• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Goods Buildings not in Building menu

DeletedUser

When do the goods Building, in the building menu, become available? Is there a step I am missing to cause it to activate? I have troops, production buildings, ect,,,,,,,

DeletedUser4844

Goods buildings become available when you unlock the technology associated with them, that means you have to pay the forge points for that tech, and then pay the supply/coin/goods cost (although I think goods techbologies do not require any goods themselves, I could be wrong). Once you unlock the good it is in the good part of the build menu, 3d tab from the top, looks like 3 bars of something. Of course, the goods building will be greyed out (can't build it) if you do not have the population, supplies, or coins left that you need.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2145

They become available when you unlock the specific research on the tech tree that gives you the ability to construct them. You can find it by hovering over the researches --- the ones that give a goods building have the same icon of three stones together like the goods buildings have in the building menu.

ETA: Heh, gwalchmai was faster. I had this loaded for too long it seems. :p

Goth Almighty

They become available when you unlock the specific research on the tech tree that gives you the ability to construct them.

The goods building for porcelain is not available in my build menu even though I've unlocked it in the tech tree and unearthed the goods deposit for it on the CM. Porcelain becomes available in the Col era and I am currently in the PME and this is the only goods bldg that is not and never has been in my build menu. Has anyone experienced something like this before?

DeletedUser

The goods building for porcelain is not available in my build menu even though I've unlocked it in the tech tree and unearthed the goods deposit for it on the CM. Porcelain becomes available in the Col era and I am currently in the PME and this is the only goods bldg that is not and never has been in my build menu. Has anyone experienced something like this before?
You should look again at your tech tree. I would bet you paid the FP, had the goods/coins/supplies, but never actually clicked the unlock button. If it shows as unlocked, you should contact support. (Although why you would wait until 4 eras later to worry about it is a mystery to me.)

Goth Almighty

You should look again at your tech tree. I would bet you paid the FP, had the goods/coins/supplies, but never actually clicked the unlock button. If it shows as unlocked, you should contact support. (Although why you would wait until 4 eras later to worry about it is a mystery to me.)

Don't quote me but I can't see what's right in front of my nose, eh? :confused:

DeletedUser42616

The paper mill does not appear in my build menu. I am currently in the Colonial Era, and I did unlock Plantation Goods. I also acquired the province that gave me the spruce wood, but there is no option to build a paper mill in my build menu. Is there something else I have to complete before it will appear?

DeletedUser

The paper mill does not appear in my build menu. I am currently in the Colonial Era, and I did unlock Plantation Goods. I also acquired the province that gave me the spruce wood, but there is no option to build a paper mill in my build menu. Is there something else I have to complete before it will appear?
There shouldn't be. If you put in the necessary Forge Points, paid the 4000 Coins, 15,000 Supplies and 110 Dried Herbs to research and unlock it, then it should appear in your Build Menu even if you didn't have the boost. Did you look back a page? If you have unlocked all 5 Colonial Age goods, it could be on the second page (on PC).

pr0t0s

I grappled with this for a long time and finally read the fine print which said "unlocked after researching technology and negotiate". Negotiate was the key here. When fighting, it will show negotiate or attack. Take the negotiate and that unlocks the goods buildings. This was applicable for bronze era.