• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild categories/specialization

nsiebold

When you are creating a Guild, there should be specific categories (i.e., trading, GVG/GBg, mentoring, Great Buildings, etc.) that you can select to say what areas your Guild specializes in. That way when someone is searching for a Guild to join, instead of looking at Guild descriptions, they can just select a category and it will bring up a list of all Guilds that do that activity (i.e., if you're looking for a Guild that is mainly for GvG/GBg, on the search page you could select that, and you would be presented with a list of Guilds that had that attribute checked when they were created). The categories would be able to be changed just like the Guild's description and name (only by those with Leader privileges).

Godly Luke

Re-read my post.
If you look in the description, you can get an accurate idea of what each guild likes to focus on. It is a waste of time for the devs and unnecessary. If you truly want to know what each guild "specializes" in, you can message a leader and ask. Don't see why the game should have to do the work for you.

DevaCat

Interesting idea, but kind of pointless imho. Guilds exaggerate and lie in the descriptions already. What would change about that by having them tick boxes off and having the devs devote time and resources to make another system of presenting claims of dubious veracity?

I've seen guilds which advertised teaching and opportunities for the newcomer to learn and grow his GBs, when in actuality there were no teachers, no tips/tricks threads, and only a few low ante swap threads. I've read descriptions of active leveling and trade threads, when in reality it would take days to get anything done there. I've seen boasts of vast networks of sister and allied guilds mentioned, but not the fact that this particular chapter had absentee, part time leadership due to that leadership having their main city (and interests) on another world. Or the claim of experienced helpful people in charge being belied by the reality of there being a bunch of predatory boneheads at the top. Or claims of doing (insert activity here) when in fact no one, or at most a few, does.

DeletedUser27301

Some are mentioning looking at the guild description, but really, look. That and just the regular guild rank page.

If you want GE, a guild that's active with it will have tons of gold trophies, even if they're not a top level guild. GvG guilds will always be among the top ranked, or check out the map for your era to see which guilds are active there.

Want an active but casual guild? Look for something in top 50 or 100 that has 70+ members and auto-join.

GBG, look for diamond and platinum guilds.

Mentoring is going to be harder to figure out, but usually those auto-join guilds with 70+ members usually have at least a few who enjoy mentoring, hence why they have open doors to newbies. Usually these guilds will be led by players with load of points and fights but aren't in a powerhouse guild.

IMHO if you know nothing about a guild or don't know anyone in one, stick to the top 50 or 100 guilds. Anything further, yea there are some gems, but it's hard to find them.

Farfle the smelly

Interesting idea, but kind of pointless imho. Guilds exaggerate and lie in the descriptions already. What would change about that by having them tick boxes off and having the devs devote time and resources to make another system of presenting claims of dubious veracity?

I've seen guilds which advertised teaching and opportunities for the newcomer to learn and grow his GBs, when in actuality there were no teachers, no tips/tricks threads, and only a few low ante swap threads. I've read descriptions of active leveling and trade threads, when in reality it would take days to get anything done there. I've seen boasts of vast networks of sister and allied guilds mentioned, but not the fact that this particular chapter had absentee, part time leadership due to that leadership having their main city (and interests) on another world. Or the claim of experienced helpful people in charge being belied by the reality of there being a bunch of predatory boneheads at the top. Or claims of doing (insert activity here) when in fact no one, or at most a few, does.

Yep. We just had our butts handed to us by a guild who specializes in gvg (we were playing GBG). Dirty liars. >.>

Aggressor

This is what clash of clans has and foe should not copy CoC as CoC is way more boring and less interesting. When looking for a guild of a specific type, look in the description, and if it's a fighting guild you want to join look at their BG league and GE trophies and the GvG map. These things aren't really hidden from you. And nobody is stopping you from going to global and asking for an invite to a specific type of guild, and you can always PM a leader for details