• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Guild Expeditions and points, points, points

Kaidi

Kaidi -- yes that makes sense. One of our prior guilds' founders said we only got the points at the end of the Expedition. But this makes more sense. Thanks.

With the new Guild Championship, if you place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, you *do* get those points at the end. But otherwise, they are awarded each day at server reset. :)

DeletedUser29050

With the new Guild Championship, if you place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, you *do* get those points at the end. But otherwise, they are awarded each day at server reset. :)

I am attempting to track how the GE points are calculated by member as well on a spreadsheet and would like to know if Kaidi or anyone else has done the same... would like some specifics to guide members for gaining as much points in GE as possible based on age and game structure. Can anyone add to this thread?

DeletedUser26120

would like some specifics to guide members for gaining as much points in GE as possible based on age and game structure. Can anyone add to this thread?
I was told you get more expedition points on level 1 if you fight the troops with same age troops (one below your own) and possibly true for level 2.

However I tried it and wasn't sure if it was any different. I didn't write down numbers or anything so you could test that if you like. May be hogwash.

Otherwise there's no trick. Just complete the levels, do all 64 if possible. And clearly, the more you can battle the more you'll save on goods/diamonds (extra neg turns)/medals/promethium and orichalum.

In Contemporary Era I can clear all 48 first levels with fights. On level 4 I can only fight 15 out of 16. The second to last one with 7 tanks/champ 2nd wave is too difficult for me.

If your goal is to get more expedition points for more guild power then you want to place 1st in championship every week. This means booting members who hurt your GE average - or try getting them to come up to par but I haven't seen that type of persuasion be very successful.

And of course if you have your guild to full member count with all members doing as many GE encounters as possible then you'll gain the (or close to the) maximum number of points possible. Higher age members will get more expedition points. Guess I'm just restating the obvious.

I would be remiss to not point out that you get far more guild power in GvG though. Just a few All Ages or Oceanic Future tiles can boost your guild power more on a weekly basis than most guilds get in GE.

DeletedUser23064

I have to agree with the above. My R guild has 9, YES 9 ACTIVE MEMBERS! We are Small, but Mighty. All of us are learning how to use our UNITS and, not ready for GvG, But we place weekly in our world GEx. Couldn't be prouder of OUR accomplishments... ANY GUILD, no matter SIZE, with ACTIVE, can accomplish LOTS! Thank you FoE for helping us.....little folk....show OUR MUSCLES! :)

wolfhoundtoo

I was told you get more expedition points on level 1 if you fight the troops with same age troops (one below your own) and possibly true for level 2.

However I tried it and wasn't sure if it was any different. I didn't write down numbers or anything so you could test that if you like. May be hogwash.

Otherwise there's no trick. Just complete the levels, do all 64 if possible. And clearly, the more you can battle the more you'll save on goods/diamonds (extra neg turns)/medals/promethium and orichalum.

In Contemporary Era I can clear all 48 first levels with fights. On level 4 I can only fight 15 out of 16. The second to last one with 7 tanks/champ 2nd wave is too difficult for me.

If your goal is to get more expedition points for more guild power then you want to place 1st in championship every week. This means booting members who hurt your GE average - or try getting them to come up to par but I haven't seen that type of persuasion be very successful.

And of course if you have your guild to full member count with all members doing as many GE encounters as possible then you'll gain the (or close to the) maximum number of points possible. Higher age members will get more expedition points. Guess I'm just restating the obvious.

I would be remiss to not point out that you get far more guild power in GvG though. Just a few All Ages or Oceanic Future tiles can boost your guild power more on a weekly basis than most guilds get in GE.

the points in GE are exactly the same when you complete an encounter no matter which age troops you utilize to complete the encounter (or if you negotiate). Yes i'm tried it and since I've been staying in FE I've had plenty of time to experiment. Please note that the higher the era/age the more points that a particular encounter generates. one encounter for an iron age player is worth much less points than 1 encounter for an FE player. that is why the championship is based on % of encounters completed rather than points.

Darth Mole

I have to agree with the above. My R guild has 9, YES 9 ACTIVE MEMBERS! We are Small, but Mighty. All of us are learning how to use our UNITS and, not ready for GvG, But we place weekly in our world GEx. Couldn't be prouder of OUR accomplishments... ANY GUILD, no matter SIZE, with ACTIVE, can accomplish LOTS! Thank you FoE for helping us.....little folk....show OUR MUSCLES! :)
We're a guild of 54 in East Nagach - 36m points to 100K - GE is what we do - the whole guild is focused on it week in week out. Makes for great camaraderie and great rewards too.
LoG.png

DeletedUser26120

Caress of Steel on Vingrid had 38-0-0 record until guild disintegrated. Don't know if anyone has done better than that.

I'm not sure what else you can be doing to increase your GE points other than participation. Interesting discussion though, thanks for bringing it up!

DeletedUser11086

Is GE worth it? Serious question. The point is to make pts or crowns or whatever crazy formula it is to reach the next level to shorten your build time, extra forge pt, etc. Since it seems no one knows the secret formula, does GE really provide that much towards getting towards the next level. I have 4 HOF's producing 235 crowns daily. Is that a better way to increase your leveling? put down more HOF's? really need to know. forcing guild members to have to do GE is tearing up the guild and dont know if its really worth it.

DeletedUser

Is GE worth it? Serious question. The point is to make pts or crowns or whatever crazy formula it is to reach the next level to shorten your build time, extra forge pt, etc. Since it seems no one knows the secret formula, does GE really provide that much towards getting towards the next level. I have 4 HOF's producing 235 crowns daily. Is that a better way to increase your leveling? put down more HOF's? really need to know. forcing guild members to have to do GE is tearing up the guild and dont know if its really worth it.
It is definitely worth it. Guild Power Points (crowns) needed for a new guild level constantly increase. Into the millions for the highest levels. You won't get terribly high with 4 HoFs, and the more guild members that participate and the higher they get in GE each week, the faster your guild will level up.

DeletedUser11086

would you know approximately what percentage GE effects your overall points vs all the other criteria that was already calculated in increasing your level pts. we were still leveling up before GE. Is GE pts 10% more 20% 50% of our total pts now? My point is with all the other factor pts that are already being calculated, how much does GE affect our pt totals?

DeletedUser

would you know approximately what percentage GE effects your overall points vs all the other criteria that was already calculated in increasing your level pts. we were still leveling up before GE. Is GE pts 10% more 20% 50% of our total pts now? My point is with all the other factor pts that are already being calculated, how much does GE affect our pt totals?
If you go to GE and click on the Guild Contribution Overview (a tab on the same window that shows everyone's individual progress), it will tell you exactly how many Guild Power Points your guild has earned so far in this week's GE. Whatever your guild earns each day is added to your guild's total daily. You can see what level your guild is at and how many GPP they currently have accumulated toward the next level by going to your guild window and clicking on the "Level" tab.