• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG - Flipping the Script

Sharmon the Impaler

No revenue loss ? You don't get out much do you ? That would be the single biggest player base meltdown in FoE history. Just in case I wasn't clear , no . You want me to add more ? If you insist :) It would be an endless grind with unlockable sectors under constant attack. People would leave in droves. It negates any speed and/or techniques that the guild has developed as a team. It wouldn't matter anymore the sectors would just be taken back right away. The winner every time ? The guild that pays the most diamonds , exactly as it is now. At least it is playable in it's current form.

Last edited:
I backed into this idea in a separate thread and mulled over it for a few days then decided to post it for peer review to see how it floats. I think it addresses some of the problems inherent in the current itineration of the GBG venue.

The idea:
-
Remove the build times on all GBG builds.
Add player option to pay diamonds for opening time locked zones.
-
Please to consider the implications for GBG play and Inno revenue before bringing your sarcasm to the table.
The first part of your idea will never happen because Inno is never going to remove the diamond cost from something that currently costs diamonds.

The second part would probably increase diamond spending in the short term as guilds might engage in bidding wars to keep unlocking zones to retake them from each other, but that would peter out over time as 1) any guild not engaged in the bidding wars would just stop doing GBG altogether knowing they could not earn any VPs even if they take a zone, so they would no longer be spending whatever reasonable amount they are currently spending on buildings and healing troops, etc., and 2) the guilds doing it would eventually realize the futility of it and slow down on the bidding wars.

Lastly, the whole idea just exacerbates the pay-to-win epidemic that is already in progress.

Very emphatic thumbs down on this idea.

WillyTwoShoes

No? You take away diamond rushing and it doesn't take away a revenue source? To say you think it would increase revenue through a different source (though it won't) is one thing. To say taking away rush building won't take away a revenue source is ignorance in full bloom.

If you're going to be a smart *** at least make sure your smart *** comment is coherent.

Again, this is a dopey proposal that will just increase burnout and make GBG even more unbearable.

DOA!
What I said was "it may actually increase via increased player participation". It's not taking away an Inno revenue source its an idea for turning it around so it works in a different way.

WillyTwoShoes

Hard no.

Enabling players to use diamonds to disable the 4hr lock is a recipe for disaster. It would turn GBG into a 24/7 feature. Any player could use their diamonds to unlock a sector any time they desired. This would undermine the guild's leadership and result in leaders needing to keep eyes on the map all the time in order to prevent unwanted incursions.
Because I don't think anything I proposed changes the current dynamics of guild leadership I am setting aside your comment about undermining guild leadership by unwanted incursions sponsored by players. That seems to me no more or less of a problem than it already is for guild leadership and less to do with game mechanics/dynamics and more a leadership challenge.

Your comment about turning GBG into a 24/7 feature is spot on however! That's is part and parcel of what I hope that flipping the script would achieve. A venue where player attrition is the deciding factor and season strategy becomes more dynamic.
:)

WillyTwoShoes

The second part would probably increase diamond spending in the short term as guilds might engage in bidding wars to keep unlocking zones to retake them from each other, but that would peter out over time as 1) any guild not engaged in the bidding wars would just stop doing GBG altogether knowing they could not earn any VPs even if they take a zone, so they would no longer be spending whatever reasonable amount they are currently spending on buildings and healing troops, etc., and 2) the guilds doing it would eventually realize the futility of it and slow down on the bidding wars.
There is that, but I'll argue that participation would increase by giving all guilds a means by which they can assert themselves collectively on their particular schedules.

Looking at GBG as it is currently configured I see exactly what you describe happening each season. Guilds and players checking in see they are locked out, recognize the futility of any GBG effort and drop out.
:)

WillyTwoShoes

No revenue loss ? You don't get out much do you ? That would be the single biggest player base meltdown in FoE history. Just in case I wasn't clear , no . You want me to add more ? If you insist :) It would be an endless grind with unlockable sectors under constant attack. People would leave in droves. It negates any speed and/or techniques that the guild has developed as a team. It wouldn't matter anymore the sectors would just be taken back right away. The winner every time ? The guild that pays the most diamonds , exactly as it is now. At least it is playable in it's current form.
"The guild that pays the most diamonds , exactly as it is now. At least it is playable in it's current form."

Interesting that. Maybe its comfortable in its current form but as for playability the majority of comments I get from fellow guilders is that its a something of a staid click fest that's often not even available to them on their RL schedules. As for players leaving in droves (LOL) anyone looking at before after numbers in GBG participation since its new itineration can see its not terribly big foe attraction. Never mind looking at the championship rankings and having dozens of pages listing guilds with goose eggs.