• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

HOW BOUT THAT NFL

Oswyn the noble

I prefer more subtle sports...golf. and when im in a more hyper mood, throw in some smackdown wrestling! A match that involves ladders, tables and steel chairs is fun

Johnny B. Goode

Yeah. The "concussion protocol" is becoming a gamechanger. QBs get benched for banging their head (often times a good thing). Meanwhile, Guards and Tackles are knocking noggins on every play.
It also seems to me that their attempts to "protect the quarterback" are not working. It sure seems like we've had more second, third and fourth string QBs starting games than ever before. And I've been watching the NFL since the 60s.

Ebeondi Asi

It is a rumor the artificial turf is causing a lot more injuries???
They should abolish American Football and spend all that money on synchronized swimming. Have all the current NFL players switch over to synchronized swimming... that woud stop all the injuries fer' sure. Convert the stadiums to have big swimming pools ... I would pay to see that. Once maybe.. ;)

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

They should abolish American Football and spend all that money on synchronized swimming. Have all the current NFL players switch over to synchronized swimming... that woud stop all the injuries fer' sure. Convert the stadiums to have big swimming pools ... I would pay to see that. Once maybe.. ;)
That's been discussed for years, mostly regarding lower extremity injuries. Hard to say with these injuries. For example, Tagovaioloa was injured on artificial turf several weeks ago while Pickett was hurt Sunday on grass. Who knows?

Johnny B. Goode

The turf causes more leg injuries. Specifically the knee, if I remember right. It doesn't give like real grass does, so when push comes to shove the leg is what takes the brunt of it.