• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Abusive leaders

Skilled01

In beta we have a leader that is making everyone a leader. He is a founder and he selected a low member to be a founder also, and this member doesn't know that they are a founder. This founder comes back every 29 days to keep his power. He is inactive all the other time with over half the guild being inactive. People join the guild and in a few days leave because if this.
I messaged him to turn off the leaders so we can play the game properly. He stated he wanted everyone to experience everything the game has to offer. I believe this is the wrong way to teach people how to play this game and is unfair to the people that want to play this game properly. I notified FOE, INNO that this is unfair game play and I was told to go join or start another guild.
Now in beta everyone gets paid diamonds every month to report problems with the game and this guy is abusing his positions, the game and others peoples rights. He is just in beta to gain knowledge of new stuff coming out and not in beta for what it is meant to be for.
I'm sure a lot of people would get real mad if this happened in a world that everyone was playing, 80 members, for years and this happened. This is a proble. What do you all think about this?

DeletedUser8152

In beta we have a leader that is making everyone a leader. He is a founder and he selected a low member to be a founder also, and this member doesn't know that they are a founder. This founder comes back every 29 days to keep his power. He is inactive all the other time with over half the guild being inactive. People join the guild and in a few days leave because if this.
I messaged him to turn off the leaders so we can play the game properly. He stated he wanted everyone to experience everything the game has to offer. I believe this is the wrong way to teach people how to play this game and is unfair to the people that want to play this game properly. I notified FOE, INNO that this is unfair game play and I was told to go join or start another guild.
Now in beta everyone gets paid diamonds every month to report problems with the game and this guy is abusing his positions, the game and others peoples rights. He is just in beta to gain knowledge of new stuff coming out and not in beta for what it is meant to be for.
I'm sure a lot of people would get real mad if this happened in a world that everyone was playing, 80 members, for years and this happened. This is a proble. What do you all think about this?

So first, issues with the beta server should be discussed on the beta forum, really.

But IMO, there's nothing in the rules about the right or wrong way to run a guild. If you start the guild then you can run it the way you want. I'd give the same advice you seem to have gotten from support: if you don't like the way this guild is working, why not find another or start your own?

DeletedUser17265

You are fighting a foe who isn't present?
I wish to understand your complaint because I see similarities with my guild. I am a guild founder in Arvahall. In my guild all members are leader status. Also there are many inactive members.
The difference is as founder, I play every day just about. I can't see anything wrong with allowing members to have leader privileges and you have not said anything specific against it. for instance to be specific, what about it would you see as wrong or improper? If you can be specific, maybe you can start a dialogue with your guild founder.
The legitimate gripe you have is that your founder is not present. The reason to join a guild and what can make them great is being in a group that helps each other.
Can you agree that the main thing is not about right and wrong? Rather it's about how effective. (fairness, efficiency, pleasantness, trying) and such. If so, I'm sure you'll be ok.

DeletedUser8428

When I first started playing, I started a couple of cities - in a guild in one world, not in a guild in the other. And here's some of what I've learned. The person who starts the guild? It's their guild. They run it the way they want. If you don't like how that guild operates? Find another guild, don't give yourself an ulcer because of what you think is 'wrong' with the guild - it's obviously doing just fine from the perspective of the guy who is running it. Hey, it's his to run. You want a guild to run the way you think is correct "I believe this is the wrong way to teach people how to play this game is unfair to the people that want to play this game properly" - then you need to start your own guild and set it up with the rules you think are best. And then attract and recruit other players who want to play by your rules.

BTW, playing this game 'properly' is pretty nebulous - there are as many ways to play this game 'properly' as there are players. Good luck with that.

DeletedUser14634

i agree with those that have posted before me if its a guild where you dont like the rules then leave it. Find another or start your own.

But I like to share my personal experiance with simalr situations. When I first started playing foe i was in no rush to join a guild i took a few months to ask questions to people and read profile of guild before deciding to join one I stayed there for over a year. After that time the guild was very good but my real life made it difficult to play as much as i would have liked so i left the guild.

After some time I found myself in a great guild with some really good people, but the founder split with his wife and quite the game. and the other founder was not very active. So I basically took over as founder, trade master, recurtor and basically ran GVG and everything about the guild trying to keep theat guild alive for almost two years was a waste. having more then half the members inactive.

Well I made the decision to leave this guild with all the active members and merge with another guild. This was the right move the new guild had three founder one being inactive dur to RL reason, another being very fair and resonable, and the thrid was very bad as a leader and lacked communication skills nessary for resolving problem. Well there was a perfect storm where our good founder was unable to lgo on for weeks due to issues with her internet.

During this time the bad leader as being the only founder would dictate rules and bark out orders he make threats to people that if you dont like this or that you can leave. Well so after about two weeks of waiting for our other founder to return and the time in her absence he stripped me of all my right. When I merged I asked to be made a leader and run ME gvging. Well this bad founder basically treated everyone as they are his employee's and he is the boss of them what he says goes no questions asked. Well I asked the questions and he did not like this one bit.

So what I did was not hearing from our founder and not wanting to leave behind vaulable guildmates and learning that others in the guild we merged with also wanted to leave with me I started putting into the works a merger with another guild. All those that came from me before mergeing to the guild I am in now would surely leave with me and many of them form the guild i merged with also wanted to leave with me.

well days before we made the move she came back the bad founder stepped down, and the mergeer did not happen. Now I have been named founder, another active members and one who spent years in the guild has been made founder and those problems are in the past.

So some times issues can be worked out and other times the best thing you can do is leave and or merge with another guild that best fits your style of playing. As I have said in the past finding a guild is easy finding a good one that fits your personal needs and style of playing is the hard part.