• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

"Conquer" = "Negotiate"?

murrsumm

Suppose I am told to "CONQUER" a province, and the help message for that quest says "Acquire all sectors with your army." and the progress bar for that quest shows 4 of 5 completed, then can I not negotiate for the 5th sector in the province and still satisfy the quest? Just want to be sure here.

DeletedUser2145

No, conquer means to obtain it through a successful battle. Negotiate means to obtain it through goods payment.

If it say "Acquire all sectors" then you would be able to choose either of those methods. But the hint also tells you to use your army.

murrsumm

So if the situation is that the province has been captured but only 4 of the 5 sectors were by battle, thus the quest dialog is only showing 4 of 5, I would have to abort that quest?

DeletedUser2145

Yep, you cannot meet the quest requirements if you've obtained any of the 5 sectors by negotiating. You'll have to abort it.