• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How is grand prize progress determined in History Event?

Blatantlybiased

I have asked this question three times on the Event feedback and discussion thread, once in my guild threads and once in global chat. I have also searched for anything from Inno that will give me the answer and there is nothing. This forum is my last hope. Here goes:

I am "caught up" on the event quest line. My League standing is near Bronze (top 20%) at 693, but my Grand Prize progress is woeful at only 196. At my current pace, I won't get even half way to enough upgrades to get the main event reward building to max level., despite apparently being in or near the top 20% in League points. What is causing this discrepancy? What is giving me League credit but not Grand Prize credit? Why are they even different? In most events, they are identical. What is the difference and what do I need to do to get Grand Prize progress? Nobody, anywhere, not even Inno, seems to have this information or at least be willing to share it. I am playing hard decks and winning about half of them. What do I need to do differently? This is the first event I have ever done in 8 years of playing FoE where I can finish the entire event quest line and be in the top 20% but cannot get the main reward to max level. Will someone please explain what is going on?

Pericles the Lion

I have asked this question three times on the Event feedback and discussion thread, once in my guild threads and once in global chat. I have also searched for anything from Inno that will give me the answer and there is nothing. This forum is my last hope. Here goes:

I am "caught up" on the event quest line. My League standing is near Bronze (top 20%) at 693, but my Grand Prize progress is woeful at only 196. At my current pace, I won't get even half way to enough upgrades to get the main event reward building to max level., despite apparently being in or near the top 20% in League points. What is causing this discrepancy? What is giving me League credit but not Grand Prize credit? Why are they even different? In most events, they are identical. What is the difference and what do I need to do to get Grand Prize progress? Nobody, anywhere, not even Inno, seems to have this information or at least be willing to share it. I am playing hard decks and winning about half of them. What do I need to do differently? This is the first event I have ever done in 8 years of playing FoE where I can finish the entire event quest line and be in the top 20% but cannot get the main reward to max level. Will someone please explain what is going on?
You have asked the same question three times and I have answered it twice. Third time is not a charm.

Short answer this time. Unless you start spending a bunch of diamonds on battle coins the strategy that you are using is going to fail. You will not get beyond 1000 GP progress.

Look at where it says rewards and it should have a medal with a number and that is what determines the Grand prizes credit.

Blatantlybiased

Look at where it says rewards and it should have a medal with a number and that is what determines the Grand prizes credit.
It doesn't say anything about that. It just says this:

"Grand prize points, chests, improved card bonuses.

High risk, high reward! Opting for hard difficulty brings premium rewards of greater value and quantity"

That's it. No numbers next to anything. Unless I'm looking at the wrong "Rewards" section. It implies that the way to get more grand prize points is to select the harder difficulty, but this is apparently not true. What it doesn't say is what specifically gives you grand prize points. If not playing hard decks, then what? Do I need to play the easiest one? The middle one? What do I need to do? Is it more important to defeat the boss or is something else more important?

Below the "rewards" heading, there is another heading "Battle guide". It says:

"When a player defeats the boss, they receive bonus league points. The multiplier is lower for easy difficulty but significantly higher for harder difficulty".

Again, nothing about grand prize points. If anything, this suggests that whether you win a deck or not affects your league points, not grand prize points.

At the bottom right under the current enemy card, there is a caption "Rewards" that has a medal and next to it says: "+1". Hovering the mouse over that, it says "earned GP points". So, that tells me I've earned one glorious grand prize point, but not how I did it or what I have to do to earn more than 1 of the TWO THOUSAND it takes to get the main reward to max level.

I have still seen absolutely nothing from anyone anywhere that tells me how to get more grand prize progress points, except this:

In the grand prize progress bar, if I mouse over the little medal on the left, it says this: "Advance in the Grand Prize progress by defeating enemies in battle and utilizing specific Special Abilities cards". Every deck involves "defeating enemies in battles", and which "specific" Special Abilities cards count? Are they talking about the usual action cards like healing or reducing enemy health or draining health from the enemy to yourself? it should not be this hard just to find out what I have to do to get the normal event reward, much less actually get it. This is ridiculous.

At this point, it's becoming irrelevant because I have pretty much decided I've had enough of FoE.

Last edited:
This was just my observation so if It wasn't the same for you I don't know. My Grand prize scores is in the 300s, while my league score is in the 1300s so there are differences with mine but I'm not entirely sure how the scoring works either, for then there are cards that add 100 league points but not Grand Prize points or 20 Grand prize points and something else but not League points.

Pericles the Lion

It's not that hard to figure out. Here is the pop-up that appears after winning a deck (in this case an "easy" deck).

The "Battle Stats" show that 20 points were earned towards grand prize progress (for medium decks it's 25 and for hard decks 35). The "League Points" shows the calculations used for League progress. Easy decks give a 2X bonus, medium 3X and hard decks 5X.

Overall, winning this deck resulted in 20 GP points and 40 League points progress (along with 5 rewards of some type).

1715243682829.png

UBERhelp1

It's not that hard to figure out. Here is the pop-up that appears after winning a deck (in this case an "easy" deck).

The "Battle Stats" show that 20 points were earned towards grand prize progress (for medium decks it's 25 and for hard decks 35). The "League Points" shows the calculations used for League progress. Easy decks give a 2X bonus, medium 3X and hard decks 5X.

Overall, winning this deck resulted in 20 GP points and 40 League points progress (along with 5 rewards of some type).

View attachment 21559
Actually, more league points! The grand prize progress also contributed, but it's not included in the calculation at the bottom right.

Blatantlybiased

I just won against a hard deck. The battle stats afterward showed that I gained 35 Grand Prize points. I still need 490 more to reach the next main reward building upgrade. That means I would have to defeat 14 more hard decks just to get the next upgrade and about 50 more decks to get enough upgrades to get the max level main reward building. I doubt there are even 50 tickets available in the event altogether, much less the coins to win them at 500 coins per each deck. I only have 10 tickets now, so the max I could do is 10 of ANY level deck. The only thing I could do differently is fight easier decks, but they would produce even less GP progress, so it would take even more of those. It might cost me fewer coins but I would still need tickets for each one (89 for enough easy decks, 71 for enough medium decks). I see no path to the max level main reward. From the responses I've received on this forum in this and other threads, my guild, global chat, and extensive Google searching for anything from Inno on this, it seems no one else knows of one, either. What a ridiculous event. Fitting for what has become a ridiculous game.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

You have been playing hard decks only which is a bad strategy. You will run out of battle coins well short of 2000 GP progress. It's simple arithmetic. If you have completed the rush quests and spent your coin stash it's probably too late to change course without spending diamonds.

Blatantlybiased

This was just my observation so if It wasn't the same for you I don't know. My Grand prize scores is in the 300s, while my league score is in the 1300s so there are differences with mine but I'm not entirely sure how the scoring works either, for then there are cards that add 100 league points but not Grand Prize points or 20 Grand prize points and something else but not League points.
Yes, there seems no way to get enough tickets to fight enough decks to get to 2000 GP points. No one has yet answered how to get to 2000. I think I still have enough coins (3.3k, maybe enough?) but I don't have, and won't have, 80+ tickets to play easy decks or even 50+ to play hard ones, so even 3 million coins wouldn't be enough. No one can tell me how to get more GP points than the woefully insufficient 20-35 per deck. Apparently, there isn't a way.

Emberguard

Yes, there seems no way to get enough tickets to fight enough decks to get to 2000 GP points. No one has yet answered how to get to 2000. I think I still have enough coins (3.3k, maybe enough?) but I don't have, and won't have, 80+ tickets to play easy decks or even 50+ to play hard ones, so even 3 million coins wouldn't be enough. No one can tell me how to get more GP points than the woefully insufficient 20-35 per deck. Apparently, there isn't a way.

Rivals. Do them. The higher your negotiation power (which Rivals will help with) the more likely you get cards to increase the amount of grand prize progress

Also Loot grants extra grand prize progress. Use it on the boss card (same with Grand Bounty which loots x3 times, therefore granting x3 the amount of Grand Prize on the boss)

History cards.jpeg

Last edited:

Blatantlybiased

Rivals. Do them. The higher your negotiation power (which Rivals will help with) the more likely you get cards to increase the amount of grand prize progress

Also Loot grants extra grand prize progress. Use it on the boss card (same with Grand Bounty which loots x3 times, therefore granting x3 the amount of Grand Prize on the boss)
No Rivals quest is available yet, so I have no idea what they will give me. If you already know, great. Please tell me more. What other rewards are forthcoming in the Rivals quest line? The only negotiation power increase that has been available to me was a +4. I got it but it hasn't done anything for me. As for Loot and Grand Bounty, I've only seen Loot and I didn't see anything that said you get extra grand prize points from it, but maybe I overlooked it. Does it grant extra prize points in addition to what you get for killing the boss? I guess I'll buy it next time, but the scale is so dramatically off with only 20-35 points per deck and over 2000 needed with nowhere near enough tickets to play enough decks, the tiny number of GP points available is just a drop in the bucket of what I need. I could save coins, apparently, by playing easier decks, but that would mean I need even more tickets and there already aren't nearly enough available. And at the very least, there should be some indication somewhere of how to gain GP points other than Inno's constant urging to select the harder difficulty decks.

But thank you for at least offering the first actual suggestion of how I might increase my GP points production. You are the only one to do that so far in two days of asking.

Last edited:

Emberguard

I didn't see anything that said you get extra grand prize points from it,

Underneath each opposing card the Grand Prize progress is listed for defeating the card. This is considered part of the "rewards from enemies" the Loot/Grand Bounty card is referring to.

No Rivals quest is available yet, so I have no idea what they will give me. If you already know, great. Please tell me more. What other rewards are forthcoming in the Rivals quest line?

There's always the possibility of changes since it appeared on Beta, but I would expect at least some Tickets and Coins through it as Rival has shown a pattern of providing Event currency

On Beta completing both Rivals (appearing at the start of Guild Expedition) gave players a total of 50% Negotiation Power, including what's obtained in the Grand Prizes

I doubt there are even 50 tickets available in the event altogether,

There's 21 days, tickets regenerate every 10 hrs.

Regenerative tickets
21 days x 24hrs = 504 hrs in the Event / 10 = 50.4 tickets

2,000 Grand Prize progress
17 tickets

Quests
Not sure how many are in there as I haven't gotten far enough to check what the pattern is on the Daily Quests, but there's at least another 8 from the first 34 Quests + whatever the Rival provides

So that's a minimum of 75 known tickets providing you always keep the bar regenerating.

There's likely a bit more between the two Rival Questlines and the remaining Event Questline. If we err on the conservative side and assume 80 tickets, that'd mean aiming for 25 grand prize progress per ticket. If we assume 100 tickets that'd mean needing 20 progress per ticket.

One strategy I've seen suggested is hold off on doing the Quests until the Rival comes round and don't do Hard decks until the Rival asks for it. The idea being you save the tickets for (a) doing Rival Quests and (b) for when you have the higher Negotiation from Rival. It'll also mean once Rival comes round if you need to spend Coins or Tickets to complete it you'll have Quests available to provide resources towards that.

By extension, if you're able to do so I would be saving the Grand Prize tickets for later in the Event to make use of that Negotiation Power.

You do want to do something now to keep the bar regenerating tickets, but sticking to either the easiest or medium deck early on should allow you to get away with minimal expenditure

Blatantlybiased

Thanks for the information. I didn't realize tickets regenerated, but that raises the question of how to save them up. If I try to save them, they won't regenerate. If I spend them doing even easy decks, then I use coins that I might need for the Rival quests. I guess I'll have to make a decision which way is best. In any event, again thanks for being the only one with an actual constructive suggestion instead of just regurgitating what I already knew and posted, that my strategy wasn't going to work.

Emberguard

but that raises the question of how to save them up

You can't save more than a couple of the regenerated ones because you need to keep them generating, but what you can do is not hit collect on the Grand Prize tickets, and hold off completing the Event Questline until Rival comes so the Quest tickets are collected when you have access to the Negotiation Power

Blatantlybiased

You can't save more than a couple of the regenerated ones because you need to keep them generating, but what you can do is not hit collect on the Grand Prize tickets, and hold off completing the Event Questline until Rival comes so the Quest tickets are collected when you have access to the Negotiation Power
OK, that sounds like a good idea.

Emberguard

Once I open one of these new potions , do I need to refrigerate it ?
Well GBG hasn't released the blue mechanics yet, so that's one boost to refrigerate for later

QI inventory potions I'm not sure on. Beta player were reporting them not working and I haven't seen any release notes / changelogs on it. So either it's already fixed and I just haven't noticed, or it's waiting on a fix. It wouldn't hurt to wait until the next update just to give it a bit more time for any bugfixes to make their way to Live

PJS299

While on the topic of strategy, I'd like to get an opinion on mine.

I've been doing mostly medium decks, with some easy decks thrown in too. Don't know what # quest I'm on (I haven't collected 3 tickets from milestone) but it is called "Strategic Abilities." (And I haven't done too many rush quests yet) I'm at 380 grand prize progress, and bronze league with 1664 points.

I plan on trying to finish both rivals, but not sure if I will be able to.

Will I be able to get the main building without spending?

The thing is I've been doing a mix of hard and medium decks mainly and are at 467 in Grand prize progress, in the Bronze League with 1753 points.
Though what are everyone's opinions on what deck is the best to do when it comes to the event.