• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Do two-lane and one-lane roads chain?

DeletedUser26579

Do two-lane and one-lane roads chain? That is, can you build two-lane roads out some distance and continue the connection via one-lane roads, but the one-lane roads only connect to your town hall via 2-lane roads? Or, do they need to be completely separate networks that both connect to your town hall?

jlshetler

1-lane roads can branch off a 2-lane road that is connected to the Town Hall, but a 2-land road cannot branch off a 1-lane road so connected.

DeletedUser26579

1-lane roads can branch off a 2-lane road that is connected to the Town Hall, but a 2-land road cannot branch off a 1-lane road so connected.

Thank you. That tells me precisely what I wanted to know. (It's not relevant for me yet, but I'm doing a reorg now and wanted to plan a bit ahead.)

jlshetler

Absolutely--good to plan ahead. I'm one of those folks who also enjoys the occasional city reorg, either when advancing in ages or repurposing resource production (military, goods, etc.). I just reorganized my AF city to produce FE goods, of which there is a trade shortage in my world.