• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Easiest Age to Camp in For GE?

• Thread starter DeletedUser32824
  • Start date

DeletedUser32824

For my alt-world diamond farm that I hope to be as hands off as possible:

In which age do you think it is easiest to negotiate GE? I'm finding that it could be problematic for me to consistently get BA goods while in Iron Age. I'm able to produce 240 Iron per day with using only on production building (tailor) and retaining my 9 WWs. I'm thinking that if I move to EMA I will have more room but will require a higher population and production to maintain a similar amount of daily goods, not to mention my trader ship would still be making 20 IA goods.

Any feedback on which age is best is appreciated. And I would like to do it with out recurring quests.

Did some number crunching:
12 goods buildings in EMA would cost 340*12=4080 and would require 37 clapboard houses to support just the goods buildings.
12 goods buildings in HMA would cost 460*12=5520 and would require 36 town houses to support just the goods buildings.

EMA costs 1600 coin/supply for 24hr= 19200 income of both required daily
HMA costs 3200 coin/supply for 24hr= 38400 income of both required daily

EMA supply income would require 10 shoemakers at 100% happiness and motivated, requiring 7 more houses for a total of 44
HMA supply income would require 6 farms at 100% happiness and motivated, requiring 11 more houses for a total of 45 (120 tiles plus houses)
HMA supply income would require 19 alchemists at 100% happiness and motivated, requiring 5 more houses for a total of 41 (114 tiles)
(motivation would be a concern with so many alchemists)

EMA coin income with 44 houses*240*2(8 hour collections)=21,120 (meets requirement)
HMA cion income with 45 houses*340*2(8 hour collections)=30,600 (doesn't meet requirement)

EMA seems easier from a numbers perspective and one could score and use almost all 3x3 buildings for supply and goods. However, if you are lucky enough to score a ropery as your bonus you would save a considerable amount of space in an HMA city.

My goal would be to do this without any happiness buildings (as these can take up a ton of room and aren't really required to maintain a GE city). I have an LOA and with that am at +35% supply producton. However, my coin production is at -50%, so I'd need to figure out how to balance back out or whether happiness buildings, a hagia, or a st. marks would be the most space efficient way to maintain.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31540

Hands-off eh? Coulda fooled me

Just camp whereva the heck u are right now ... do 64/64 everyweek and each week it will get easier than the previous one

DeletedUser26965

What about Tower of Babble for population/goods and Oracle of Delphi for supplies/happiness?

DeletedUser32824

What about Tower of Babble for population/goods and Oracle of Delphi for supplies/happiness?
In Iron Age I have my babel giving me about 500 pop, which is a little more than the houses I could have put in its place. Oracle provides a meager amount of happiness and supplies. I think I need, in IA, like 1200 more happiness and it only provides 700 and can't be motivated.
Hands-off eh? Coulda fooled me
Yeah, the goal is to do more up front work and just do 1 big daily collection each day and not have to fool with recurring quests or anything like that. Right now my IA city is pretty hands off. I am just struggling a bit to pick up BA trades.

A guild member suggested I post my trades as unfair trades, which might help them get picked up by neighbors. If that's all it takes then that will save me a lot of headache!

DeletedUser29726

In Iron Age I have my babel giving me about 500 pop, which is a little more than the houses I could have put in its place. Oracle provides a meager amount of happiness and supplies. I think I need, in IA, like 1200 more happiness and it only provides 700 and can't be motivated.

Yeah, the goal is to do more up front work and just do 1 big daily collection each day and not have to fool with recurring quests or anything like that. Right now my IA city is pretty hands off. I am just struggling a bit to pick up BA trades.

A guild member suggested I post my trades as unfair trades, which might help them get picked up by neighbors. If that's all it takes then that will save me a lot of headache!

It does help some. On my IA world I often post 1 iron age for 1 bronze age because i have so much IA. They usually move. It still takes time. It's perhaps more important still that your trades be sized right for the type of player likely to take it - i.e. new to the game and just playing it. They're not going to have 200 goods, but they probably also don't just want to trade for 10 and pay a FP.

Another thing you could do is find a goods seller and ask them to do you the favor of posting some bronze age:iron age trades and you take them or join their guild so they can take yours without spending a FP - I personally on my main world have thousands of each bronze age good from those deals - which would keep an iron age camper in goods for a very long time.

DeletedUser26965

240 Iron per day
if you are lucky enough to score a ropery as your bonus you would save a considerable amount of space in an HMA city.
This may be problematic issue by looking at goods from the smallest building perspective as that's what everyone will do if they can which means those goods have less value than other goods which means more difficult to trade which means more time for you to trade them off.

I guess a couple of general suggestions would be to fill your friends list with players in the Age you're in and the other is to guild hop and go looking for trades.