• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rejected 90 Degree Building Shift to Accommodate Existing City Building Space

Trail Boss

Idea:
Enable players to change the axis of their buildings to fit available space in their city.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else?
Yes

Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
None found.

Reason:
Currently players are forced to built to suit the game designers' ideas with all buildings on a firm, fixed axis. Being able to shift a building 90 degrees would give the player the capability to build their city to suit their needs and not acquire more land than needed or shift a dozen buildings just to shoehorn another in.

Details:
Currently a player is forced to place a building based on the preloaded building footprint, i.e. 2 X 3, 3 X 4, etc. Due to this designer imposed restraint, players are hamstrung in economically and judiciously using the building space available to them.

Visual Aids:
Current: None

Balance:
Do not see any balancing issues.

Abuse Prevention:
I don't see any abuse.

Summary:
Enable players to shift buildings 90 degrees (as applicable) to economically use the construction space available. Note: Square based buildings, i.e. 1 X 1, 2 X 2, 3 X 3, etc., would not have to have this capability.