• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Battles run faster on Apple

DeletedUser3556

I was using my sisters Macbook Pro over the Christmas Holiday to play the game and found that the movement speed of troops in battles was faster than when I use my PC at home has anyone else experienced this or is this just a issue of my computer being older and not a Apple OS vs Windows issue?

DeletedUser8152

Odds are good it's the computers. I haven't noticed any difference between pc and mac.

DeletedUser8861

Have you selected the speed of the battle? When in battle at the lower left hand corner of the screen you should see a button that has a symbol like this ">" it can show ">>" or ">>>", that sets the speed of your troops. If you haven't done so, set it at three and see if it changes your speed in battle.

DeletedUser3556

I had both set to >>>, but the speed at which the computer made its movements from point to point was much faster on the macbook than my pc. I'm running some virus and malware scans to see if there's anything there, then I'll install a fresh copy of Firefox to see if that's faster for me than using Chrome.

DeletedUser8861

It may be the internet provider too....or even the type of router she runs vs. yours...there are so many variables with each set-up that can drastically change performance. My internet (with a nationwide provider) slows down between the hours of 5 pm and 8 pm, enough so you can notice it. And on holidays when most are home it slows...

DeletedUser3556

Just wanted to give a update on my problem. I ended up installing a fresh copy of Mozilla Firefox and on top of that installed the Adblock Plus add-on. While I do believe that the internet provider between where I used the apple and mac probably was the main factor in game speed. For me on my PC I think the Adchoices advertisement ( virus/maleware/??? ) with the light blue triangular letter i, that was all over my Google chrome yahoo.com windows was causing the slowdown. I so far have not seen Adchoices pop up anywhere while using Firefox and to be safe I run Spyhunter4 at least once a week to remove what I don't need lurking on my computer. My speed on PC with firefox and no Adchoices is much improved from when I was using Google Chrome with Adchoices ads.

DeletedUser8861

You may want to consider Ice Dragon too, many of our support team use it and swear by it...it is a firefox product...