• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fire Ballistas

MrBeer

I am just starting to actually attack on my own [ seems like AI ain't so good ] . How to I get the ballistas to fire ? Can I move them , then fire , or , as it's turn comes ? I sure wish there was a practice area for attacking or defense , so I wouldn't be asking these simple questions. I was getting a little punchy .

DeletedUser4844

When the ballista's turn comes, if an enemy troop is within range, you can click on it and it will fire. If not, you can move and then if an enemy troop is within range you can click on it and it will fire. When no enemy troops are within range it can't fire, but a ballista's range is pretty far (just not the entire map).

MrBeer

I have got to be doing something wrong ! I have yet to fire a ballista or archer. I am in range . I move to another tile , then try to fire . Nothing. When his turn comes around , I try to fire [ in range for sure ] without moving. Still nothing. I know it's probably me , but my frustration is so bad , i need to shovel snow to cool myself down . Any help would be massively appreciated.

DeletedUser

When the unit comes up for it's turn you will see green highlighted hexes where the unit can move. hovering over one will show you a surrounding area of red hexes.

The green is movement range the red is firing range.

click a green hex that causes the red circle to emcompass the enemy unit. then click the enemy unit.

MrBeer

What a relief ! I finally figured it out. I appreciate your time and patience. Now , all I have to figure out is how to win. [ LOL ].