• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Crow's Nest lvl5 does not roll the 6FP reward

DeletedUser41065

Hello,
this might not be a bug, but I will report it just to make sure.
I'm on US1 Arvahall.
I have a lvl 5 Crow's nest since the end of the summer event, and when collecting the produce, I've rolled everything else but the 6FP produce even though it is with the highest chance (35%).
Are we sure this is working properly?

P.S. I don't have any issues with my other lvl8 Crow's nest.

Regards

DreadfulCadillac

Hello,
this might not be a bug, but I will report it just to make sure.
I'm on US1 Arvahall.
I have a lvl 5 Crow's nest since the end of the summer event, and when collecting the produce, I've rolled everything else but the 6FP produce even though it is with the highest chance (35%).
Are we sure this is working properly?

P.S. I don't have any issues with my other lvl8 Crow's nest.

Regards
Hmm. maytbe this is because of a little thing called percentages.it works ... like this:
Somtimes they through you for a loop.
Like if a building has a 99%chance at 1 mill diamonds, , and the 1%hance is for 1 mill coins.
The is a small chance that you could get coins every day for the next 10 years! chances are chances, not garruntees bud sry!

DeletedUser41065

The other 2 Crows nests roll the highest rolls most of the time, for this lvl 5 crow's nest to haven't rolled it a single time yet is a bit suspicious, I'll keep an eye on it untill i roll the 35% roll.

P.S. I have rolled the 5% diamond roll more times on my Crow's nest lvl 8 then I have rolled the 35% roll on the lvl 5 Crow's nest (haven't rolled it yet).

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is not a bug, but just a function of the RNG (random number generator). I will move this to Forge Hall for any further comments/discussion.

Kranyar the Mysterious

While I agree with most people saying it's the RNG percentages, etc. etc., this is one case where I've been wondering about a bug as well.

I have two level 8 Crows Nests that haven't given out the fp reward even once. However I have gotten diamonds from them several times each, and goods almost every other time. One of these Crows Nests was fully leveled about 4 to 5 days prior to the end of the event.

My third level 8 Crows Nest seems to be paying out right down the percentages.

I hadn't mentioned it yet because of, well, percentages, and RNG and all that. But it's been long enough now since the end of the event that even with the longest odds they should have paid out fp at least once.

DeletedUser

While I agree with most people saying it's the RNG percentages, etc. etc., this is one case where I've been wondering about a bug as well.

I have two level 8 Crows Nests that haven't given out the fp reward even once. However I have gotten diamonds from them several times each, and goods almost every other time. One of these Crows Nests was fully leveled about 4 to 5 days prior to the end of the event.

My third level 8 Crows Nest seems to be paying out right down the percentages.

I hadn't mentioned it yet because of, well, percentages, and RNG and all that. But it's been long enough now since the end of the event that even with the longest odds they should have paid out fp at least once.
The event ended on the 21st, so that's 8 days ago. Talk about a small sample size. It hasn't been long enough for any kind of accurate conclusion to be drawn.

DeletedUser41065

Its weird to not roll the biggest % rolls while getting the lowest, my crow that seems to have this issue was also build a few days before the end of the event.

Agent327

Its weird to not roll the biggest % rolls while getting the lowest, my crow that seems to have this issue was also build a few days before the end of the event.

Weird. That is the best statistical conclusion so far. I have not had diamonds from my Nest yet. You arer 100% right. It is bugged!!!

DeletedUser

I must say that this is kind of a switch. People usually complain about the lower percentage items not showing up. Now they're complaining because they're showing up too much? Proof positive that no matter what is done or what happens, somebody won't like it. :rolleyes:

Kranyar the Mysterious

Oh, I'm not complaining. I was just explaining what I had noticed. 40% chance and almost 15 tries (just collected, goods again on both). The probability of that happening in one Crows Nest is 0.05% (in the realm of possibility). To have that happen in two Crow's Nests is 0.00002%. That is getting into pretty scarce territiory.

DeletedUser37581

Pseudo Random Number Generators (pRNG), which basically all games use, come in a variety of flavors. Some flavors are better than others at generating random numbers. There are a whole suite of tests that have been defined for testing pRNGs. No pRNG will pass all of the tests. Some pRNGs will pass only a few of the tests.

The pRNG that Inno uses is not a particularly good one. The one test that it does pass is that of equal distribution over a large sample. How large is a "large" sample? 10s of thousands to 100s of thousands at a minimum. No pRNG would consistently pass the equal distribution test over a small sample of 100 or 1000.

I am currently approaching 100k samples for recurring quest rewards. When I find the time, I will use that to see which tests Inno's pRNG fails.

DeletedUser41065

I got the roll last night, seems to be working fine, sorry for the hassle.

Regards