• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

how bronze age military is defeating EMA

• Thread starter DeletedUser31347
  • Start date

DeletedUser31347

I have mix Archers and Mounted Archers with defense boost defending my territory. just today someone with mix of Archers and stone throwers attacked me and plundered me. How is that possible?
Attached is the screen shot but here is details

My Army= 7x Archers and 1x mounted Archers with defense boost
Opponent Army= 4x Archers, 2x Stone throwers and 2x slingers

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 11.46.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 11.46.21 AM.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 14

DeletedUser26154

Your opponent also made sure his units were firing first.
Your units took damage first.
And that's what cost you was the attrition.
The A.I. is dumb when it comes to... anything regarding combat.

images (2).jpg

But that's the same for everyone so there is no advantage.

DeletedUser27849

I have mix Archers and Mounted Archers with defense boost defending my territory. just today someone with mix of Archers and stone throwers attacked me and plundered me. How is that possible?

Depending on what your defense boost compared to what there attack boost is. As they could had added the 30% boost from the Tavern. Oh and yes it can be done as you can do the same on the continent map. Defeating one to two ages above your ERA by doing the same thing.

DeletedUser30312

A few points:

Ranged units have low defense values. A defense composed entirely of them isn't necessarily a good thing (especially since they're worth the most tower points, so such a defense becomes very attractive for a fighter to attack.).

Archers are IA, not BA. They have a very low defense, but they're slightly higher than Mounted Archers on attack.

Lord Muggle and ardak covered this already, but he probably held back while the AI charged into range and inflicted more damage on you first. If there were rocks on the map or hills near his Throwers, he probably exploited them too. Ranged and artillery units can be very effective on attack if you can quickly shoot the enemy units before they can close into range.

Czari

Does the person who attacked you have any GBs that boost his attack? I have a diamond farm on V world and stayed in the Bronze Age for one year. I built a CoA and quickly leveled it to 10 then added a CdM as soon as I could. I also collected umpteen watchfires during events for defense. I was defeating EMA troops fairly easily on the Continent Map.

wolfhoundtoo

His 2 catapults outranged your archers and should of easily gotten 2 free shots on your archers. your mounted archer likely got in one shot by charging ahead of all of your other units and would of been killed by either his archers or slingers. for the remaining 7 of your units it would of been as others have pointed out: he made sure he got the 1st shot in.

DeletedUser27184

I would advise that you yourself should look how he defeated you. In the event history you can see how the actual fight played - in the Combat Map itself, with the troops and all the movements et cet. See what he did, and how he beat your troops.