• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Global chat and the never ending war.....

• Thread starter DeletedUser33297
  • Start date

DeletedUser33297

I happen to reside in Noarsil, which boosts one of the best players and guild in the game. Stinemite and TRC. See below, respectively:

HM5ePMv.png

mQL36u5.png

As you can see, this person and his guild have been Top Dog for a while...no easy task.

My issue is that almost every day, in Global, a number of other people, in the other Top 10 guilds, show up and gang up on this person and his guild. I've only been actively playing the last 4 months, so I don't know W T F is true or not true, all I know is many of these people, on both sides, are my friends. A few of them are in my friends list. As I watch this drama unfold, almost every night....it makes me wonder....why is it happening and to what is its end purpose. Trust me, it's like the worst reality show ever, simply because you can't vote ANYONE off.

With this thread I hope to gather 2 things....
Do you have any similar situations in your world
How would you, or do you deal with it, if it exists.

I play this game for about 14 -16 hrs a day...reading, collecting, housework...etc...but Im not usually away from it for more than 30 mins...I LIKE the chat. Its my social interaction with humanity. My son works nights, sleeps days, so this is pretty much it. I'm not looking for a solution here, I know that's not possible, such as human nature is. I just wondered if any one else felt my pain, and if they did, how THEY dealt with it.

*EDIT: corrected my error about Stine being the best player in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So, first off, that isn't the top player in the game. In fact, he doesn't crack the top 10. TRC is in the top 10, but only at #6.:)

But to your sitchyation. When I first started to play 3 years ago, I would sometimes haunt global chat a lot. Had a lot of great conversations. Loads of fun, usually. And I played on multiple worlds almost from the start. Made good friends on some of them that are still on my friends list today. Then I would run into a drama like yours, or just a troll or two that would take all the fun out of chat. So I learned to find guilds with friendly, talkative, active players. Started getting my socialization there in the game. Now, I don't go to chat very often. I miss it sometimes, but then when I do go there, there's invariably drama or trolling that shows up before long, and I remember why I rarely go anymore. Sad that these idiots can ruin such a fun feature of the game for no good reason other than the fact that they are idiots.:(

DeletedUser33297

Thanks @Stephen Longshanks I have made myself scarce for the aformentioned times. I like to think it hurts the other users, but maybe thats just me being arrogant. Appreciate the input.