• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Best Way to Develop a Diamond Farm?

• Thread starter DeletedUser37082
  • Start date

Pericles the Lion

PVP is more of just a distraction and not much effort to do though. It's easy to get into diamond , it's stopping moving up to Crystal and getting useless SoK frags that I don't want
Fight enough to get to 55,000 in the month, collect the Diamond reward, then don't fight for the rest of the month. If you want to continue to collect the weekly rewards you will need to fight at least one battle each week. You can't get from Diamond to Crystal unless you fight more so just don't do it. Btw, Crystal gives a 1-up kit, 100 Fps, and 100 goods, no SoK frags.

xivarmy

Fight enough to get to 55,000 in the month, collect the Diamond reward, then don't fight for the rest of the month. If you want to continue to collect the weekly rewards you will need to fight at least one battle each week. You can't get from Diamond to Crystal unless you fight more so just don't do it.
10 battles each week is the minimum to count as active and get the weekly reward.

xivarmy

I've been active each week since the Arena went live so you may be right. I can't find anything definitive though.
Guildmate tested it on one of the new worlds when they didn't get the reward for 5 fights one week (I've had that happen to me before as well where on a mine I only did the 5 in bar one day in the week and counted as inactive) :) They tried 10 the next and that was enough. Which doesn't rule out 6-9. But 10 seems likely :)

xivarmy

A twist on the use of GE to earn diamonds, needed resources to accomplish quests/questlines from special events, and also to earn FoYs to either keep or be place-holders for future WWs: stay in IA and do not unlock military tactics. This will enable you to negotiate your way through level 4 of GE and never be plundered. So, you can stuff your city full off residentials and -- goods buildings (later, event items). No GBs required whatsoever although I'd still recommend at least a couple:

OBS - even a low level one will put enough current era goods to open all levels of GE you wish for.
LoA - since you'll probably want to produce some supplies for opening techs once you've decided to era up, it's a good investment.

Any other GB you like in order to have a place to deposit the inevitable FPs you'll earn from WWs, FoYs, GE, Daily Challenges, and Event Quest prizes.

The whole point is that there's really no reason to fight if your end goal is to build a farm. You an always choose the alternate option in a daily challenge or event quest if fighting is requested. (Could be wrong but I believe that if you haven't unlocked that tech, you won't be presented with those types of quests/challenges). If I ever decide to try for another farm, I may just give it a whirl.
Typically the reason fighting is picked for GE diamond mining is speed. It takes a bit less than an hour a week to negotiate GE4. Vs about 10-15 minutes to autobattle it if you're setup for that.

It's definitely much less setup to negotiate it though.