• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How is grand prize progress determined in History Event?

Avan Sensei

I don't think anyone can get the main building without spending. I just took a look at mooingcat's spreadsheet. If you play 21 hard games and 65 easy games and win all the decks (100% win rate), you'd get 2035 grand prize points. How many decks have you lost already? I'm sorry to disappoint all of you but it's very unlikely you will get the main building without spending.

Emberguard

I don't think anyone can get the main building without spending. I just took a look at mooingcat's spreadsheet. If you play 21 hard games and 65 easy games and win all the decks (100% win rate), you'd get 2035 grand prize points. How many decks have you lost already? I'm sorry to disappoint all of you but it's very unlikely you will get the main building without spending.

Looking up that spreadsheet (thankyou for mentioning where to find that, most appreciated); your calculations doesn't include any cards utilized. Only the base amounts for clearing a difficulty.

New Canvas.jpeg

One Grand Booty card on the boss is worth almost as much as clearing the entire thing.

You could be right, maybe we won't get there. But that assumption is based on if players never use the loot options on the boss. Which highlights the importance completing the part of Rivals containing Negotiation Power will play this time round. Loot is going to be essential for Grand Prize progress.

While on the topic of strategy, I'd like to get an opinion on mine.

I've been doing mostly medium decks, with some easy decks thrown in too. Don't know what # quest I'm on (I haven't collected 3 tickets from milestone) but it is called "Strategic Abilities." (And I haven't done too many rush quests yet) I'm at 380 grand prize progress, and bronze league with 1664 points.

I plan on trying to finish both rivals, but not sure if I will be able to.

Will I be able to get the main building without spending?

It's hard to say for certain without doing it.

If you can't complete the entirety of Rivals, try to keep track of which Questline is handing out the negotiation power and focus on that one.

Blatantlybiased

You could be right, maybe we won't get there. But that assumption is based on if players never use the loot options on the boss. Which highlights the importance completing the part of Rivals containing Negotiation Power will play this time round. Loot is going to be essential for Grand Prize progress.
So far, I've gotten only one of those Grand loot cards. I used it on the boss on a hard deck. I've switched to mostly easy and one or two medium decks to save coins. I am using fewer coins, but I'm still only at 646 grand prize points and 1.9k coins so getting to 2000 is a joke no matter what decks you fight. Yes, it's theoretically possible to get enough tickets but only if you keep them regenerating at all times, which means playing at least two decks per day, plus more if you win any tickets as prizes and, of course, you have to have a 100% win rate on all decks. At that rate, even on the easy decks, I'll run out of coins or tickets or both long before I get to the required 2000. With a cost of 50 coins for a 2nd ability card each time in the card shop, you can only get 3 without spending coins or spend 50-150 coins for 4-6. plus the automatic 5 coins (occasionally 10) for having to redraw literally every card, plus at least one or sometimes two 85-coin heals, even the easy decks cost about 200 coins at least. My coin use per deck is around 500 for hard, 350-400 for medium and about 200 for easy. Also, whoever said that using ability cards helps you get more grand prize points was wrong. They help you gain league points, not grand prize points, although loot could help on the opponent cards that award GP points (very few if any in easy decks). Even when you do loot, even if you get the triple one, the points you get are paltry compared to the 2000 you need. I'm still in bronze league, but the max level reward building is a pipe dream if they don't give some upgrades in the Rivals quest. If I finish in the top 20% in the league and can't even get remotely close to getting the main event reward building to max level, it's time to quit FoE for good this time.

Last edited:

Emberguard

and about 200 for easy

For Easy you should be able to just hit fight for the majority of it and pick healing cards from the shop.

Because the enemy cards for easy are much weaker you can afford to take more hits without swapping or worrying too much on how much damage your own cards deal. There are instances in easy where you'll need to swap to avoid damage or bring out the heal card, but if it's costing you 200 that probably means you're swapping way more than needed. Easy can be done closer to 10-50 coins

While I do buy cards on Hard in order to beat those decks, you don't need to buy any with coins on Easy. You might want to buy one for the extra progress if you think it's worth it on the easy decks, but you shouldn't need it for just defeating the deck.

Also, whoever said that using ability cards helps you get more grand prize points was wrong.
I've tested it. Notice the Grand Prize bar changed from 41 to 47 at the top (see spoiler)

Loot Card.gif

Loot before.jpg

Loot after.jpg

Last edited:

Blatantlybiased

I've tested it. Notice the Grand Prize bar changed from 41 to 47 at the top (see spoiler)
Yes, as you must have missed in my post, I did say Loot was an exception (as Grand Bounty would be as well). And to my larger point, those 6 points aren't getting you anywhere close to 2000.

Please see the following from the post you were responding to:

Quote:

Also, whoever said that using ability cards helps you get more grand prize points was wrong. They help you gain league points, not grand prize points, although loot could help on the opponent cards that award GP points (very few if any in easy decks). Even when you do loot, even if you get the triple one, the points you get are paltry compared to the 2000 you need.

Another thing I noticed today is that the 20 points you get for an easy deck, 25 for medium, etc. is not an extra 20 points for finishing the deck. That is simply the combined total of GP points you get for all the opponent cards that give GP points. Loot or Grand Bounty can give you double or quadruple the points from one opponent card. I did use both Loot and Grand Bounty on the boss of a medium deck today, which resulted in earning 52 GP points for that deck. Now, if I could only get both of those cards in more than one deck out of 20+ that I've played against.

Last edited:

Blatantlybiased

I'm at 26/32 on the Rival quest line. I'm stuck for two hours because back-to-back quests required exchanging items in the antique dealer and I'm not paying 300 diamonds to instantly complete the 2nd exchange. So far, there have ben no main event building upgrades as rewards and none are upcoming as milestones on the Rival quest line, so it seems pretty safe to assume there won't be any. That means getting the building to max level is next to impossible without spending diamonds. I was hoping they would give some in the Rival quest since they made it stupidly difficult in the main quest line, but alas, no. If you're tired of reading my posts, take heart. You are almost certainly only 12 days and 17 hours away from not having to see them any more.

Avan Sensei

For the average player it's virtually impossible to win the max buildings for free. You'd have to be an elite player like mooingcat to win it for free. Mind you mooingcat's guide for this event came out 3 days after the event started on live so we all had 3 days to screw things up (eg. losing decks). It's a pay to win event and will be the first event I played that I put effort into and still cannot get the max building for free. Good luck to those still trying, and hoping...

Last edited:

Blatantlybiased

Easy deck:

Turn (health): My card (stats <bonus>): Opponent card (stats <bonus>): Result:
1 (20/20) Emperor Charlemagne (3-5) Viking Plunderer ( 1 HP, 1-2 <+1> dmg) 2 dmg, opp. killed
2 (18/20) Marco Polo (3-5 <+3)) Warrior Hoplit (2 HP, 1-3) 3 dmg, opp. killed
Card Shop: Drain (1 HP heal + 1 HP opp. dmg); Weaken (25% opp. HP reduction); Chaos (opp. self dmg) == Chose Chaos
3 (15/20) Leonidas I. (1-3) Hua Mulan (3 HP, 2-3 <+2>) Redraw (5 coins)
4 (15/20) Chaos Hua Mulan (3 HP, 2-3 <+2>) Opp. 2 dmg
5 (15/20) Geisha (2-3) Hua Mulan (1 HP, 2-3) 2 dmg, opp. killed
6 (13/20) Ulysses S. Grant (3-6) Leonidas I. (3 HP, 1-3) 1 dmg, opp. killed
Card shop: Healer (6 HP heal); Drain (3 HP heal + 3 HP opp. dmg); Sacrifice (3 HP loss, opp. self dmg x 2) == Chose Healer
7 (12/20) Medusa (3-5) Joan of Arc (8 HP, 3-6) 6 dmg, opp. 3 dmg
8 (6/20) Cleopatra (3-6) Joan of Arc (5 HP, 3-6) DEATH WARNING - Redraw (5 coins)
9 (6/20) Healer (6 HP heal) Joan of Arc (5 HP, 3-6) Heal 6 HP
10 (12/20) Viking Raider (1-2) Joan of Arc (5 HP, 3-6) 5 dmg, opp. 1 dmg
11 (7/20) Joan of Arc (3-6) Joan of Arc (4 HP, 3-6) 3 dmg, opp. 3 dmg
12 (4/20) Pythagoras (3-6 <+3>) Joan of Arc (1 HP, 3-6) DEATH WARNING - Purchase Heal 10 HP (85 coins)
13 (14/20) Pythagoras (3-6 <+3>) Joan of Arc (1 HP, 3-6) 5 dmg, opp. killed
14 (9/20) Ada Lovelace (3-4 <+3>) William Wallace (8 HP, 3-4) 3 dmg, opp. 7 dmg
15 (6/20) William Wallce (3-4) William Wallace (1 HP, 3-4) 4 dmg, opp. killed
Card Shop: Weaken (opp. 75% HP reduction); Healer (8 HP heal); Drain (5 HP heal + 5 HP opp. dmg) == Chose Drain
16 (2/20) Jester (1-2) Ada Lovelace (7 HP, 3-4) DEATH WARNING - Redraw (5 coins)
17 (2/20) Drain (5 HP heal + 5 HP dmg) Ada Lovelace (7 HP, 3-4) Heal 5 HP, opp. 5 dmg
18 (7/20) Beethoven (4-5) Ada Lovelace (2 HP, 3-4) 3 dmg, opp. killed
19 (4/20) Cleopatra (3-6) Sir Lancelot (10 HP, 5-7) DEATH WARNING - Purchase Heal 10 HP (85 coins)
20 (14/20) Cleopatra (3-6) Sir Lancelot (10 HP, 5-7) 6 dmg, opp. 3 dmg
21 (8/20) Leonidas I (1-2) Sir Lancelot (7 HP, 5-7 <+5>) DEATH WARNING - Redraw (5 coins)
22 (8/20) Oracle of Delphi (2-4) Sir Lancelot (7 HP, 5-7) 6 dmg, opp. 2 dmg
23 (2/20) King Minos (3-4) Sir Lancelot (5 HP, 5-7 <+5>) DEATH WARNING - Redraw (5 coins)
24 (2/20) Jester (1-2 <+1>) Sir Lancelot (5 HP, 5-7) DEATH WARNING - Purchase Heal 10 HP (85 coins)
25 (12/20) Jester (1-2 <+1>) Sir Lancelot (5 HP, 5-7) 6 dmg, opp. 2 dmg
26 (6/20) Leonidas I. (1-3) Sir Lancelot (3 HP, 5-7 <+5>) DEATH WARNING - Purchase Heal 10 HP (85 coins)
27 (16/20) Leonidas I. (1-3) Sir Lancelot (3 HP, 5-7 <+5>) Redraw (5 coins)
28 (16/20) King Minos (3-4) Sir Lancelot (3 HP, 5-7 <+5>) 12 dmg, opp. killed

Deck finished: 370 coins spent, 20 GP points earned, cards remaining: 1 (Leonidas I.)

I can only see one place where I wasted coins. Turn 26, I had 6 HP and needed to protect against 12 dmg, so instead of buying a 10 HP heal for 85 coins, I could have purchased a 5 HP heal and two 1 HP heals for 65 coins, saving 20 coins. So, assume the real total here would be 350 coins instead of 370.

Please let me know where else I wasted my coins or used bad strategy. I really need to know because 350 coins to get 20 GP points isn't going to cut it.

Last edited:

PJS299

Easy deck:

Turn (health): My card (stats <bonus>): Opponent card (stats <bonus>): Result:
1 (20/20) Emperor Charlemagne (3-5) Viking Plunderer ( 1 HP, 1-2 <+1> dmg) 2 dmg, opp. killed
2 (18/20) Marco Polo (3-5 <+3)) Warrior Hoplit (2 HP, 1-3) 3 dmg, opp. killed
Card Shop: Drain (1 HP heal + 1 HP opp. dmg); Weaken (25% opp. HP reduction); Chaos (opp. self dmg) == Chose Chaos
3 (15/20) Leonidas I. (1-3) Hua Mulan (3 HP, 2-3 <+2>) Redraw (5 coins)
4 (15/20) Chaos Hua Mulan (3 HP, 2-3 <+2>) Opp. 2 dmg
5 (15/20) Geisha (2-3) Hua Mulan (1 HP, 2-3) 2 dmg, opp. killed
6 (13/20) Ulysses S. Grant (3-6) Leonidas I. (3 HP, 1-3) 1 dmg, opp. killed
Card shop: Healer (6 HP heal); Drain (3 HP heal + 3 HP opp. dmg); Sacrifice (3 HP loss, opp. self dmg x 2) == Chose Healer
7 (12/20) Medusa (3-5) Joan of Arc (8 HP, 3-6) 6 dmg, opp. 3 dmg
8 (6/20) Cleopatra (3-6) Joan of Arc (5 HP, 3-6) DEATH WARNING - Redraw (5 coins)
9 (6/20) Healer (6 HP heal) Joan of Arc (5 HP, 3-6) Heal 6 HP
10 (12/20) Viking Raider (1-2) Joan of Arc (5 HP, 3-6) 5 dmg, opp. 1 dmg
11 (7/20) Joan of Arc (3-6) Joan of Arc (4 HP, 3-6) 3 dmg, opp. 3 dmg
12 (4/20) Pythagoras (3-6 <+3>) Joan of Arc (1 HP, 3-6) DEATH WARNING - Purchase Heal 10 HP (85 coins)
13 (14/20) Pythagoras (3-6 <+3>) Joan of Arc (1 HP, 3-6) 5 dmg, opp. killed
14 (9/20) Ada Lovelace (3-4 <+3>) William Wallace (8 HP, 3-4) 3 dmg, opp. 7 dmg
15 (6/20) William Wallce (3-4) William Wallace (1 HP, 3-4) 4 dmg, opp. killed
Card Shop: Weaken (opp. 75% HP reduction); Healer (8 HP heal); Drain (5 HP heal + 5 HP opp. dmg) == Chose Drain
16 (2/20) Jester (1-2) Ada Lovelace (7 HP, 3-4) DEATH WARNING - Redraw (5 coins)
17 (2/20) Drain (5 HP heal + 5 HP dmg) Ada Lovelace (7 HP, 3-4) Heal 5 HP, opp. 5 dmg
18 (7/20) Beethoven (4-5) Ada Lovelace (2 HP, 3-4) 3 dmg, opp. killed
19 (4/20) Cleopatra (3-6) Sir Lancelot (10 HP, 5-7) DEATH WARNING - Purchase Heal 10 HP (85 coins)
20 (14/20) Cleopatra (3-6) Sir Lancelot (10 HP, 5-7) 6 dmg, opp. 3 dmg
21 (8/20) Leonidas I (1-2) Sir Lancelot (7 HP, 5-7 <+5>) DEATH WARNING - Redraw (5 coins)
22 (8/20) Oracle of Delphi (2-4) Sir Lancelot (7 HP, 5-7) 6 dmg, opp. 2 dmg
23 (2/20) King Minos (3-4) Sir Lancelot (5 HP, 5-7 <+5>) DEATH WARNING - Redraw (5 coins)
24 (2/20) Jester (1-2 <+1>) Sir Lancelot (5 HP, 5-7) DEATH WARNING - Purchase Heal 10 HP (85 coins)
25 (12/20) Jester (1-2 <+1>) Sir Lancelot (5 HP, 5-7) 6 dmg, opp. 2 dmg
26 (6/20) Leonidas I. (1-3) Sir Lancelot (3 HP, 5-7 <+5>) DEATH WARNING - Purchase Heal 10 HP (85 coins)
27 (16/20) Leonidas I. (1-3) Sir Lancelot (3 HP, 5-7 <+5>) Redraw (5 coins)
28 (16/20) King Minos (3-4) Sir Lancelot (3 HP, 5-7 <+5>) 12 dmg, opp. killed

Deck finished: 370 coins spent, 20 GP points earned, cards remaining: 1 (Leonidas I.)

I can only see one place where I wasted coins. Turn 26, I had 6 HP and needed to protect against 12 dmg, so instead of buying a 10 HP heal for 85 coins, I could have purchased a 5 HP heal and two 1 HP heals for 65 coins, saving 20 coins. So, assume the real total here would be 350 coins instead of 370.

Please let me know where else I wasted my coins or used bad strategy. I really need to know because 350 coins to get 20 GP points isn't going to cut it.
Not entirely sure what is going on here. All I know is that it takes me about 30 coins to finish the easy deck, and I still have about 5 cards left.

You're obviously doing something wrong if it takes you nine turns to defeat a single enemy.

Blatantlybiased

Not entirely sure what is going on here. All I know is that it takes me about 30 coins to finish the easy deck, and I still have about 5 cards left.

You're obviously doing something wrong if it takes you nine turns to defeat a single enemy.
I can't help what cards I draw, and those are the results. Please show me where I did the wrong thing that cost me 320 extra coins. One thing I had been doing when I was spending 200 coins per easy deck was redrawing when I got a good card against a weak opp. card (turns 1 and 2 above), saving the good ones for the strong opponents. Likewise, I was redrawing when I got a weak card against a strong opponent card. That's why i was redrawing practically every single turn. I was advised in this thread not to do that, that an easy deck could be defeated without doing it. So, I followed that advice and spent 350 coins instead of 200.

Last edited:

Blatantlybiased

Meanwhile, by the way, I am now in the Silver League. Top 5%. And still only at 816 out of the 2000 GP points I need to get the reward to max level. Getting the main reward to max standard level (i.e. excluding silver or gold upgrades) should be the norm for practically anyone who finishes the event. Finishing in the top 5% and not getting it shouldn't be possible in any event. Ever.

Pericles the Lion

Meanwhile, by the way, I am now in the Silver League. Top 5%. And still only at 816 out of the 2000 GP points I need to get the reward to max level. Getting the main reward to max standard level (i.e. excluding silver or gold upgrades) should be the norm for practically anyone who finishes the event. Finishing in the top 5% and not getting it shouldn't be possible in any event. Ever.
My guess is that you are in Silver League because you're using up battle coins and tickets that you earned in the Rush and Daily quests while many (most?) players are waiting for both Rivals to finish before running the questline. There aren't any really appealing daily specials so there's no advantage to rushing through the quests and collecting tickets that have to be used to keep the regenerating tickets coming. On both of the worlds that I'm playing the Event I haven't gotten past the 7th quest (reward is a ticket) or collected the 5th quest milestone reward (3 tickets). I don't think that I am alone in using this strategy. My bet is that there will be a surge in progress starting next Wednesday when Rivals ends (not to mention the participation of diamond spenders which will come late in the event).

Blatantlybiased

Just another little stat from that deck:

Minimum damage by me when it made a difference*: 7/8 (turns 4, 7, 10, 11, 20, 22, 25)
Maximum damage by me when it made a difference**: 1/8 (turn 14)
Minimum damage by opponent when it made a difference***: 6/14 (turns 1, 5, 6, 11, 14, 18)
Maximum damage by opponent when it made a difference****: 3/14 (turns 2, 7, 15)

Also, the boss did maximum damage to me on the final battle, but it didn't make a difference because the deck was finished

* made a difference = minimum damage would not kill the opponent, but higher damage would kill the opponent or inflict more damage to opponent
** made a difference = maximum damage would kill the opponent or inflict more damage but lesser damage would not kill or would inflict less damage
*** made a difference = minimum damage would inflict less damage to me, but higher possible damage would not kill me
**** made a difference = maximum damage would not kill me, but would inflict more damage

There were no battles when the opponent had the possibility of killing me.

PJS299

My guess is that you are in Silver League because you're using up battle coins and tickets that you earned in the Rush and Daily quests while many (most?) players are waiting for both Rivals to finish before running the questline. There aren't any really appealing daily specials so there's no advantage to rushing through the quests and collecting tickets that have to be used to keep the regenerating tickets coming. On both of the worlds that I'm playing the Event I haven't gotten past the 7th quest (reward is a ticket) or collected the 5th quest milestone reward (3 tickets). I don't think that I am alone in using this strategy. My bet is that there will be a surge in progress starting next Wednesday when Rivals ends (not to mention the participation of diamond spenders which will come late in the event).
I haven't collected the milestone either :)

The only reason I'm doing the quests is to give me battle coins. I'm doing a mix of medium and easy decks, so I need a bit more coins.

This Rival has been nice, though. Lots of coins and tickets (and negotiation power!)

Sharmon the Impaler

Its not worth getting though. Only 75 attack on attack is usable in GBG , NO population , very low dailies and it needs a road and is really big : To the auction house it goes !

grovepoo.JPG

Dursland

Its not worth getting though. Only 75 attack on attack is usable in GBG , NO population , very low dailies and it needs a road and is really big : To the auction house it goes !
Worthwhile if you had a blank 4x6 and 2 panda shrines (non-chain) with outdated 1x1s behind them to replace. Then 3 Apex is perfect for you lol.

Adding them actually pushed my GBG attack to over 6000%