• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] If I put a marketplace in my city, can it be plundered?

DeletedUser26765

If I put a marketplace on in my city, will I get items just for having it there--like goods or things if someone uses it? I am trying to understand how the game works since I am new to it. To see if it is worth the cost to put it in my city. I was thinking like a commission. I am just wondering.

DeletedUser8152

If I put a marketplace on in my city, will I get items just for having it there--like goods or things if someone uses it? I am trying to understand how the game works since I am new to it. To see if it is worth the cost to put it in my city. I was thinking like a commission. I am just wondering.
The marketplace is a 3x3 EMA building that provides 430 happiness. If you build it in your city, you'll get 430 happiness, and it can be polished to 860 happiness. There is no other benefit.

DeletedUser26765

I thought I saw where they did trades at the marketplace. I thought it was at the building we can buy. That is why I was asking. I saw it in the questions section. Maybe I read it wrong. I was thinking that if I bought the marketplace then I could go there to do the trading. I think I am really confused on this.

DeletedUser8152

OK I see. There are two different things. You can build a marketplace in your city, all it does is produce happiness. You can also trade goods on the "market" which is just the trading screen. You don't have to build anything for that, just click the hammer icon at the lower left corner. It is available to everyone and unrelated to structures built in your city.