• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GE feature request: show me the number of attempts I have left, not just a graphic

Karen Isaacsdottir

In GE, the number of attempts I have left is known to the program because it counts down, gives me more, and displays the quantity graphically (in 'attempt coins').

If the game knows so much about the number of attempts I have left, I'd like it to show me a number so that I don't have to guess or count the graphics. There's room in front of 'attempts', too.

TIA, Dev.

Pericles the Lion

SMH. Does the number of attempts remaining really matter? My guess is that most players just use up the attempts until they run out, at which point they leave only to return later after the bar has refreshed.

Johnny B. Goode

In GE, the number of attempts I have left is known to the program because it counts down, gives me more, and displays the quantity graphically (in 'attempt coins').

If the game knows so much about the number of attempts I have left, I'd like it to show me a number so that I don't have to guess or count the graphics. There's room in front of 'attempts', too.

TIA, Dev.
Wish granted. On PC, just hover over the attempt bar and it will tell you how many you have left. On mobile just tap the attempt bar and it will do the same thing. You have been playing long enough that you should know about pop up bubbles that contain simple information. Many FoE features have them.

Angry.Blanket

One thing to consider here, if they showed a number they would have to do so graphically.
So are we wanting a graphic in the form of a digit, ?

Pericles the Lion

Again with the rude attitude. I am not the original commenter on this post but I did answer as did other members. Why so rude? Why not take the opportunity to teach rather than mock?

You state that there are a max of 10 attempts over the 8...where does it state that? FAQ's? In the Expedition Screen? Where are those "rules" you fling out at someone and then use social media jargon (ffs) to mock someone? Is it really necesarry to be so toxic? You have been on the forum long enough to have earned the title, Well Known Member, so why not share some of your knowledge or just sit down and shut up.
Wow dude! You have been quite garrulous during the past day or so. The one common thread seems to be that you object to the tone used by other players towards your commentary, yet you reply in kind.

BTW, the max number of attempts on the bar is 12 and it's not a "rule" it's math.

Dursland

Okay so I used the word rule but if it's the math, where is it? It stands to reason that if there are 8 slots for the attempt coins then it would be possible to add 8 more. That equals 16, not 12. That's math.
You can't buy attempts once the bar is full. So if you filled it right before opening a chest that has 4 extra attempts you'd end up with 12. I'm pretty sure that is the maximum you can get since you can't fill the bar when it's full and can only gain 4 additional attempts from chests at the most.

I don't know if that's the coded-in maximum but seems to me 12 is the most you can get.

Pericles the Lion

Okay so I used the word rule but if it's the math, where is it? It stands to reason that if there are 8 slots for the attempt coins then it would be possible to add 8 more. That equals 16, not 12. That's math.
You can't buy attempts once the bar is full. So if you filled it right before opening a chest that has 4 extra attempts you'd end up with 12. I'm pretty sure that is the maximum you can get since you can't fill the bar when it's full and can only gain 4 additional attempts from chests at the most.

I don't know if that's the coded-in maximum but seems to me 12 is the most you can get.
@Dursland is correct. It's possible to open a chest containing, at most, 4 attempts when the bar is full, bringing the total number of available attempts to 12. From there, the player must use attempts to progress to the next chest that may contain additional attempts. However, getting to this next chest will always consume more attempts than the next chest will contain. Consequently, the total number of available attempts will never exceed 12.

Pericles the Lion

The OP doesn't want a graphic he want s a number, all the numbers I see on my PC are graphics .
When I mouse over mine it isn't displaying a number does it only do this when the bar is full ?
I'm on PC. When I mouse over the graphic displaying the number of attempts, I get a dialogue box that says "You currently have 8 attempts". I used one then tried again. No dialogue box appeared this time. Looks like the dialogue box only appears when the bar is full.

Johnny B. Goode

The OP doesn't want a graphic he want s a number, all the numbers I see on my PC are graphics .
When I mouse over mine it isn't displaying a number does it only do this when the bar is full ?
I'm on PC. When I mouse over the graphic displaying the number of attempts, I get a dialogue box that says "You currently have 8 attempts". I used one then tried again. No dialogue box appeared this time. Looks like the dialogue box only appears when the bar is full.
It appears that it only displays a number when the bar is full (or more than full, if you got more attempts as a reward). When the bar is less than full it instead displays the time remaining until another attempt is added.