• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Do the quests ever become worth it?

jsc29

I am at the point in the game where the quests are starting to become pretty meaningless. I make about 300 FP per day and maybe 200 goods per day or more, so doing a quest that gives me 10 silk or whatever, is not really useful. Also a lot of quests give coins or supplies which are completely worthless to me. I have like 6 million supplies or something like that. Even the military unit quests are not really that useful for me.

This is a problem because I am using up space in my city to do these stupid story quests. I can't abandon a story quest. Like I just built a tobacco plantation, which is a relatively large building just to do a quest that is worthless because it returns coins.

The only quests I do willingly are the dailies because I have a shot at forge points, but even these are getting less meaningful because the stuff available for sale in the antiquary shop is nearly all useless to me and the goods/fp packages take so many trade coins to buy that it is not worth doing quests to get stuff to shard.

So, my question is: are the quests just more of the same, or do they start to get better? If they do not, I am thinking of just deleting all my production buildings and replacing them with buildings that produce goods or FP.

Diecast603

I have finished space age asteroids and do not do the daily quest. As you have noticed they are useless. The antiques dealer does come up with some good stuff (at least for me) so I sell everything I can to have enough for trade. I prefer to concentrate on GE and GB.

Nicholas002

I am at the point in the game where the quests are starting to become pretty meaningless. I make about 300 FP per day and maybe 200 goods per day or more, so doing a quest that gives me 10 silk or whatever, is not really useful. Also a lot of quests give coins or supplies which are completely worthless to me. I have like 6 million supplies or something like that. Even the military unit quests are not really that useful for me.

This is a problem because I am using up space in my city to do these stupid story quests. I can't abandon a story quest. Like I just built a tobacco plantation, which is a relatively large building just to do a quest that is worthless because it returns coins.

The only quests I do willingly are the dailies because I have a shot at forge points, but even these are getting less meaningful because the stuff available for sale in the antiquary shop is nearly all useless to me and the goods/fp packages take so many trade coins to buy that it is not worth doing quests to get stuff to shard.
You can ignore the story, except eventually it will give you diamonds, which is worth it no matter how many tobacco plants you have to build and tear down.
If you play the story and map right, it will also give you ahead of era troops.
So, my question is: are the quests just more of the same, or do they start to get better? If they do not, I am thinking of just deleting all my production buildings and replacing them with buildings that produce goods or FP.
pretty sure they stay the same.

If you have FP producing buildings or attack buildings in you inventory, you should have already got rid of your supply buildings to make room for them.
Replacing quest buildings with goods buildings (and the population and happiness needed to support them) is not the most efficient option, but it will be easier, and less tedious.

In the end it depends on what you priotitize: min-maxing, or making the game as enjoyable as possible while still functioning. I prefer a mix of both, leaning toward min-maxing.

Another thing is that the moment your arc hits 80, production quests become unnecessary, since you can do endless "spend x FPs" quests on a fast 1.9 thread.
I just keep some alchemists around to balance supplies more so I can do a UBQ every time it comes around in the FP cycle. but whenever I win a new FP or attack building, another alchemist or two bite the dust.

Basically, quests are just there to give you extra stuff if you choose to fulfill them. You can also completely ignore them, the choice is yours.

ODragon

I do the quests for advanced age troops, extra fp and diamonds. I abort coins and supplies, goods just depends on if it's easy.

DevaCat

Stupid story quests? If you're not interested in aging up, you can just ignore them, right?

Dailies getting less meaningful? Don't have to do them, right?

Supplies meaningless because you have like 6 million, right?

Worthless, stupid, meaningless, not worth doing ... This is a whine post, not any ask for advice. If you wanted advice you'd tell what you are doing and ask others about what else you could be doing. If you're that unhappy, my advice is to skip deleting the production buildings and get right down to it and delete the game. Or not. Up to you how you engage the game and play it.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I am thinking of just deleting all my production buildings and replacing them with buildings that produce goods
So basically from one space wasting worthless production to another worthless space wasting production? You are doing the wrong quests. Go for the FP event buildings and use the fp to level your Arc, Chateau and HC, and combat buildings.

I have like 6 million supplies or something like that.
A tiny trifle compared to what you'll need when you age up a bit. In a couple of eras you will really start to notice the difference. Even for Colonial that seems a pretty low number. Whether or not you will care will likely depend on your play style and tactics. Heck, just building a Himeji Castle and leveling it up to 58 will get you over 2 million supplies every day (not to mention all the good rewards too).

Emberguard

Yes and no. Quests can either be quite valuable or not so much depending on how you choose to approach the game. It's a two edged sword. If you stop doing the quests all together then you'll have to do the quests for every age you've triggered the conditions for but haven't done yet. By the time you reach near the end of the game some of the quests give thousands of diamonds when boosted by a Chateau.