• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Chrome dumping Java

• Thread starter DeletedUser23123
  • Start date

DeletedUser23123

Will this effect the game any. I have played it with Firefox but, it keep crashing. I don't have good connection out in the boonies. Plus my lap top is a hand me down XP updated to W7. DSL by wireless. I loaded Chrome and it seem to do better other than cpu getting over loaded. With Firefox it won't respond then crash. With Chrome it just make things really slow but, it pick up after a few minutes. I am expecting to buy a new computer next year. So when Chrome dump the Java. Will I'll be able to keep playing with it. Oh Ya. IE crash too.

DeletedUser23123

Ok. I know Chrome started this back in March. The reason I asked is because every once in awhile. Chrome pop up a message that This page no longer support Java or NPAPI. Mainly The Forge of Empires Home Page. It also stated that anything being use to work around it will be lost by September 2015.

DeletedUser8152

It's flash, not java, isn't it?

Anyway FOE has said they are working on a new development environment. I wouldn't be surprised if migrating away from flash was part of that.

DeletedUser23123

Wasn't really sure about being flash or java either. One report says one thing and one would say the other. Ok, Thanks for info.