• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How can we improve trading of goods in the market?

DeletedUser26

the goods market is so anemic, anyone have any suggestions as to how to improve the market trading? can anyone give us an idea of when the trading within your guild without being charged an FP tax?

Do you have extra goods and aren't sure what others are looking for? Maybe we have to create a more open market until the guild trading is enabled.

Please discuss...

DeletedUser34

Not much to discuss, as I believe that the intent is to cycle active players together, and allow for goods trading within guilds. Both of these things will promote more active trading.

Right now with the random resource placement on the map, if only 2 or 3 people have actually gotten further on the map, the ratio of goods is low. So the only way to improve trading right now is simply to wait.

DeletedUser55

the main problem i see is trading is set to neighborhood only. at this point it seems like there is only a few active players per neighborhood. personally i think trading needs to be open to the entire world. but make a travel time depends on how "far" you are from each other. if/when they implement guild fighting, then there is going to have to be some sort of world map and territories to hold as guilds.

DeletedUser55

there's a post somewhere saying they are going to implement guild wars. multiple people on the the same side in a fight etc. they haven't given any more info then that. it just seems to me you have to have more to fight for then just because.

DeletedUser26

When I know that both parties are producing 5x of something and I am burning the forge point to make the trade, I have started offering 15 for 20. i.e. I will trade you 15 ebony for 20 lumber if you post the trade in the market. That means that I am putting a value of one forge point is worth 5 goods is 25 diamonds vs buying a forge point which costs 50 diamonds.

Anyone have any thoughts to that valuation of a forge point when trading on the market?

DeletedUser

The 50 diamond value of a forge point is ridiculous and is only intended for people who have buttloads of money to burn, so you can't exactly equate the two. To be honest, I've been producing my own goods for a while now without much trading, and it's going fine. I just work towards saturating each good up till the LMA, so with some planning you can get a lot done on your own even if you don't have the necessary resource for mass production.

DeletedUser26

Your missing my point. and thats fine, if you're not into trading. It will be difficult to make consistent progress without trading. I don't disagree that diamonds are expensive, I was only using that as a baseline for valuation and I was valuing a forge point for trading at 50% of the value if buying with diamonds.

DeletedUser

It's not really difficult to make consistent progress without trading. It's all about planning. If you can time things well and produce what you need next, then everything will run smoothly. The only downside to this is that when you hit LMA, you're going to be absolutely screwed, since you need hundreds of resources, most of which you probably won't be able to mass produce easily. But that's well over 900 hours away, so it's not really an urgent problem.

I really don't see any necessity to make trading worth 25 diamonds to avoid losing a forge point. You can easily buy one with coins, just wait, or negotiate and take turns accepting the offer so that one person isn't losing all the points. Trading in bulk also reduces the number of points spent on trade.

DeletedUser26

being that I am half way through EMA, as are several others, we are in need of trading. I do appreciate your last paragraph, which offers another option of taking turns eating the FP.

Cheers,
dd

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34

being that I am half way through EMA, as are several others, we are in need of trading. I do appreciate your last paragraph, which offers another option of taking turns eating the FP.

Cheers,
dd
No worries, as this is beta, there is a hierarchy of what is dealt with first. Good thing is, they are aware that the trading is rather obnoxious, and there is a plan to improve this in the works. I think that what people are going to find is the final release of the game is going to be vastly different than the beta as in all the added elements that will be included, that most people are going to want to start a new world anyway. I wouldn't worry about it right now.

DeletedUser26

Can someone please confirm for me that guild members from differing neighborhoods will be able to trade goods after the July 3 patch.

DeletedUser

Once I started posting trade offers, the market in our neighborhood picked up. But there's still some bottlenecks.

Is there a way I can trade gold coins (the one resource I have constant, easy access to) for resources (since, apparently, only one person in my neighborhood has access to dye and everybody else has marble,too)?

DeletedUser

Once I started posting trade offers, the market in our neighborhood picked up. But there's still some bottlenecks.

Is there a way I can trade gold coins (the one resource I have constant, easy access to) for resources (since, apparently, only one person in my neighborhood has access to dye and everybody else has marble,too)?

Nope, you can only trade goods for goods. It'll probably be best for you to join a large guild for further trading or to start producing your own dye, albeit at a slow rate.