• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Do I have enough happiness?

DeletedUser27023

I’m in PME now with the following happiness stats:

Provided happiness: 53447
Demand for happiness: 29997
Additional happiness: 11451

So, I will say up front that my only happiness GB is my Traz. I had a HS at level 6 and deleted it a couple of ages back. In hindsight, I would have kept it. I didn’t know that it becomes so much more efficient later. My current happiness is made up of about ten 1x1 items like the Mask Statue and Tiki Totem. Then I have my graveyard that I upgraded to the Necropolis this season. Aside from that, I have some event buildings like Maharages and the Elephant Fountain. So here is my dilemma. Sometimes my city isn’t making the extra 20% because I depend on that Necropolis being polished in order to meet my happiness needs. That wouldn’t be a big deal but the graveyard isn’t a priority building so it is polished only after all of my SoKs, etc. it’s always done in time for collections but I do miss out on a few residential collections while the graveyard is waiting. The question is whether I should go ahead and invest in the Dresden or can I get by using event buildings for the next few eras? The graveyard is awesome and I think it beats most anything in terms of efficiency per square but I still don’t think it may be enough to carry the next few eras. The other minor nuisance is that every one of those 1x1s gets polished every day. Not so much a waste because I always have my city completely polished by collection time but as I said, more of a nuisance. All opinions appreciated.

DeletedUser

I would go with the Dresden for 2 reasons. It's relatively small and easy to level for a Happiness GB. And it provides unrefined goods at your stage of the game.

DeletedUser26965

Enough happiness for what? If having enthusiasm is important to you then the game gives you a nice easy indication with the smiley's and even tells you exactly how much more happiness you need for enthusiasm. If having enthusiasm is not important to you then of course you have a much wider margin to work with just to maintain happiness. And if happiness doesn't matter at all to you, and to me now it often doesn't, then you won't care.

According to data the TFR, I call it, Traz is #1, HS #3, FoD #5, the highest EFR GB is Gaea Statue (see more at link)
Link: Great Buildings - Categories and Ratings

Just on general advice when happiness was important to me I always had the most up to date roads and mopo everyone everyday. I had Traz and FoD but didn't get either for happiness and never got any other happiness GB. And of course built housing to as much as I could without it negatively affecting happiness, also never had the pop GB's either so I did it all with normal residential buildings and all with non premium buildings.