• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Expansion square costs (diamonds)

DeletedUser

So should there be, like, a warning if you try to buy a second diamond expansion? Or a tooltip ahead of time?
It would make sense to have the tooltip when you point at the diamond expansion. A line that tells what price to expect for future expansions. If they increase by 100 diamonds each time the note could read. "Note that Each expansion purchase will cost 100 diamonds more than the previous."

DeletedUser34

yeah but here is my question, would knowing they go up incrementally really stop me from purchasing the first one? Personally I think rather than have all this pay per use, they should simply have block premium. Split it up into economics/battle/real estate/ etc etc....and under each block for certain amounts of diamonds, you get certain benefits for a certain period of time.

DeletedUser

yeah but here is my question, would knowing they go up incrementally really stop me from purchasing the first one?

Perhaps not, but it might help someone that is about to purchase diamonds decide how many diamonds they want to purchase at once. "Ok what I want to build will need 3 expansions and they'll cost 200, 300, 400 diamonds to buy... I'll need to buy the diamond pack closest to 900."

DeletedUser34

that is a valid point...When I was purchasing Gold in another game regularly, that was the mindset I used when purchasing my package.

DeletedUser

The costs for diamond expansions are listed in my military guide. ...
This helps. I never thought to search on military for real-estate. Thanks Bugsy.... now I know where to search...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Whether or not you think it's obvious is irrelevant. Angelwerks didn't think it was obvious enough, and is requesting that it be made clearer so that others do not make the same mistake. Given that it involves actual money, I think this is justified. I can't speak for anyone else but I'm inclined to plan how I spend money based on how much things cost. If I make a mistake on the cost and don't realize it until it's too late, tough, that money is gone.

It's not unreasonable. It's just a warning, just in case.

The thing is most of you guys have been playing Innogames for a while. With no prior knowledge of how the games worked, I assumed diamonds were bought with "game coins" that would increase in cost. Ignorance is not stupidity as some people may think. Innogames just started advertising this game on TV. When you get people to start playing your games you expect some sort of guide of at least the rudimentary rules as a tab on the home screen. A description of the game with at some explanation would be helpful (Yes, I read the blog). They will probably lose a lot of their advertising "bang" from people who have no idea of the play. This would seem evident from the number of "drops" that are viewed when you first start (new neighborhoods only). So instead of being critical, if you want to help the game, give an answer without the derision. We are not stupid, we just don't know and the fragmented "guides" with all the sarcasm is not good introduction to the game. Mac

DeletedUser

There is a Wiki that is currently being written by developers that will serve as the official game guide.

DeletedUser

That may be true, but it does not help those coming on now. I only stumbled on the guides when I was experimenting pressing the buttons to see what they did. The only instruction came for the "director?" who taught you how to build a hut and a hunter. There is no other direction for beginners unless you happen to know that a "conversation bubble" will lead you "the long way around" to a guide.

DeletedUser

It might sound primitive, but back in May everyone had to learn how the game works without guides, but rather by playing, learning, and making mistakes. It helps build up knowledge of the game better than simply reading guides and playing by them. You test out different things and learn what works and what doesn't, which gives you intuition for many aspects of the game.

DeletedUser

That may be true, but it does not help those coming on now. I only stumbled on the guides when I was experimenting pressing the buttons to see what they did. The only instruction came for the "director?" who taught you how to build a hut and a hunter. There is no other direction for beginners unless you happen to know that a "conversation bubble" will lead you "the long way around" to a guide.

The game is still in its Beta stage, you can't expect everything to be completely finalised and in tip top condition until it's out of that Beta stage.

Also, Daniel's post pretty much sums it all up.

DeletedUser

It might sound primitive, but back in May everyone had to learn how the game works without guides, but rather by playing, learning, and making mistakes. It helps build up knowledge of the game better than simply reading guides and playing by them. You test out different things and learn what works and what doesn't, which gives you intuition for many aspects of the game.

Thnak you Daniel for a civil response. But a lot of you had play other Innogames, so had an idea of where to start. When I first started asking questions, the only one who seemed to want to give a helpful answer was Dom. This really was the first time I saw this type of game advertised on TV. I am not a internet surfer, but, I am an avid gamer for over 40 years. Your "slang" also sometimes takes time to figure out. Mac

DeletedUser34

Don't hold your breath on the wiki's either. I know the grepolis dev wiki sucked. Daniels advise will ultimately apply even after the wiki is written for most things, as there is no single "right" way to play.