• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Did I Mess Up Big Time? CA Questline

Lord Kalenbor

Hi kids! I'm in the LMA and was considering moving up to the CA. My story quest is stuck at "Varseille's Beauty" waiting on being able to build 2 decorations from the CA, just to give a reference to where I'm at. Now the issue... I'm rather adventurous and had proceeded through the Campaign Map to where I'm about 1/2 way through the Postmodern Era Campaign Map while in the LMA. Pretty much hit a wall there due to terrain. So did I hose myself out of higher age troops in when I go into CA (Industrial and Progressive Era Troops) by being that far ahead on the Campaign Map? And there's something about reoccurring quest lines? I figured if I messed up someone else probably has and can give me the scoop on the situation. Thanks!

Tytan the Great

As someone that just recently finished this part of the map, here is my 2 cents:
1. Don’t remember about recurring quest so can’t comment.
2. if you have done the Indy map, there is a chance that you triggered the bonus provinces, and that will take over one of your Recurring slot until you get to Indy to get it back. I believe its the upper left province. Normally, you have 2 recurring slot starting in LMA, but the Indy bonus quest will take over 1 if you scout the province and trigger it.
3. About troops, if you fight all the way, the number of troops you get will be less, and more toward the end of the quest line. More specifically, while in Colonial, you will get 2 Jaegers and 1 rifleman from Industrial. If you negotiate some provinces, you can get more earlier, but the 2 Jaegers are good enough. Similarly, in Progressive, if you negotiate certain early provinces, you can get some troops early, but if you fight all the way, then you can only get 2 conscripts, and 1 armored car toward the end. That’s all for Colonial. When you get to Industrial, you can push all the way and get Modern and Postmodern troops. For Modern, it doesnt really matter if you fight or not, you will get a variety and more than enough. They aren’t that good, so I didn’t really care. For Postmodern, most people aim for the MG team. You will have to negotiate Che’s provinces, which are the first few. So if you already passed that by fighting, you won’t get them. You will get some commando, and a champion toward the end though, which aren’t that bad. But MG team is what you should aim for if it’s not too late.

There is a recent guide in the guide section talking About advanced troops. Check it out, and see if It’s not too late.

Lord Kalenbor

Okay. Industrial Map is long gone. Progressive Era map is long gone. Modern Era map is long gone. So basically if I move up to the Colonial Age I've lost out on a ton of higher age troops?

Tytan the Great

Okay. Industrial Map is long gone. Progressive Era map is long gone. Modern Era map is long gone. So basically if I move up to the Colonial Age I've lost out on a ton of higher age troops?
You can still get some, just not as many and early. How far are you in Post Modern?

Tytan the Great

Really appreciate your help. I've talked to a lot of people and your the only one that seems to have a clue :)
i think you might still have a chance for some MG teams if you haven’t fight any sectors of the province with the tower. I can’t tell. Only negotiate that one, and the one above it. The only one I’m not sure is the one with the cotton ball on the left. If I were you, I would stop on the map, until you are ready to go to Indy. Since you are only in LMA, you still have a while to go. You can still get Colonial troops while in LMA. Just Keep doing the quest until it catches up to your map, and see where it lead you. Remember to only research a tech when the quest asks for.

-Sebastian-

Overall, I wouldn't worry too much about advanced troops. We can jump through all sorts of hoops and make the game difficult for ourselves to play, just to get a handful of units, which we can't use without worrying about whether they get killed, and which instantly become worthless when we age up enough. Getting FE hover tanks in CE may be the only time that I'd advise everyone to make the effort, and the key there is to NEVER FIGHT AGAINST JOY DANBA. (We can never say that too often or too loudly.) ;-)

My general advice is to only advance on the Campaign Map when the story quest tells us to (in other words, keep your map progress synced to your story quest progress). I think there are some exceptions, but that's a good way to keep from missing out on stuff. The Wiki That Shall Not Be Named indicates that there are some quests in the LMA bonus quest line that get skipped if we take certain provinces ahead of time, and some of those skipped quests give CA units. I suspect this happens elsewhere too. (Apparently there's a version of this where you can skip the entire CE and TE story quest line, and get FE hover tanks while still in PME. But I didn't get that to work for me. Yet.)

As for PME, what I did there is to negotiate with Che, and avoid taking all his provinces. There are two "prongs" on the map, and if you advance up one, while leaving Che at the start of the other, he'll occasionally give you quests that let you get a bunch of PME units. From what I hear, if you fight him, you'll instead get quests that make you delete troops, and if you take him completely off the map, you'll get nothing. But that could be wrong.