• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Administrator left

Ryno51

Apparently our guild admin left the guild and didn't appoint a new admin or rights. Now what?

DeletedUser25273

You will always have a founder, who has the ability to grant rights. If they leave, the game is supposed to automatically pick a new one. Check your membership list on Global / Guilds / Members and someone should have a crown as their first icon instead of a crossed out crown. They are now the 'founder' with full rights in the guild.

DeletedUser21322

If you have questions regarding your founder please contact support. They would be happy to sort out what is happening for you.

ladyleader

You will always have a founder, who has the ability to grant rights. If they leave, the game is supposed to automatically pick a new one. Check your membership list on Global / Guilds / Members and someone should have a crown as their first icon instead of a crossed out crown. They are now the 'founder' with full rights in the guild.
This isn't necessarily true...

DeletedUser25273

I thought I remembered someone official commenting that if the last Founder actually leaves, the game would automatically appoint a new one by some formula. If the Founder just goes inactive and not doing anything, then it requires a contact of support for them to confirm it and appoint a new Founder.

DeletedUser26965

actually I feel it was self explanatory...and I am correct...the comment wasn't "necessarily true"
You are correct. Matter of fact I've never heard of it automatically going to someone else. You have to contact support and they'll assign someone. I've done it before myself and they assigned me, I'm guessing because I'm the only one who contacted them about it. But I also thought I've read somewhere they pick from whose been there the longest and are also leaders and/or such but I think they probably just make whoever contacts them founder then just let that person sort it out.

DeletedUser34893

I would suggest you research a guild first before joining. One founder would be a red flag to me. In my experience they are the dictator types and have every action such as trusted, invites and messaging locked down. FoE stats is a good website that somewhat shows how active guild members are.
Some people get locked in to the first guild they join and really don't experience all the different play styles, tips, tricks etc. Shop around, if you are active most guilds will accept you unless you don't meet certain criteria, level 4 GE, GvG support, etc.
As someone suggested: contact support. I have heard of this before and it takes Inno a few days to verify before assigning a new founder.
Good luck!

DeletedUser11427

You are correct. Matter of fact I've never heard of it automatically going to someone else. You have to contact support and they'll assign someone. I've done it before myself and they assigned me, I'm guessing because I'm the only one who contacted them about it. But I also thought I've read somewhere they pick from whose been there the longest and are also leaders and/or such but I think they probably just make whoever contacts them founder then just let that person sort it out.
I do wish support could or would assign "admin" rights in a thread where they did not bounce. After a recent long back & forth with support, they acknowledged that the "admin" rights were supposed to bounce and pressed me to get a screen shot showing a thread that didn't have anyone with those rights. After some time & difficulty I was able to get a screen shot, only to be then told they couldn't enter the thread and assign a new Admin rights. If this was done for you, let me know the name of the moderator who helped you, and when it happened, as they may have changed policy. They then said the fact that the rights didn't bounce was not a bug, but a glitch, and so could not be reported as a bug....LoL

DeletedUser26965

While this may be true in some cases, I find that having one founder works better than having multiple ones. You should have a few trusted leaders, but there should be one person with the final say when needed. That being said, it has to be someone who puts the guild first and has the attitude that it is not their city that reflects their success, but their guild. It also has to be someone who leads by example.
"A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king."
Homer, The Iliad