• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Halloween Event 2023

Dursland

It's really too bad more didn't put effort into this event. There are players getting 6000+ progress for free, no diamonds spent, through good play.

Some of them will get gold league with no diamonds spent. It's pretty impressive.

ScreamingZiva

I must be spending too many teeth in the card game because it feels like I'm going to come up very short on the main building. I've made sure to do every daily quest for keys and I've made sure I've opened at least my double chest every day. I know there is still over a week left but it just doesn't look good at this point.
As it turns out, I am fairly stupid. I had been spending my gold keys and only my gold keys for some reason:

1699968090129.png

After spending the rest of my keys (clicking all of those was horrible), I am right on track to finish the main building. I guess the good thing is that my daily prize changed to the Tower of Whispering Horror today and I got a ton of those out of this.

Orius Maximus

My final take:

Laboratory of Monstrosities: all normal upgrades and on track for fully upgraded building
Arcane Tarot Card Caravans
Daunting Tower x20 (gag)
Sparkforge Stormspire x16
MonsterWares' Terrors Boutique x6
Tower of Whispering Horrors x7
Halloween Selection kits x28

The game got stupid and swapped out today's daily prize for Daunting Towers so I could spend all my remaining keys on a trashy daily prize. Didn't need more Stormspire when I have enough parts for 16 plus extra pieces besides.

I mostly used Silver and Bronze keys when I went fishing for dailies since I wanted to save the Gold keys for the daily x2 boost. I always made sure there was at least 4 Gold Keys remaining for each day left in the event.

I picked up some of the pieces for the Horror Circus, I didn't play that event but I probably won't keep it in my city, I'll just use the Halloween kits to make sure I have each level 2 piece for collection purposes. The remaining Halloween kits will probably best be spent on more Tarot Card Caravans parts, and maybe Houses of the Wolf, the other buildings are outdated at this point. I'm going to replace my old Asylum with the Laboratory.

The incidental prizes here were trash, coins, supplies, medals, bps, and far too many fps. Disappointed that there were no supply rushes or AD fodder buildings to be had, and the Winter event isn't a great source for them either. I'm probably going to be desperate for rushes by the time Forge Bowl drops. Lots of units I won't notice either, although I started saving up the regular unit packages a few days in. I should be leveling up soon, and I'm saving the unit packages for that rather than grab several dozen current age units I don't need.

Not a bad event overall, good new prizes and event mechanics, but Inno really dialed it in with the lesser prizes and questline and it showed.

Johnny B. Goode

Go to negative happiness and then try to plant a building that also takes away happiness to see what the pop up says , that would be interesting
Unfortunately, I can't go to even zero Happiness in any of my existing cities without deleting buildings that I don't want to delete. However, I did get my Happiness down to 500 total in one city (with a necessary Happiness in the tens of thousands for Enthusiastic) and then built 5 production buildings with -100 Happiness and got no popup messages.

Dursland

Ended up spending more diamonds to stay in gold league on us29. Got the third tarot and a fourth lab. Plus have 20 golden sparks in inventory.

Dilmun is insane if you want gold league haha.

Orius Maximus

This is a pleasant surprise, I finished in Silver League. I was fully expecting to do Bronze, and I thought the late night whale spending would push me down. I did just barely make the cutoff for it.

Screenshot_2023-11-16-07-54-08-551_1.jpeg

So that's a Sinister Laboratory and another Halloween kit. And without spending on the event. Good results I'd say.

PJS299

This is a pleasant surprise, I finished in Silver League. I was fully expecting to do Bronze, and I thought the late night whale spending would push me down. I did just barely make the cutoff for it.

View attachment 20977

So that's a Sinister Laboratory and another Halloween kit. And without spending on the event. Good results I'd say.
Same.

I was expecting to be in Bronze, but actually made it to silver in both the worlds I played the event in. B by about 180 points, and H at less than 100.

Douglas 221

Enjoyed the mini game. Took me a little time to get used to it but by the end of it I am looking forward to it next year. Love the Event building. Sparks are something exciting to add to the city.

lll Liz lll

I liked the rewards, but many of us in our guild hated the card game. I did not know there might be a post like this soooo I want to comment on the Soccer Event...absolutely hated it!!!! Where the heck was soccer in it....oh yeah, I think somewhere was a mention of soccer balls or we collected soccer balls or something! Other than that, the event had absolutely NOTHING to do with soccer!!! I liked the soccer field and players moving forward like a real game.

The Halloween event didn't seem eerie. I like the archeology type game for this event. Walking through darkened pathways, not knowing what is ahead of you. Searching for creepy dolls or teddy bears. The creepy spooky stories that could probably be updated to new ones every couple of years...Yes, I read them, all of them. It definitely gave me a Halloween type feeling. The event this year DID NOT, but still better than the Soccer Event! If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I miss the Pirate Ship Wheel. I guess making it easier to give away prizes was not on Inno's idea of a game.

PJS299

I liked the rewards, but many of us in our guild hated the card game. I did not know there might be a post like this soooo I want to comment on the Soccer Event...absolutely hated it!!!! Where the heck was soccer in it....oh yeah, I think somewhere was a mention of soccer balls or we collected soccer balls or something! Other than that, the event had absolutely NOTHING to do with soccer!!! I liked the soccer field and players moving forward like a real game.

The Halloween event didn't seem eerie. I like the archeology type game for this event. Walking through darkened pathways, not knowing what is ahead of you. Searching for creepy dolls or teddy bears. The creepy spooky stories that could probably be updated to new ones every couple of years...Yes, I read them, all of them. It definitely gave me a Halloween type feeling. The event this year DID NOT, but still better than the Soccer Event! If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I miss the Pirate Ship Wheel. I guess making it easier to give away prizes was not on Inno's idea of a game.

Edward _MMXIII

Remarkably I made bronze league for regular event bldg .

Apparently this is the new norm :
a) ordinary event bldg
b) silver prize line for better stats
3) gold if you need the super-sized bldg

WTG inno / mtg or mgt

JJ597

If I recall the event correctly, if you have a level 8 Lab of Mons, you will get frags for a sliver upgrade and once you do the silver, you get frags of the gold upgrade. It does take time, but what doesn't in this game. There is nothing ordinary about the Level 8 event building, it provides all 4 levels of the attack/defense along with goods and fps, frags and medal, which puts the checkmate square, botanical rotunda, shrine of knowledge, etc on the chopping block.

Dursland

Searching for creepy dolls or teddy bears.
That was good the first year it came out but in Halloween '22 it was nearly impossible to find all of those for free and complete the library or whatever it was called.

I remember first year that came out, I completed the set like 4 or 5 times with a few diamonds. Then played for free last year and could not finish it once. I ended up with 12 copies of one bear but none of two others.

Just throwing that out there.

honey55

That was good the first year it came out but in Halloween '22 it was nearly impossible to find all of those for free and complete the library or whatever it was called.

I remember first year that came out, I completed the set like 4 or 5 times with a few diamonds. Then played for free last year and could not finish it once. I ended up with 12 copies of one bear but none of two others.

The difference for me was the archeology event was addicting. I enjoyed playing it. I cant remember if i got the complete set or not just that i did the mini quests. This event was not addicting to me. I was really glad when it ended. If there wasn't so much luck involved in getting the correct card and being annoyed by getting the same cards over and over and over again that were bad, i would have gone for the gold in my main world. So, so, glad its over. The rewards were great though, maybe too great. Unfortionately, for me, it failed the "fun" test. A game should be fun. Luckily i do find most events fun even when others don't. Not everyone finds the same things fun. It does seem like most players did find the archeology event fun though.

PJS299

The difference for me was the archeology event was addicting. I enjoyed playing it. I cant remember if i got the complete set or not just that i did the mini quests. This event was not addicting to me. I was really glad when it ended. If there wasn't so much luck involved in getting the correct card and being annoyed by getting the same cards over and over and over again that were bad, i would have gone for the gold in my main world. So, so, glad its over. The rewards were great though, maybe too great. Unfortionately, for me, it failed the "fun" test. A game should be fun. Luckily i do find most events fun even when others don't. Not everyone finds the same things fun. It does seem like most players did find the archeology event fun though.
Archaeology was my favorite. I love the mini-game, and the buildings always were nice. The Ferris Wheel was great for its time.

xivarmy

It was a matter of luck in both cases likely. Most times Archaelloween event ran I was able to finish the sub-quest set at least once in most worlds. Twice not uncommon. Zero happened occasionally.

But one of the times (think 2022, but maybe 2021) was absolutely nuts on one world. I finished the full set of toys like 10 times I think without spending a diamond. I'd think I was almost done with the event, but I just kept luckily stumbling across Psycho Pete over and over again - I actually wound up short on Uncommon toys instead! Only on the one world though, the others had the usual average luck of (mostly) finishing the toy set once.

Sharmon the Impaler

It was a matter of luck in both cases likely. Most times Archaelloween event ran I was able to finish the sub-quest set at least once in most worlds. Twice not uncommon. Zero happened occasionally.

But one of the times (think 2022, but maybe 2021) was absolutely nuts on one world. I finished the full set of toys like 10 times I think without spending a diamond. I'd think I was almost done with the event, but I just kept luckily stumbling across Psycho Pete over and over again - I actually wound up short on Uncommon toys instead! Only on the one world though, the others had the usual average luck of (mostly) finishing the toy set once.
The monkey was more rare for most in that event , I got two of them though