• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Help! My city is a mess!

• Thread starter DeletedUser32973
  • Start date

DeletedUser32973

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to helping each-other with city design. A kind of melting pot where we can throw ideas around to get optimal cities going. Sometimes I fall in love with a certain layout and I get a mental block when I need to improve something that's inefficient. Anyway, here goes.

This is one of my diamond farms that I'm having an issue(s) with.DunarsundDiamond.JPG
Server: US
World: Dunarsund
Note: CoA isn't built yet, but I have the space for it as indicated in this planner image.

I hate having unconnected houses even if I don't care about the coin, and as you can see that's a problem in this layout. Additionally, the southwest corner is pretty wonky (where the SSW is). I'm a bit on the fence on building a ToB, or any future pop building as I'd rather just expend those FP on the attack GBs. Eventually I want all housing and military buildings removed in favor of one rogue hideout and an Alactraz.

I swear I'm not just being lazy and want someone to make a good layout for me!!!

DeletedUser

Why wouldn't you put the CoA where the SSW and cottages are at the bottom, and put them where the CoA is. That cuts out the need for a road into that single expansion area.

DeletedUser26965

Did you know you can link that to us? Would make it easier to mess around with. Although I guess I could just upload it myself if that is your city as it is now.

DeletedUser32973

Oh, I forgot I made this thread!.

Why wouldn't you put the CoA where the SSW and cottages are at the bottom, and put them where the CoA is. That cuts out the need for a road into that single expansion area.

Probably because I'm a fool ;). But this is just what I'm looking for!

Did you know you can link that to us? Would make it easier to mess around with. Although I guess I could just upload it myself if that is your city as it is now.

I did not. I see the share button, and it gives me the tag "GZ3H3YT7D3." I'm feeling pretty ignorant right about now.

Edit: Ok so I understand how it works now. But I can't make a "direct" link, which is what I assumed you meant.

nostalgia...:(

Ehh you can always make another diamond farm from scratch! :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12620

Oh, I forgot I made this thread!.

Probably because I'm a fool ;). But this is just what I'm looking for!

I did not. I see the share button, and it gives me the tag "GZ3H3YT7D3." I'm feeling pretty ignorant right about now.

Edit: Ok so I understand how it works now. But I can't make a "direct" link, which is what I assumed you meant.

Ehh you can always make another diamond farm from scratch! :p

I'm talking about the old version of Iron Age... It's been awhile since I saw the old version of IA since they updated it reminds me of the old days...

DeletedUser32973

I'm talking about the old version of Iron Age... It's been awhile since I saw the old version of IA since they updated it reminds me of the old days...

Ah I see. I've gotta say I do prefer the newer version. The old version seems...bulky?