• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GE participation start time

DeletedUser11463

I've tried to search for this with no luck. Does anyone know what time (please use Eastern Standard Time) you must be in a guild to be eligible to play in that week's GE contest? I know if you join Tuesday after it starts, you are unable to compete until the following week. Is it Monday night, Tuesday morning before 8am, etc. Just looking for the answer so we know when new members can play or not.

Many thanks.

DeletedUser27889

I believe it is any time before the start of GE. I say that because when we have booted members in the past we have done it very close to the wire, within an hour, and they were no longer on our roster. That would make me think the roster is generated at the very start or very close to the start of GE.

DeletedUser28970

I can only tell you that it starts @ 5am PDT on Tuesday for me. Look in the upper left of the main GE page for the counter that tells you when the new week starts. For me it is in 9 hrs 20 min.

Anybody in guild before that time should be eligible to play.

Hope that helps. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28970

It's not based on midnight Eastern time .... Maybe that is like some Brazilian time zone, maybe one for the lost city of Atlantis, or Guam!

Everything in the game runs on a different clock it seems. They need to standardize things for 12am GMT for totally EVERYTHING so players, no matter where they are in the world, can keep track of what's going on.

(blank: a weird start time for every different thing)

DeletedUser11463

thanks to all who answered. You would think this would be posted somewhere :)

DeletedUser26965

thanks to all who answered. You would think this would be posted somewhere :)
Every player who is a member of a guild and has reached the Iron Age at the time when an Expedition begins, can contribute to the success of their guild during the current Expedition
Guild Expeditions

You also get a nifty timer nifty timer - Copy.PNG

So 7:59:59 AM Eastern Standard Time Tuesdays is the last second you can join to play.