• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Can I use 1.9 thread at level 1?

Ebeondi Asi

The action of adding a Great Building to a 1.9 thread, and spending FPs to add to other player's Geat Buildings are two separate actions.
If you add your Great Building, you need to know the rules about locking positions. etc. And you can add your level 1 if the Guild or group of players will allow it.
The problem you will run into donating Forge Points to others is you will lose a lot of Forge Points !!!
The Arc is what gives you back extra Forge points, and the Arc has to be at level 80 to give back 100% of what you add in a 1.9 Thread.
The one spot usually best for players working on Arc is to add for the 5th position. This gives you needed blue prints, and costs you the least.
And you must acquire 625 extra blueprints. and because of uneven distribution yo will need as many as 800 blueprints to level you Arc to 80
What Sharmon suggest, finding other players working on Arc is to get some of those blueprints. !!
One way to do both is the have Guildmates add 1.9 for P1 P2 (MaybeP3) and you and your Arc leveling group do P3 P4 P5 with each other to get prints.
One bit of good news is getting your Arc to level60 is really the point you can do more. Arc at level 60 is 1,8

Last edited:

xivarmy

Most 1.9s will be fine with you posting your buildings to it at any level if they're properly setup (it's extra profit for arcs over level 80) - if you take any spots yourself you still have to pay 1.9 even though it doesn't break even for you.

Emberguard

Yes if those managing the thread are fine with it. In most cases it's way more efficient to add Forge Points on other peoples Great Buildings @ 1.9 than the alternative anyway.

The main thing is if you're receiving 1.9 on your own Great Buildings you should also be adding to other peoples Great Buildings @ 1.9, to the degree that you are able. I would recommend you level up your Arc as quickly as possible

Karen Isaacsdottir

1.9 threads pay out at 1.9 because everyone is usually required to have a level 80 at least. You may get a benevolent thread but most will insist that you play the thread both ways , posting buildings and contributing to keep everything flowing. Find 5 others with similar arcs and become friends with each other and then everyone contributes at a rate where no one loses and everyone get their Arcs raised and prints as they go along. EG 1 fills 1, 2 ,3,4,5 of the others and they do the same with their collections. This will raise each up a level at a time and at a rate every one is comfortable with.
I finally understand the point, if not the math.

Xenosaur

For what it's worth - I have always managed my guilds where members all give 1.9 or higher, on ANY building, even level 1 of ANY OTHER MEMBER.
When applicants are carefully vetted to become members of our guild, we want them as productive as possible in all facets of personal and team playing. What better way to do so than to launch them vigorously through the GB S2B phase (S2B = Stix-2-Brix) and then continue that with at least 1.9 or higher for the rest of the way.

There is no faster way. 1.9+, and even power lifts if the player is adept enough to save FP for some or all of the sweet spot.

We encourage members without Arcs to latch on to SLOT 5 in the 1.9, to get their Arc prints - but as to lifting them? It's 1.9 or higher no matter what level their building is at, or what building it is.

stymie of Suwannee

A healthy 1.9, guild or independent, is a matter of trust. But it also inherently needs ”fresh blood”, not only to replace the less and inactive, but also the fresh influx and variety of BPs. Any good (and disciplined) 1.9 should be happy to bring a new member up to standards.

Cyrus the Adequate

From my perspective, I don't see any reason why anyone should not be allowed to participate in a 1.9 thread, as long as they are willing to pay into as many spots as they post. If your Arc is below level 80, that means you'll take a loss - BUT, you'll get some guaranteed ROI in FPs along with BPs and medals.

In comparison to rolling the dice on a swap thread, the losses on a 1.9 thread entry are a better deal.

Last edited:

Xenosaur

From my perspective, I don't see any reason why anyone should be allowe to participate in a 1.9 thread, as long as they are willing to pay into as many spots as they post. If your Arc is below level 80, that means you'll take a loss - BUT, you'll get some guaranteed ROI in FPs along with BPs and medals.

In comparison to rolling the dice on a swap thread, the losses on a 1.9 thread entry are a better deal.

I think you mean: "shouldn't be allowed". Agree - if they can pay the 1.9 - why not? When I joined beta - I got a CF first (as I usually do...) and then I paid 1.9 for all my SPOTs without having an ARC to help me (until I got an Arc lifted to help me).

I think we're all saying the same thing. :)

1.9 threads pay out at 1.9 because everyone is usually required to have a level 80 at least. You may get a benevolent thread but most will insist that you play the thread both ways , posting buildings and contributing to keep everything flowing. Find 5 others with similar arcs and become friends with each other and then everyone contributes at a rate where no one loses and everyone get their Arcs raised and prints as they go along. EG 1 fills 1, 2 ,3,4,5 of the others and they do the same with their collections. This will raise each up a level at a time and at a rate every one is comfortable with.
This is the best answer given so far. If you are starting your Arc and are at Level 1, you undoubtedly need a ton of blueprints to get to level 80. While putting your Arc on the 1.9 will probably get it leveled up faster (for each level), it will not get you any blueprints. Working with others in some sort of organized group will accomplish both. There are several workable models of such groups.

Your Guild may or may not have one that is active. If not, you might organize one. Such a group can even be cross-guild if there are not enough suitable players in your guild. The main requirement is several players who all have lower level Arcs, ideally all close in level. At some point, each player should progress out of the group to using the 1.9 on their own.