• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Advancing on the Continent Map in Iron Age

TheLineBlind

I am currently in Iron Age and am concerned about the bonus quests I'll recieve from EMA, LMA and Industrial while I move up on the map.
The EMA bonus quest has already been activated for me, but I haven't completed any of it yet because I noticed that a couple quests from now I will be asked to research a technology, which I can't do without aging up.
So, I guess my main question is, since I cannot complete the EMA bonus quests, will the LMA bonus quest replace/break my Recurring Quests when I get there? Or is Industrial the only one I need to look out for?

Ebeondi Asi

This is a difficult problem. And I have not seen any definitive answers anywhere in over a year I myself have searched for the answer.
I can say my experience mainly in HMA is that if you move ahead of your current Era on the Continental Map, when you reach the end of your curent Era Quests, yo will get the next Era quests, and soon one will nt be able to be completed. Whether that triggers the beginning of new secondary Quests of you can continue the RQs you have , how long you can continue them.. is a mystery.
I lost my RQ in HMA pretty fast, and hit Quests I could not finish any of. I stayed in HMA five months anyway.
Later, like now. I do not finish the main Quests at all once I have the RQ quests. Period. So I do not lose the RQ.
This is entirely hearsay. and no proof of any kind.
As I wrote, I have never found any solid answers about what you ask.

TheLineBlind

I have a few other worlds I hope to do some testing with before I move too far forward on the continent map on my main city.
I just wish I would have seen the EMA bonus quest coming, that took me by surprise.

Emberguard

^ for Industrial Age

So, I guess my main question is, since I cannot complete the EMA bonus quests, will the LMA bonus quest replace/break my Recurring Quests when I get there?
If you have room for side/recurring quests still available and you trigger an additional Bonus questline, then yes. It will very likely replace your recurring quests when you get there.

I haven’t looked into those quests specifically but it’s very likely based on the general behaviour of quests if there a bonus questline there that’ll replace a quest slot with the bonus quests. If you can look them up it’d be worth seeing if there’s any planning that would allow you to complete it without aging up

UBERhelp1

IIRC, you can't trigger the LMA or InA bonus quests until LMA or CA, respectively. So you should be fine.

For example, to trigger the LMA bonus questline you'll have to complete a story quest, but you'll never reach that story quest in IA. As for the InA bonus, just don't take Las Penas if you want to be safe.

MJ Artisan of War

In my original city on Noarsil i advanced the continent map to Contemporary Era while still in Iron Age because i wanted those yummy expansions and didn't know better. I am currently in LMA and have never had a RQ appear...

By the time i started my second city on Zorskog i had read enough forum postings to realize i needed to stop before hitting the SW U.S. or Mexico, enjoying RQ's there in LMA with a lvl 69 CF.