• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Android App for Forge of Empires

DeletedUser8861

Wouldn't that be a great announcement, along with a huge update for IOS and a new age....oh wait the new age is happening (we hope)...if the developers gave us timelines to everything it would build no anticipation....but seriously I do hope for android and IOS updates soon.

DeletedUser13651

I'm not sure if I'm late to the game, but FOE recently posted on their Facebook page that an Android app will be available soon. There was a short video of a dev (Peer) showing off the actual app - which looked great!
I'm so excited!

DeletedUser8861

That is great news, and we look forward to a release date (maybe, someday)...soon

DeletedUser15477

Maybe just a little hint, Like .... New, this Spring.... or Android app due out this summer... those are still relative soon... maybe just a little more decisive and definitive...

DeletedUser

In searching threads on Android Version, I came across a post from last June (2014) saying that it would be coming out SOON!! I don't know what soon means to you, but it is past soon. I think all of us users with Android tablets that are unable to play FOE on them deserve some update on your progress.

When FoE posted on their Facebook page that the iPad app was "coming soon" it took almost exactly one year for it to be released (June 14, 2013 to June 5, 2014). Take that as you will. :)

DeletedUser15680

It seems very unfair that Innogames would discriminate against Android users so blatantly. Its Feb 2015 and the Apple version was released in June 2014. Thats 8 months that people with Apple products have had instantaneous access while those Android users are left in the cold. No explanation either. Originally, I believed that "soon" meant a few weeks....now soon may not even mean a few months but instead years.

DeletedUser15680

My birthday is in June. Maybe it will be a birthday present! Seriously though, a year for an app is like an eternity anywhere else. 8 months and no release date is very shoddy in my humble opinion. Its a huge unfair advantage to those who use Apple products instead of Android. This from a company that always seems concerned about not showing favoritism or giving out unfair advantages.

DeletedUser2145

Threads merged since they're literally the same thing.

"Soon" means it is currently being developed and they're hoping to release it in the near future. It doesn't mean tomorrow or a week after, unfortunately it's impossible to specify a date of any type because things like these are not set in stone. They simply strive to develop and test it as soon as possible. As for the why an apple app was released first, the reasons were provided, but I can't be bothered to look them up now --- they go along the lines of that being easier for them because of their team, and that being more requested from past games.