• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

If You Can Have Virtually No Lag...

DeletedUser26965

...but instead of the game being browser/flash based you would have a download client, meaning you would have to download much of the game, and separate game window like World of Warcraft, would you do it?

And, what if at some point the game becomes too big for browser/flash base and there is a cost to the game at that point, would you do it then?

edit: I realize there will always be "lag" but this would reduce it a lot for a lot of players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26579

I personally would, as all my technical issues have to do with Flash slowing down over time or having Flash fail to retrieve the cached images (resulting in invisible buildings/troops/etc).

DeletedUser27889

I suppose I would do it if that were the only way but I wouldn't play nearly as much. One of the things I like most about this game is the mobile app. I can easily check it, reply to any messages, collect my goods no matter where I am and for the most part no matter what I'm doing, it only takes a minute. I also would have never started the game if it hadn't been available on mobile as at the time I was looking for something to play on my phone when I found the game.

Now if a downloadable option didn't overtake the browser/app option then I wouldn't really see a downside to having it available at all. I don't really experience any lag myself so I probably wouldn't use it.

DeletedUser25273

In one sense the App is like the downloadable option for the PC, since you down load the app once, and run it, as opposed to using a browser and every time you start the game the flash plugin in the browser needs to download the game code.

DeletedUser26965

In one sense the App is like the downloadable option for the PC, since you down load the app once, and run it, as opposed to using a browser and every time you start the game the flash plugin in the browser needs to download the game code.
I wonder what GvG would be like on mobile, meh, we'll probably never know.

DeletedUser25273

I don't know if the lack of GvG on Mobile is an attempt to help lag there by keeping some people out, or if there is some technical issue with the way mobile works that would itself add too much delay into the game, causing problems with GvG.

DeletedUser26965

I don't know if the lack of GvG on Mobile is an attempt to help lag there by keeping some people out, or if there is some technical issue with the way mobile works that would itself add too much delay into the game, causing problems with GvG.
I suspect because they want to dumb it down in an attempt to attract a broader player base, that's why you can do GE and Tavern on mobile, those are nice and easy push button and collect aspects for certain types of players. I'm surprised they didn't remove PvP for mobile:p I assume all new future game content will be like Tavern and mini games.o_O

DeletedUser2355

Anything that would help with the awful lag, specially in GvG