• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FP/Goods Trade Ratio

DeletedUser17558

Does anyone have any good rules for FP/Goods trade ratio's. I would just like to get a general consensus on what is typically a fair trade in this circumstance. I have a guildie who specifically wants PE goods, but I have lots of other goods and am not averse to making those trades. What do most of you do when you trade goods for FP and vice versa?

DeletedUser6172

For our guild, I've included the following information in my guild social bar profile.

Like Value Trades - Please use triple digit quantities
when you're just trying to balance your inventory.
x:y Decimal Ages/Eras (First of the five goods)
2:1 2.00 or 0.50 through LMA (Stone through Basalt)
3:2 1.50 or 0.67 LMA to COL (Paper)
4:3 1.33 or 0.75 COL to IND (Rubber)
5:4 1.25 or 0.80 IND to PE (Asbestos)
6:5 1.20 or 0.83 PE to ME (Ferroconcrete)
5:4 1.25 or 0.80 ME to PME (Renewable Resources)
6:5 1.20 or 0.83 PME to CE (Robots)
7:6 1.17 or 0.86 CE to TE (Translucent Concrete)
http://www.wildgunner.co.uk/FoE/TradeCalc.php calculates quantities for all equitable trades.

DeletedUser10415

I think it's a free market where FP/goods trades are concerned. All the trade deals I've supplied FP for goods involved Tomorrow goods. The best rate I got was 2:1 TE/FP, minimum 20 FP investment, but there were some offering only 1:1 TE/FP. I did a deal with a guildmate who was offering varying amounts of different aged goods per FP. I suppose you could extrapolate from 1:1 TE/FP being the low end, and 2:1 TE/FP being the high end, get out your trade calculator, and crunch out PE figures if you wanted to.

DeletedUser9184

For our guild, I've included the following information in my guild social bar profile.

Like Value Trades - Please use triple digit quantities
when you're just trying to balance your inventory.
x:y Decimal Ages/Eras (First of the five goods)
2:1 2.00 or 0.50 through LMA (Stone through Basalt)
3:2 1.50 or 0.67 LMA to COL (Paper)
4:3 1.33 or 0.75 COL to IND (Rubber)
5:4 1.25 or 0.80 IND to PE (Asbestos)
6:5 1.20 or 0.83 PE to ME (Ferroconcrete)
5:4 1.25 or 0.80 ME to PME (Renewable Resources)
6:5 1.20 or 0.83 PME to CE (Robots)
7:6 1.17 or 0.86 CE to TE (Translucent Concrete)
http://www.wildgunner.co.uk/FoE/TradeCalc.php calculates quantities for all equitable trades.
FP for goods, not goods for goods ;)
I think it's a free market where FP/goods trades are concerned. All the trade deals I've supplied FP for goods involved Tomorrow goods. The best rate I got was 2:1 TE/FP, minimum 20 FP investment, but there were some offering only 1:1 TE/FP. I did a deal with a guildmate who was offering varying amounts of different aged goods per FP. I suppose you could extrapolate from 1:1 TE/FP being the low end, and 2:1 TE/FP being the high end, get out your trade calculator, and crunch out PE figures if you wanted to.
Wish I could get people with 2:1, would have a level 80+ GB by now :p I did a 6:1 for every extra FP invested (so if you invested 500 and got back 300, I would give them 1200 goods since (400-300)*6=600)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11609

Goods from FP's is whatever the market decides, if someone offers it, and someone is willing to pay it, that's the price.
I've seen everything from 2 pe per fp (for placing first) to 1 te good per fp for each 50 pts.

DeletedUser6172

The roll bar at the top center of your screen tells you how much it will cost you to buy a Forge Point,
so at least half of the cost of goods is well defined.

In Elvenar the Wholesaler will accept Goods, Coins, or Supplies, which makes a lot of sense.

DeletedUser10415

The price of a forge point is the least well defined, as it varies for everyone, depending on how many they've bought to date.

DeletedUser9184

The price of a forge point is the least well defined, as it varies for everyone, depending on how many they've bought to date.
I believe Katwijk is talking about comparing the diamond cost of goods and FPs

DeletedUser10554

Who is the wholesaler, that trade ratio is always wacked? It seems always to be 10 to 1 wholesalers advantage. The only one selling most of the time, the amount of goods offered stinks, useless is another word.

How does it work and given the ridiculous parameters what's the point?

DeletedUser8152

The wholesaler is the computer. Its a terrible last ditch option you should never use. Build an unboosted building first, but better still just offer a really favorable trade for what you want.

DeletedUser10554

The wholesaler is the computer. Its a terrible last ditch option you should never use. Build an unboosted building first, but better still just offer a really favorable trade for what you want.

Last ditch option .. LOL it is not even good for that. I use the trade calculator for my trading. Just think the wholesaler is so messed up ratio wise they should just kill it off, as it stands it's pointless option.

DeletedUser8152

Well, I can think of at least one situation where it might make sense. Say you're the only person on your server to reach modern age (obviously you spend diamonds), and in fact you're just about through modern age with only bazookas left to research. You have tons of ferrocrete and packaging, but no explosives. The Christmas event is starting today, and you want to make sure your prizes are PME. So you could finish bazookas either by trading at the wholesaler, or by spending diamonds for the goods. If you had enough ferrocrete and packaging, I could see it would make sense to trade them rather than spending diamonds.

But yeah, it would be a pretty weird situation. I think it would be better if the wholesalers traded at 5:1 instead, equivalent to unboosted production.

DeletedUser13838

There are quests that ask you to do some weird things. If you need to pick up 1 lumber to complete it and there is none available from your guild at the moment, spending 10 stone at the wholesaler isn't all that stupid. :)

DeletedUser22763

everyone get 24 FPs recharged/day and produce 80 goods of current age/day (assuming the average of 2 good factories per deposit and use the 24hrs production)

this is a base value calc. ---> 24 FPs = 80 goods
(ignore all special buildings which producing FPs, metals for expansion)

Sum it up, ones will get the Needed goods from trading FPs. The others will get returned goods plus 20 current goods (if produce 8/8/4 hrs options) and FPs donated to their GB.

Is this a fair trade...What do you guys think?

Does anyone have any good rules for FP/Goods trade ratio's. I would just like to get a general consensus on what is typically a fair trade in this circumstance. I have a guildie who specifically wants PE goods, but I have lots of other goods and am not averse to making those trades. What do most of you do when you trade goods for FP and vice versa?

DeletedUser17558

everyone get 24 FPs recharged/day and produce 80 goods of current age/day (assuming the average of 2 good factories per deposit and use the 24hrs production)

this is a base value calc. ---> 24 FPs = 80 goods
(ignore all special buildings which producing FPs, metals for expansion)

Sum it up, ones will get the Needed goods from trading FPs. The others will get returned goods plus 20 current goods (if produce 8/8/4 hrs options) and FPs donated to their GB.

Is this a fair trade...What do you guys think?

I don't know how that would work for a base value calculation. Most of the time, I don't produce any goods and get them all from my neighbors. Would that 24:80 ratio be for PE goods? ME? PME? Iron?

DeletedUser22763

good point, I forgot about plunders. However, you have 24 hrs to plunders and collect 80 goods if not then you should've built a few more good productions to compensate (please state the amount of goods plundered for discussion purpose)

for all Ages...reason at sum it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17558

For discussion purposes, if I maximize my neighborhood attacks and check on the neighbors regularly, I can easily get 100-150 TE goods, 100+ CE goods, and at least 50+ of other various ages per day.