, ToR. Most people don't care about OBS or Arc.

It could be an "opt-out," meaning when a person first constructs a GB, the feature is automatically added unless the owner opts-out.

I don't think it would be nice. I'm against limiting players in any such way (sniping, plundering, flipping GBs...).

Here's what I do to ensure a win-win situation: I leave a big gap between the last spot and how much FPs are needed to level the GB. I add them when I am ready to level. If someone wants to flip it, they can only do so at a big loss. If someone heavily overpays to flip my GB, I still benefit from this, because I save the FPs I'd have to pay to level it.

Vger

No.

GB leveling has been weaponized. Some players use it in retaliation for being plundered, especially when they have no chance of beating the plunderers defense.

Which is exactly why it is a (moderately?) effective weapon.

DeletedUser14354

but still! how about high level CdM so that you lose FP?

1. you didn't LOSE anything. You gained a bunch of free FPs

I did like you both said, but this hoodie just keeps on leveling up instead of my warning

Have you considered the possibility that your feeling it necessary to issue someone a "warning" for the crime of GIVING YOU SOMETHING might be the reason they are doing it?

Jern2017

1. you didn't LOSE anything. You gained a bunch of free FPs

Well, if a GB produced 20 FPs on its previous level and 21 FPs on its next level and the person flipped it by placing 10 FP on it, you did lose FPs that you'd get by double dipping.

You'd get 41 FPs, but you only got 21. Even if the person flipping it put 10 FP on, you'd still get more if you flipped it yourself at a time when you could double dip.

BruteForceAttack

Just try and leave enough room so that 5th cannot be taken easily or someone has to add like 20-30 or more fps to flip on a low - mid level gb. if you leave it at 1-2 fp to level many new players accidentally level it looking for bps. If you do pvp then some will just level it cauze you hit them....if your guild does gvg same thing can happen.

DeletedUser14354

Well, if a GB produced 20 FPs on its previous level and 21 FPs on its next level and the person flipped it by placing 10 FP on it, you did lose FPs that you'd get by double dipping.

Again, you didn't "lose" anything, because you were never guaranteed the double dip in the first place. Someone else could have leveled it. You may have forgotten to collect before placing the final FP, etc.

That was my point. Its the notion that you somehow "lost" something that leads to the mentality that leads to someone actually complaining because someone else gave them something (FPs) for free.

A bit of perspective. In your example we are talking about an extra 20 FPs. Over the course of a year, that GB would have generated 7300 FPs at the prior level. It would have generated 7665 at the new level (21/day). 20 FPs represents 0.26% of the annual output of the GB. I guarantee you the person is losing far more over the course of the year from having their collection time slip by a few minutes every so often.

Czari

I did like you both said, but this hoodie just keeps on leveling up instead of my warning, and does it on purpose. he can't get a BP yet he keeps donating 1FP to all of my GB just so he can follow up it's progress even when the hood changes... and when I messages him again, he said he noticed I'm upset and he work more to upset me :/
I have a hoodie that not only levels my Arc but also plunders me daily so during the time he's in my hood I disconnect my Arc - fortunately he's not in the hood that much but leveling my Arc AND plundering me is just annoying.

Czari

You should be Grateful that people take the time to DONATE FPs to HELP level your GBs and stop Crying about it, just like that man made in the other comment, its a perk. Much love...:0)
As one who began using PCs in the grand days of DOS, just have to say I love your profile pic. :D