• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Do we need diamonds to unlock the Shrine in the Viking Cultural Settlement?

Nemain the Untidy

I was unable to unlock the Shrine in the Viking CS.
Without using diamonds. I meet all the requirement but the unlock bar remained grey. I saw at least on other post from early May 2020 about this but can’t find it again. I’m going to contact support anyway, but I wonder if anyone else was seeing this and it if it’s a “feature not a bug”.

ExtraMile

I was unable to unlock the Shrine in the Viking CS.
Without using diamonds. I meet all the requirement but the unlock bar remained grey. I saw at least on other post from early May 2020 about this but can’t find it again. I’m going to contact support anyway, but I wonder if anyone else was seeing this and it if it’s a “feature not a bug”.
Not only can you unlock shrines, but you can complete the entire settlement (within the time limit) without spending a single diamond. This goes for all three settlements (Vikings, Japan, Egypt)

Here’s a great guide to help you out if you want some more info on how to do it:

Nemain the Untidy

Not only can you unlock shrines, but you can complete the entire settlement (within the time limit) without spending a single diamond. This goes for all three settlements (Vikings, Japan, Egypt)

Here’s a great guide to help you out if you want some more info on how to do it:

I think I may have over look the diplomacy bar at the bottom of the screen. I thought I had enough points but in hind-sight that may have been the only thing I didnt have enough off to unlock the advancement without diamonds. I’ll have to keep an eye on that for my next advancement. That said, that guide is great! I looked at it earlier while trying to figure this out. Very comprehnsive.