• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Do premium expansions get more expensive as you level up?

FunnyWanderer

I was just reviewing the beginner guide to check some things out and came across this quote:
The third type is premium expansions (two per age), which can be purchased with diamonds only. They start at 200 each in Bronze Age, reaching over 1,000 diamonds each in the later ages.

Does this mean that if I have not used diamonds to build these expansions at lower ages, then the same expansions will cost me more later? For instance, I am at LMA now and have 8 premium expansions available and it costs 400 diamonds for one. If I level up to CA, will that same expansion now cost more? If so, then I should buy these as soon as I have enough diamonds, right?

Thanks!

DeletedUser10720

I was just reviewing the beginner guide to check some things out and came across this quote:
The third type is premium expansions (two per age), which can be purchased with diamonds only. They start at 200 each in Bronze Age, reaching over 1,000 diamonds each in the later ages.

Does this mean that if I have not used diamonds to build these expansions at lower ages, then the same expansions will cost me more later? For instance, I am at LMA now and have 8 premium expansions available and it costs 400 diamonds for one. If I level up to CA, will that same expansion now cost more? If so, then I should buy these as soon as I have enough diamonds, right?

Thanks!

The costs of them are all fixed. If your next expansion is 400 it will stay that until you buy that expansion. Regardless of how many ages up you go.
However, as you move up, you will unlock more expansions and when you get to those they will get more expensive, the highest cost currently being 1500 per in VF

DeletedUser31592

No, the BA expansions will always be 200 diamonds each, even if you wait until you are in Virtual Future to buy them. The Iron Age will always be 400. Then there is a stretch where they are 600 for several ages in a row, then 800 for several more.

Here is a chart:
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Expansion