• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Championship Qualification

Hi All,

We started a new guild in Y world on 06/21 and had 7 members within a day. All our members have played this game for good amount of time, and have taken part in GE and championship in their previous guilds.
This week, when we started the GE, we received a notification on the left side of contribution bar, saying "you can't join the championship. To participate, you must have at least 3 members who can join the GE and at least one has taken part in last expedition"

Given that all of us have the tech unlocked and have played in GE for several months now, we should have been eligible. Thoughts?
I reached out to support team, their response was mostly aligned with above sentence. I don't know if Inno will actually fix it for us this week, or will change it for future, or if in 1st week, you just can't take part in championship.
I thought it's better to come here and confirm with you all to see if any of you might have seen this previously, or heard about it. and if there is actually anything that needs to be changed? Thanks for answering!!

DreadfulCadillac

Hi All,

We started a new guild in Y world on 06/21 and had 7 members within a day. All our members have played this game for good amount of time, and have taken part in GE and championship in their previous guilds.
This week, when we started the GE, we received a notification on the left side of contribution bar, saying "you can't join the championship. To participate, you must have at least 3 members who can join the GE and at least one has taken part in last expedition"

Given that all of us have the tech unlocked and have played in GE for several months now, we should have been eligible. Thoughts?
I reached out to support team, their response was mostly aligned with above sentence. I don't know if Inno will actually fix it for us this week, or will change it for future, or if in 1st week, you just can't take part in championship.
I thought it's better to come here and confirm with you all to see if any of you might have seen this previously, or heard about it. and if there is actually anything that needs to be changed? Thanks for answering!!
do u have at least 3 members, and at least one did ge last week IN THIS GUILD?

do u have at least 3 members, and at least one did ge last week IN THIS GUILD?

3 members? Yes. In this guild? No. This guild was created on 06/21. This is our 1st GE. Following is what support told me:

"Thank you for contacting support. I have reviewed your account. It appears you are participating in guild expeditions this week, but not the championship. The only thing that would prevent you from being eligible from the championship would be having 3 members that have opened Guild Expeditions in research that joined prior to the start of this week's GE. If a majority of the players are new and have not, you would still be seen as a guild with less than the required members to participate in the championship.

If your guild did meet the minimum requirements to participate this week, please let me know so we can research your issue further."

DeletedUser

Hi All,

The key is what @DreadfulCadillac said. You have more than three members, but none of them participated in GE the previous week in the guild you are in now. If at least one of you participates in GE this week, you will be eligible for the Championship competition next week, assuming you still have three or more members.

The key is what @DreadfulCadillac said. You have more than three members, but none of them participated in GE the previous week in the guild you are in now. If at least one of you participates in GE this week, you will be eligible for the Championship competition next week, assuming you still have three or more members.

Yes, I see what he is saying. But at the very least the message is ambiguous in the GE window. And if support's reply is anything to go with, they never mentioned that in 1st week you are not eligible, because that's what it comes down to. A new guild, no matter you take all the experienced players in, you can't compete in 1st week.
I very explicitly called it out with them it's a guild created on 06/21, have 7 players right from day 1, and all have done GE previously, 1st week in GE and all, and they replied let us research into the issue.

Edit: I am just trying to understand if anybody here can really confirm yes this is how it is. I won't wait for support to dig deeper and come back with the same response. However, if these are speculations based on the message itself, then I don't think that message tells anyone that you can't take part in 1st week. Support seems to be aligned with the idea that you should be eligible in 1st week as well, if you have >3 and people who have taken part in GE before.

DeletedUser

Yes, I see what he is saying. But at the very least the message is ambiguous in the GE window. And if support's reply is anything to go with, they never mentioned that in 1st week you are not eligible, because that's what it comes down to. A new guild, no matter you take all the experienced players in, you can't compete in 1st week.
I very explicitly called it out with them it's a guild created on 06/21, have 7 players right from day 1, and all have done GE previously, 1st week in GE and all, and they replied let us research into the issue.

Edit: I am just trying to understand if anybody here can really confirm yes this is how it is. I won't wait for support to dig deeper and come back with the same response. However, if these are speculations based on the message itself, then I don't think that message tells anyone that you can't take part in 1st week. Support seems to be aligned with the idea that you should be eligible in 1st week as well, if you have >3 and people who have taken part in GE before.
I can confirm that at least one player has to have participated in GE the previous week in the same guild in order for the guild to compete for the guild championship. You can all still participate and earn Guild Power Points as well as personal rewards, you just won't be eligible for the bonus Guild Power Points for placing in the championship.

DeletedUser37581

That jives with what the FoE wiki says:

There are a few participation rules. First of all, only guilds with at least 3 members who already got to Iron Age, will be taken into the Championships. Secondly, at least one member must have contributed to the previous Expedition of their current guild.

Update: Received following message from support

"All guild actions, GvG and GE, have a 96 hour waiting period when the guild is created and each member joins. This weeks GE would not be available to your guild since it was right at the end of the 96 hour waiting period. Next weeks GE Championship should be available."

It appears it's not the 1st week, just that you need to be 4 days old guild. Sharing it here, may help someone in future.

Got it. Thanks for the confirmation everyone.

DeletedUser

Update: Received following message from support

"All guild actions, GvG and GE, have a 96 hour waiting period when the guild is created and each member joins. This weeks GE would not be available to your guild since it was right at the end of the 96 hour waiting period. Next weeks GE Championship should be available."

It appears it's not the 1st week, just that you need to be 4 days old guild. Sharing it here, may help someone in future.
That information is incorrect! I will let my superiors know that they are giving out false information on that. I repeat, that information is incorrect.

Edit: Support has acknowledged that they gave out wrong information in this case. Please disregard the statement about the 96 hour waiting period applying to GE, because it does not.

Last edited by a moderator: