• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Defense bonus while attacking

IngeJones

Is there a building or a bonus I can buy which will increase my defense level while attacking? I can buy extra attack strength from my tavern, but the only thing I have which increases my defense white attacking is my Zeus and Aarchen. All the defense boosts I have seen only seem to apply to defense of my own city. I need to defend my units that are out on foreign battlefields :)

DeletedUser3679

Is there a building or a bonus I can buy which will increase my defense level while attacking? I can buy extra attack strength from my tavern, but the only thing I have which increases my defense white attacking is my Zeus and Aarchen. All the defense boosts I have seen only seem to apply to defense of my own city. I need to defend my units that are out on foreign battlefields :)
Castel del Monte also increases both attack and defense of attacking troops.

DeletedUser25273

Only Great Buildings will provide defense for your attacking troops or offense for your city defense troops.

DeletedUser26965

Hera ya go, I think I got it up to date. Only Great Buildings provide Attack Defense and Defense Offense Value modifiers as illustrated below. I assume OF3&4 will contain more military buildings with an Attack Offense Value Modifier and next events will as well. One day I'm guessing we'll get another GB that gives the Defense another Offensive Value Modifier to round it out but just guessing.
AD AO - Copy.JPG

DeletedUser25273

My guess is that they WON"T add a defensive GB unless they add an offensive one too, as the game seems too be designed with the advantage to the attacker. A possible alternative would be if the GB required Promethium too build (since it is untradeable) to limit it to the very top ages players.

DeletedUser26965

My guess is that they WON"T add a defensive GB unless they add an offensive one too, as the game seems too be designed with the advantage to the attacker. A possible alternative would be if the GB required Promethium too build (since it is untradeable) to limit it to the very top ages players.
yeah, same reason why they wont make the city AI smarter against rogues I guess, might harm diamond purchases, what would the diamond players do if they couldn't faceroll over the entire hood?

wolfhoundtoo

Actually I think that they give the advantage to the attacker so that if you want to avoid being plundered you'll spend more time online. As a general rule I think the more time you spend on a game the more likely you are to spend money on it.